• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Park City questions

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wow that sounds like a full price for resale and they still exercised ROFR. Must be pretty bullish on their prospect to resell it at retail!
A 4BR week 7 retail would be $85,000-$100,000.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow that sounds like a full price for resale and they still exercised ROFR. Must be pretty bullish on their prospect to resell it at retail!

I was not surprised at all. It a very big unit over around 2150 square feet with a private hot tub on the deck. Most resale 2br week 7‘s are listed around the same price, but I have no idea what they actually sell for, so is probably less than that. Would have been a awesome unit to own and I planned on renting it out for now and using when I retired to bring kids/grandkids. Best that it is a fixed week, wouldn’t have to fight with Westgate to reserve the week.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was trying to buy a 4 br fixed week 7 at Westgate Park city but they decided to exercise their ROFR. Price was just under $35,000.

FYI - 2BR fixed week 7 at Marriott Mountainside go for 35K resale. So, 4BR fixed week 7 at Westgate for 35k would have been a great price. Too good, as it turns out.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did have a conversation a real estate agent that is very familiar with Westgate Park City in regard to restrictions on booking reservations on resale weeks. What she told me was that anything purchased from Westgate after 2009 is will have resale restrictions. I did research the sales history of the 2br week I purchased last year and found out it was sold by Westgate in 2004. It had changed hands number of times over the years, but all through the real market and should not be subject to any restrictions on reserving. That may be why Westgate ultimately allowed me to reserve my 2022 week as I had requested to see the documents that restricted my ability to use my week. That is when owners services made a note on my ownership that I should be allowed to make my reservation.

So, if you are buying a week, you may want to check the sales history on the county website and see when it was sold by Westgate. The agent I spoke with seems to know quite a bite about Westgate Park City and said they do not list anything sold by Westgate after 2009.

I also did research the 4br week that Westgate took back on ROFR and see the original owners took out a $107,000 loan when they purchased the week back in 2003. Ouch!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Bear and Elk wings were all timeshares built in 2002 and sold out around 2006

The Bison and Moose were built around 2007 and were mixed timeshare and whole ownership

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks @grupp and @DazedandConfused.
Your posts add some real clarity on resale at WPC.

This thread remains one of the most accurately informative Westgate threads on TUG
And is at 2K views as of June 2021

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @grupp and @DazedandConfused.
Your posts add some real clarity on resale at WPC.

This thread remains one of the most accurately informative Westgate threads on TUG
And is at 2K views as of June 2021
Thank you, I am just trying to learn how to best use my ownership and sharing what I learn. Westgate Park City is a wonderful resort, but often dismissed because it is managed by Westgate with their efforts to limit benefits to resale owners.

Last edited:

TS12345

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WG
Hey - just heard that WG PC is stating they will levy a $2K Fee on top of MF for resale owners to use their FIXED deeded weeks from a friend who went to "owner's update". The "pitch" was to buy from them any unit officially so ANY other weeks become as if full (developer bought) ownerships. Is that possible? Anyone else hear? This would change our ownership considerably. THX-

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey - just heard that WG PC is stating they will levy a $2K Fee on top of MF for resale owners to use their FIXED deeded weeks from a friend who went to "owner's update". The "pitch" was to buy from them any unit officially so ANY other weeks become as if full (developer bought) ownerships. Is that possible? Anyone else hear? This would change our ownership considerably. THX-

Wanted to make sure I understand, you are saying they are going to charge a $2K fee to fixed week owners on top of the MF every year?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
just heard that WG PC is stating they will levy a $2K Fee on top of MF for resale owners to use their FIXED deeded weeks from a friend who went to "owner's update". The "pitch" was to buy from them any unit officially so ANY other weeks become as if full (developer bought) ownerships. Is that possible? Anyone else hear? This would change our ownership considerably.
Timeshare sales agents are notorious for making up changes that are "just around the corner" that only a purchase today will solve. They are nearly always a bunch of malarkey.

Westgate sales agents are more notorious than average.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
I was trying to buy a 4 br fixed week 7 at Westgate Park city but they decided to exercise their ROFR. Price was just under $35,000.
After the posts in this thread I was encouraged to go for it on a Week 52 Westgate Park City, 1 bedroom.
Just learned that WG exercised ROFR on it.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
After the posts in this thread I was encouraged to go for it on a Week 52 Westgate Park City, 1 bedroom.

