• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate owners bought HGVC

bmd1206

Reaction score
Hello, We are Ph Towers owners who just bought HGVC. We were told Hilton will practically take over all the units at some point and we'll have the option to join HGVC. But they won't do it for free so we'd be better off buying something now.

So we did, but now I feel like I should use my 5 days option to get out of the contract. Please tell me if we got screwed or got a good deal.

We went with the minimum of 3400 Clubpoints at ~$17K. We received bonus points which we were told can be transferred into the HH honors points, which was the main reason we decided to go with HGVC.

Please tell me if I can/should get out of this deal. This is the first time I don't feel comfortable about a purchase and have this unsettling feeling in my stomach.

Thank you.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you are in your rescind period, and it appears you are, then yes. Rescind ASAP! Buying almost any timeshare today at retail price is a big mistake. HGVC is no exception.

Realize 99% of what they told you is probably misinformation to make the sale. You can get the 1% that is the core value at resale for pennies. Rescind & then study how it all works & if you even want to be an owner. But rescind first as you only have a very limited time to undo a bad snap decision to buy an overpriced ownership.

You already likely paid way too much for a Wastegate ownership - don't make another big mistake by keeping this purchase.

gandalf252002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if they do not do it for free, it will be a lot less than the $17K you just paid. Rescind now while you have a chance. If they do buy out the rest, you will either be compensated or automatically become part of HGVC. Personally I cannot see how they can make you pay to be an owner of them.

Hello, We are Ph Towers owners who just bought HGVC. We were told Hilton will practically take over all the units at some point and we'll have the option to join HGVC. But they won't do it for free so we'd be better off buying something now.

So we did, but now I feel like I should use my 5 days option to get out of the contract. Please tell me if we got screwed or got a good deal.

We went with the minimum of 3400 Clubpoints at ~$17K. We received bonus points which we were told can be transferred into the HH honors points, which was the main reason we decided to go with HGVC.

Please tell me if I can/should get out of this deal. This is the first time I don't feel comfortable about a purchase and have this unsettling feeling in my stomach.

Thank you.

barond

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
HHonors is a terrible use of points and you way overpaid compared to resale.
3400 points * 25 = 85000 HH points which on average value at .005 per point = $425
3400 probably is costing you at least $600 per year in MF fees.

3400 points is 1 bedroom gold at hgvc sells closer to $1 per point at around $3400 resale. platinum (4800 points) would be at best $2 per point at $9600. You could probably by 2 platinum 1 bedrooms for the price of that one gold at retail.

Baron

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sage advice - "If you feel the need to ask .... you should rescind!!!!"

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
...This is the first time I don't feel comfortable about a purchase and have this unsettling feeling in my stomach.

Thank you.

This feeling is there for a reason: get out of this right away, do not delay, do not talk to anybody at Hilton about this, just follow the instructions that are part of your paperwork on how to rescind.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We love HGVC! They are great to those buying resale and just about every aspect of their operation.

That said, rescind. You paid too much and as mentioned earlier should be able to do much, much better on the open market.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Rescind!

But there's no reason to pay full-frieght for any TS to get into HGVC. Just buy resale.

Last edited:

Duanerice

Reaction score
I paid $2,000 plus closing fees for 3400 points at HGVC Flamingo resale. You decide :)
Duane

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner of the old planet hollywood week.
There's no way I buy a developer week for 17k...
Hilton will offer you a chance to join HGVC if they decide to own ALL of Elara weeks.
If they don't need ALL ELARA WEEKS, and don't offer you any chance, give away this week and buy a resale week which is 1/10 of developer prices.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Even IF what the salesman said is true, did it become part of your contract that you would be able to transfer your ph week into Hilton points. I bet not. I don't see how buying retail now would insure any better transition. In all likelyhood you would still have to buy another retail or pay the fee that anyone who did not buy Hilton points retail would have to pay.