• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Reslae vs developer purchase

S

Steamboat Bill

I bought a Westgate Park City ski week about 2.5 years ago and received a blue owners card shaped like a credit card. I have used the card dozens of times to get discount lift tickets, restaurant discounts, spa discounts, etc. and can buy these vouchers at the Gifting Department inside the sales center.

When I requested a card for my wife today, I was told that she is not entitled to one as we bought resale and I should not have one either. Rather than get mad, I hung up the phone as we are leaving saturday and I bought all my lift tickets already.

Does anyone know if this is true or typical BS?

What (if any) benefits are there only for developer purchases vs reslae purchases.

For the past two years, I have been treated well and I wonder if I have been "marked"

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I bought a Westgate Park City ski week about 2.5 years ago and received a blue owners card shaped like a credit card. I have used the card dozens of times to get discount lift tickets, restaurant discounts, spa discounts, etc. and can buy these vouchers at the Gifting Department inside the sales center.

When I requested a card for my wife today, I was told that she is not entitled to one as we bought resale and I should not have one either. Rather than get mad, I hung up the phone as we are leaving saturday and I bought all my lift tickets already.

Does anyone know if this is true or typical BS?

What (if any) benefits are there only for developer purchases vs reslae purchases.

For the past two years, I have been treated well and I wonder if I have been "marked"

We are resale buyers & we got our "Blue Card". Maybe your first of many tastes of the true color of this group. h

S

Steamboat Bill

We are resale buyers & we got our "Blue Card". Maybe your first of many tastes of the true color of this group. h

Hahahahahahahha

John...I know you are not a Westgate fan, but I really like the Park City location. Have you ever visited this place? If you are a skier, this place rocks.

This has been my only complaint so far. Either way, owning sure beats renting for $4-5k per week during prime ski season.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahha

John...I know you are not a Westgate fan, but I really like the Park City location. Have you ever visited this place? If you are a skier, this place rocks.

This has been my only complaint so far. Either way, owning sure beats renting for $4-5k per week during prime ski season.

Never stayed there but have seen it. A very beautiful resort. We're not cold weather people (we get enough at home - we prefer warm for most of our trips). I hope you remain a happy owner - it is better for all WG owners if they would act like humans and treat owners with at least courtesy.

By the way, who controls the Board there? Enjoy your stay.

S

Steamboat Bill

I just wanted to update everyone that I received my two blue Westgate owners cards in the mail today.....hooray!

They came in an envelop marked Ocoee, FL

Lerose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I just took the tour of Westgate Park City yesterday. The resort is beautiful. I had not idea that they made quality properties. There were some people picketing Westgate on the main drag to the Canyons. The banner said something about unfair labor practices.
Prices were steep: $39,900 for 1BR floating ski week, add an extra $10,000 to make it a fixed ski week, add an extra $20,000 for fixed week 51, 52, or 7; $26,900 for a 2BR bi-annual float ski week.
I went on the tour because I wanted to see the resort. After seeing, it, I'm thinking of buying there. The sales presentation wasn't the worst I've been to but it was the usual, lots of lying and inconsistencies. I want to find out more about other's experiences before we jump in. Is it fairly easy to book the ski week that you want? How far in advance do you need to book in order to get the week you want? I would need spring break which usually falls on week 11 or 12. Also what about the discounts? The salesman said you get a 50% discount on ski passes. Is that only at the Canyons or can you get it at some of the other resorts? How many discount passes can you get?

Linda

S

Steamboat Bill

Here is my review from last month
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65420&highlight=westgate+park+city

Resale yearly 2 bedroom ski weeks (not week 7, 51, 52) are about $28-30k.

You have to book 365 days to guarantee your week and I have never had a problem.

Ski pass discounts are about 25%, not 50% and you can buy an unlimited supply from the gifting dept and you can get all the Utah mountain ski passes there.

I am a happy owner.

What did the rep say was the advantage of buying direct from him vs buying resale???

Lerose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
What did the rep say was the advantage of buying direct from him vs buying resale???

I didn't get into a discussion about that with the salesman. My son was with me on the presentation and before the presentation started, he begged me not to ask too many questions so that we won't be there all day long.

mikeben

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been westgate park city owners for several years and no regrets. We have stayed at ski resorts everywhere and nothing else compares.

We reserve our ski week 11 months ahead and never have a problem getting what we want. I even got sundance week this year with no problem. The village and resort there is fantastic and great nye festivies and end of ski season concerts etc... kids and adults all love it. We even stay 1-2 wks there in the summer

If you buy from the developer like we did, we got in writing an exchange of 2 for 1 (or 4 for 1 for 1 bdrm)...so if we don't use our ski week we can get 2 wks with a 2 bdrm, 4 wks with a 1 bdrm etc... that we can deposit in II or use in other westgate propoerties. We use this alot and get alot of bang for the maintenance cost. We also rent our ski week out for 3x to 4x maintenance depending on the week.