• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar Transfer Process

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
I'm considering buying a resale WLR week. I suggested using LT Transfers for closing and escrow. The seller is saying that I would effectively be double-paying, as all titles changes have to be handled by Liberty Title.

The seller said:

LT transfer just provides transfer services, and they still need to deal with Liberty title company. Liberty title company manage all titles for Marriott corporation. It is not just resales. All sales by Marriott in certain regions need to go through Liberty title company.

Does anyone know if the $300 transfer fee that Vistana charges basically the Liberty Title fee?

Aside from the Liberty title question, there's the question of escrow. Are there escrow only services available?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Lagunamar transfers have been handled via Chicago Title Insurance Company, a division of Fidelity National Financial. Not Liberty Title, unless something changed very recently.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
WLR is an RTU so there’s no deed. There really isn’t much to do other than to handle the transfer of the equity membership.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The only issue may be with escrow. Does Chicago Title offer escrow service as well? If so, or it is just a $0 transfer, then there is no need for LT Transfers.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used multiple transfer companies for all of our WLR purchases, including LT and resort closings inc.
There has always been a Chicago Title $300 fee, in addition to the $275 - 350 fee to the transfer company. I have not heard of Liberty title. LT also provides escrow for a fee

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have used multiple transfer companies for all of our WLR purchases, including LT and resort closings inc.
There has always been a Chicago Title $300 fee, in addition to the $275 - 350 fee to the transfer company. I have not heard of Liberty title. LT also provides escrow for a fee
Another question. WOuld Chicago TItle or Liberty (whichever it is) request and provide a Resale Information Sheet (estoppel)? If not, this would be a reason to have someone like LT involved.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If the purchase had been a low dollar amount, do you need LT Transfers? Or, can Chicago handle everything? What does LT Transfers provide? Escrow and a resale information sheet?

Thanks!

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think that Chicago Title can do it all, but I have never tried.
LT collected all of the personal info, drafted documents and submitted the final paperwork to Vistana/Westin/Marriott. They also held funds and remitted the $300 fee to Chicago Title

jeffm211

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also am contemplating purchase of a resale at WLR. Will I be required to pay Vistana dues as well as the Abound membership fee since the resale won't be part of my Vistana ownerships that are part of Abound? If so, for an EOY, will the full dues be assessed every year or 1/2 of the dues every year similar to the MFs?

Any "gotchas" to be cognizant of on the purchase/transfer process? Thanks.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
No Abound dues and no VSN fees, since a resale Westin Lagunamar will not be in VSN and not eligible for Abound.

jeffm211

TUG Member
Reaction score
No Abound dues and no VSN fees, since a resale Westin Lagunamar will not be in VSN and not eligible for Abound.
Thanks. Would one make a reservation using the Vistana website as if it were in VSN as a home resort but not star options?

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Would one make a reservation using the Vistana website as if it were in VSN as a home resort but not star options?
Yes, you will see Home Resort "out of network"
when you see inventory using the villa finder.
We have multiple WLR resale contracts