I have a 4br floating week in for ROFR and waiting to hear back. Seems like they are in the buying mode and suspect it will get taken as well, but should hear soon.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
I have a 4br floating week in for ROFR and waiting to hear back. Seems like they are in the buying mode and suspect it will get taken as well, but should hear soon.
Nice, good luck!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My understanding was that both fixed weeks 7 and 51, 52 have always been high on WG target. They know they can sell them easily for big bucks so even when almost nothing was being ROFR'd those weeks were being taken back.

TS12345

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WG
Wanted to make sure I understand, you are saying they are going to charge a $2K fee to fixed week owners on top of the MF every year?

Yes that is exactly correct - for a week 51, 2 BR FIXED.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Next time you go to an owner's update meeting, tell them how classy Jackie looked on Below Deck ... NOT

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just found out that Westgate exercised the ROFR on the 4br floating ski season week at $25,000.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
Just found out that Westgate exercised the ROFR on the 4br floating ski season week at $25,000.
Bummer - looks like WG is once again bullish on their own sales prospects

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Can anyone who has stayed here and Marriott Summit Watch highlight some of the important differences? I like Summit Watch a lot (nice resort with location within walking distance to everything in town especially). But Westgate also looks lovely. I don't ski so go in the spring and summer for the outdoor activities then.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought I would give an update on my resale ownership and making reservations. I still am locked out online from making reservations outside the 60 window. So, I called today to make my March 2023 reservation. First customer service rep said I could not make the reservation since it was outside 60 day. I asked him to look in my file for a note from Richard at Owner Relations on or around March 16, 2021 that states I can make my reservations outside of the 60 day window. He found the note and transferred me to another person who was able to make my reservation.

I did ask if they could update my online account so I can make my reservation online and not have to call and go through this every year. She said since I have a resale week it I am only allowed to make my reservations within 60 days, but the note in my file is what allows me the exception. Therefore, she does not believe they can change it to allow me to make online reservations. In reality my week should not be subject to the restriction since it was originally sold by Westgate before the placed those restrictions on the weeks, which is probably why Owner Relations put that note in my file to allow me to make the reservation.

Somewhat of a hassle and was on the phone for a total of 20 minutes for something I could do online in a few minutes, but got the week I wanted. Much less than I spent on the this last year, so guess that is a move in the right direction.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not stayed at Summit Watch and only stayed at Westgate Park City during ski season. But I love the resort and always enjoy staying there. It can get confusing navigating around the hallways at first but the service from the staff has always been excellent.

TS12345

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WG
I did have a conversation a real estate agent that is very familiar with Westgate Park City in regard to restrictions on booking reservations on resale weeks. What she told me was that anything purchased from Westgate after 2009 is will have resale restrictions. I did research the sales history of the 2br week I purchased last year and found out it was sold by Westgate in 2004. It had changed hands number of times over the years, but all through the real market and should not be subject to any restrictions on reserving. That may be why Westgate ultimately allowed me to reserve my 2022 week as I had requested to see the documents that restricted my ability to use my week. That is when owners services made a note on my ownership that I should be allowed to make my reservation.

So, if you are buying a week, you may want to check the sales history on the county website and see when it was sold by Westgate. The agent I spoke with seems to know quite a bite about Westgate Park City and said they do not list anything sold by Westgate after 2009.

I also did research the 4br week that Westgate took back on ROFR and see the original owners took out a $107,000 loan when they purchased the week back in 2003. Ouch!

Your information has been so helpful! Many thanks. I have spent some time looking on the Utah website and can't figure out how to search for Westgate TimeShares (we have 2 resale). Any tips? THANKS!

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would still be interested in what people think of the resort itself, particularly compared with Marriott Summit Watch.

If you are not a skier, then you should absolutely buy & stay at Marriott Summit Watch. The Marriott is on Main Street in Park City and has all of Old Town - the art galleries, shops, bars, and restaurants immediately outside. So, whether its during the day or the evening, you can keep yourself well fed and entertained with a number of activities. The Westgate is on the Canyons side of Park City Mountain Resort. While there are a couple of restaurants at the base of the Canyons side of PCMR, there is nothing else to do outside of skiing and the lodge facilities with the swimming, hot tubs, and fitness center. You will always need to take a shuttle or car 15 minutes to Old Town and that is a hassle. Bottom line is if you don't ski, you will get bored at Westgate. You can easily rent a few days at both and easily observe this.

Last edited: