• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Maui Villas South HDMI?

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recall if the Westin Maui Villas South villas have HDMI inputs on their TV's in the studio units.

Thanks
Mike

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. I'm here right now and just checked. The TVs are old and so they only have RCA inputs.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm in a 1BR and just reread your post. I am pretty sure that the TVs are the same as the studios. WKORV-N may have HDMI as they have flat panel TVs and are newer. I was recently at WPROV and WLR and both had flat panel TVs as well and I would assume that they have HDMI.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I was recently at WPROV and WLR and both had flat panel TVs as well and I would assume that they have HDMI.

Not at WLR. In fact, the TVs are mounted such that they can't be moved at all - no tilt, nothing. I can't even see the ports on the back, but I tried to find any open ports and can't... And, the (terrible) Zenith DVDs they have are connected via RCA.

Windy at WLR today!

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not at WLR. In fact, the TVs are mounted such that they can't be moved at all - no tilt, nothing. I can't even see the ports on the back, but I tried to find any open ports and can't... And, the (terrible) Zenith DVDs they have are connected via RCA.

Windy at WLR today!

Yep. I used the RCA ports for our Wii while we were there.

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the TV doesn't even have SVIDEO?

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in Building 7 at WKORV-N now, and the LG flat screen TV's seem to have it all: 2 HDMI, 2 Component Video, S Video, plus a couple composite video inputs. The DVD player uses one of the composite video inputs, everything else is clear. The LG's do swivel as well.
Doug

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We are in Building 7 at WKORV-N now, and the LG flat screen TV's seem to have it all: 2 HDMI, 2 Component Video, S Video, plus a couple composite video inputs. The DVD player uses one of the composite video inputs, everything else is clear. The LG's do swivel as well.
Doug

If memory serves, the TVs at WKORV-N are on stands, correct? Unfortunately, at WLR they are mounted to the wall. But they are probably the same model TV, so I would assume these have the same inputs - I just can't see them or access them! :crash:

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the new Wii game "Swim-up Bar"?
:rofl:

First - David - that was hilarious.

Second - I find this thread very interesting as I'm a self-proclaimed techo nerd in some respects and one major annoyance I've had with the new resorts/new phases is that you have a fairly high quality HDTV with a fairly expensive Bose sound system, and upconverting DVD players, and they are all connected with composite cables. WHAT??!! Quality-wise, it goes composite, S-Video, component, HDMI. Why are we living in the dark ages guys??? Beside the quality improvement, the number of cables is decreased.

Sorry - just my 2¢.

-tim

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Quality-wise, it goes composite, S-Video, component, HDMI. Why are we living in the dark ages guys???

I'm sure it's just cost. RCA cables are typically included with DVD players and HDMI are not. You might then wonder why SVN can't splurge ~$2 per cable (that's all they cost in bulk... and sometimes not even that much). Even better, I don't think it's out of line for us to expect SVN to have an input easily accessible for us to use with our own equipment - such as Westin5Star and his Wii.