• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing at Westin Lagunamar resale. Are there two different types of one bedrooms. If so how do they differ? Thanks

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You will see many studio units listed as 1BR. They are not. Though they are still great units for a studio. No oven, but there is a two burner cook top, larger mini fridge and a smaller dishwasher. There is also in room laundry in the studio. Just no separate bedroom and no big soaking tub.

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
I'm pretty sure that the lockoff units do have a nice whirlpool tub and a separate walk-in shower. We don't cook much when we're there and the mini frig has always been able to handle what we get for breakfast, lunch and plenty of liquid refreshments.

jabak5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF (Maui) 2bd (even year)
WLR (Cancun) 2bd (odd year)
WKR (Scottsdale) 1bd Premium X 2 (both even)
Westin Flex annual
And that’s it, no more. Definitely done!
Post #2 shows site floor plans. If one reads description, it does says whirlpool tub. Studio side (at least in the ones we've had does have a whirlpool tub).
Lagunamar is a great resort. Floor plans just like KORVN, I believe.
We have 2 bd lock-offs at both, enjoy them both. Have use both as lock offs and as individual units. This is what made them so attractive to us. I will say that I one time the studio side at both resorts may have had smaller refrig both I think that all have full size now. We love to cook and generally do so on vacations so even the smaller frig was never been a problem. We also support the local community by purcasing our groceries and going out for a couple of nice dinners.
Maui for us is easier to get to but must say Lagunamar Resort and STAFF is incredible!
For whatever it's worth, we are very happy that we have the locations we do and have never regretted either.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm pretty sure that the lockoff units do have a nice whirlpool tub and a separate walk-in shower. We don't cook much when we're there and the mini frig has always been able to handle what we get for breakfast, lunch and plenty of liquid refreshments.

I went back and looked at our photos from 2011. I believe you are right, there is a whirlpool tub in the studio unit that we stayed in.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've seen the week 19 on ebay. I doubt it is really fixed. I can't imagine that anyone would pay extra to make a float week fixed for week 19. It is probably just a gold plus (1-4, 18-23, 36-43, 48-50).

It should exchange ok using starwood preference. Studios in general don't trade the best through II.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What is with Lagunamar prices lately? I decide to get in to the market and a studio week sells for over $1000 today? Looks like I am priced out at the moment.

margolism

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great property, amazing service, not all inclusive, received a number of awards and accolades over the past few years.