• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Kierland Question

frb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just used an AC to book WKV and had a couple of questions.

1. Do I have to pay any additional fees once I'm there, such as occupancy tax, utility surcharges, parking fee, etc. I'm an SVV Bella owner, so would this help in not having to pay the additional fees.

2. The email confirmation lists the room reservation as 320304. From prior threads, I'm guessing this means bldg 3, 2nd floor, units 3 & 4. What bldg or rooms would you recommend? We have 3 kids (12, 9, 7) and would probably spend a lot of time at the pool. 1st priority would be to be fairly close to the pool, newer/nicer room, then view. Looking at the resort map on the owner service page, it appears that bldg 3 is pretty good location by the pool/lazy river. Also, I was thinking I would request the highest floor, but then probably not as I would have my parents (80+ years old) whom still live in Tempe/Phoenix over most of the time. So, 1st floor would be better unless there are elevators. Or does this room reservation not mean anything until I actually check in and they will assign me a room at that time.

I appreciate the help.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I can't help with #1, but you may or may not get the unit on your II reservation. Since you are a Starwood owner, you should call and ask for the unit you want (and keep your fingers crossed!) You need to call Starwood Owner Services - II doesn't do requests.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I just used an AC to book WKV and had a couple of questions.

1. Do I have to pay any additional fees once I'm there, such as occupancy tax, utility surcharges, parking fee, etc. I'm an SVV Bella owner, so would this help in not having to pay the additional fees.

I appreciate the help.

Check your II confirmation and see if they mention additional fees - you would pay whatever an II exchanger is normally charged.
In Aruba, everyone pays a room tax that is imposed by the local government - whether you are there as an owner or an exchanger.

I just stayed at Atlantis at Harborside and WSJ as an exchanger and there were no additinal fees.

If you MUST know, call the resort and ask them if there are additional fees.
Enjoy your trip.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at WKV, and I don't recall any extra fees, but you should call to double check. Things may have changed in the last year. This year we are exchanging to WKORV-N in December.

There are definitely elevators in all the buildings so when you call you might ask for a room that is closer to the elevators if you are on an upper floor for the convenience of your guests. Enjoy your trip. WKV is a beautiful resort.

Doug

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
recently stayed at WKV
lazy pool is at the hotel not timeshare
free shuttle to hotel
or take your car

tinkerbell2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also own at SVV ( Bella ) and used it for Westin Kierland this fall. There was no extra fees. I didn't use II however, but the internal system ie SO