• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Flex offers May 2021

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Probably misrepresented the complete truth if you want to put it politely. Technically, if there is just one OF week in the trust he wasn't lying - I would have access to reserve an OF week at 12 months out...
Early on, we did an analysis of the trust and there were zero OF weeks in there. That may have changed now, but I doubt it.

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
Early on, we did an analysis of the trust and there were zero OF weeks in there. That may have changed now, but I doubt it.

The disclosures as of Jan 2020 state there is not. Having just done an owner update where they were offering WKORV OFD units for $134k, but I think with a discount down to about $100k, I highly doubt there are any. Likewise they had OF HomeOptions available at Nanea. They also had some OV EOY inventory not on Flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The disclosures as of Jan 2020 state there is not. Having just done an owner update where they were offering WKORV OFD units for $134k, but I think with a discount down to about $100k, I highly doubt there are any. Likewise they had OF HomeOptions available at Nanea. They also had some OV EOY inventory not on Flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I now see why they are holding those oceanfront weeks back and selling them as weeks. WOW!

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Offers we declined yesterday at Sheraton Kauai are below. Last year they offered to take back my deeded week and credit the purchase amount to a Flex plan, not this year.

Interesting they were only selling Westin at a Sheraton.

View attachment 35620
View attachment 35620
View attachment 35622
Interesting. At WKORV in March, I was offered pretty much the exact same deal for 81,000 Westin Flex points as you were. But the offer for 148,100 Flex points was much worse than yours: $56,631. They were offering to take back my EOY Westin Flex and give me $17,507 for it (presumably that's what I paid for it, I'd have to look.) That price was after an "Owner discount" of $6,904, which is much less than the "On Tour Discount" you were offered. (The starting price of $63,535 is the same on your offer and mine.)

Of course I said no (I kind of regret the 81,000 EOY Westin Flex purchase they convinced me to make a couple of years ago, but it does open up some inventory I couldn't access with my deeded weeks, but I wish I'd bought it resale.)

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
On 4/1/2021 at a WKORV owner update we saw this same Westin Flex offer as well: 148,100 WF points for $63,534. That is $0.429 per WF point and the sales manager showed us in his book where that was the going rate for developer sales at that time. He also offered to combine our other two existing WF deeds into one new 148,100 point WF deed by rolling our original contract prices into the deal (I did not ask why they wouldn’t be valued at the current developer rate). Then another 15% was taken off for the final offered price. We want to do something in the future to increase our ownership, but this wasn’t it or the right time. So we thanked them, took our 20K Bonvoy points, and capped off the day with a hike and sunset at Haleakala summit!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
They also have Nanea Flex (which is subdivided into two separate pools; oceanfront and resort view), Sheraton Flex, Aventuras along with several smaller home option programs at WSJ. I suspect this is causing Marriott Vacation Club a lot of heartburn in trying to come up with a combined system.

It will be interesting to see how these home option programs will play a role in any marriott combined system. I’ve been thinking about buying a voluntary home option contract. I don’t see good things for the VSN in the future. My fear is Inventory as slim as it is now will be non existent in the VSN.

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
It will be interesting to see how these home option programs will play a role in any marriott combined system. I’ve been thinking about buying a voluntary home option contract. I don’t see good things for the VSN in the future. My fear is Inventory as slim as it is now will be non existent in the VSN.
I think VSN as accessible to Mandatory owners will be killed through starvation, as they would have the Developer purchased weeks enrolled in the new system that translates to Marriott instead of normal deposit into VSN. VSN would still exist, but at most only inventory from Mandatory properties, as they will have a way to incentivize using the new system over VSN for fully qualified owners.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I think VSN as accessible to Mandatory owners will be killed through starvation, as they would have the Developer purchased weeks enrolled in the new system that translates to Marriott instead of normal deposit into VSN. VSN would still exist, but at most only inventory from Mandatory properties, as they will have a way to incentivize using the new system over VSN for fully qualified owners.

Don’t be surprised if they allow all (resale, developer, mandatory and voluntary) owners the ability to convert. That will open up inventory for Marriott owners at Westin and Sheraton resorts. But If the VSN Dries up, I’ll just stick with renting or buying home options at the best Caribbean destination.