• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Customer DIService

tina82054

Reaction score
We purchased a timeshare at Westgate Town Center in Kissimmee on 12/31/07. Almost immediately upon returning home I was getting non-stop phone calls asking for names for referrals for them to contact. I explained I did not want to do that and asked them to stop calling. I then got a home equity loan and paid half of the mortgage in order to lower the interest rate and payments on the remaining balance. I did this over the phone and discovered later that they took out an extra $2000 from my bank account. It took them 4 days to credit it back. They sent us the Mortgage Modification Agreement stating the new interest rate, monthly payment, next due date and balance amount. We signed, had it notarized and mailed it back in their self-addressed envelope. I then began getting phone calls asking about our past due payment, even though the new lower payment had been made within the grace period. Over the course of many days and during numerous phone calls, I was told they had not received the paperwork, they were working on the paperwork, the paperwork was lost and would have to be resent for our signature, and finally someone from the contract department informed me that yes they DID have the paperwork but there was a math error. They mistakenly deducted an extra $2000 from the balance and now want us to sign another Mortgage Modification Agreement with the correct figures. The phone calls continue and they will not reduce the interest rate until we sign. I will not sign anything until speaking to an attorney. They're also asking during each phone conversation for our maintainence and taxes to be paid, stating they were due on 1/2, (2 days after our purchase!), even though the online statement lists 5/1 as the due date. I find the associates deceptive, misinformed and overly pushy, bordering on harrassment. I've been reading a lot of negative stories on the internet about Westgate and regret ever buying. Any advice on dealing with this company would be appreciated. I sleep well at night knowing that I'm helping to pay for David Siegel's 90,000 sq. foot home and his $5.4 sexual harrassment lawsuit! :eek:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Oh, another HAPPY Wastegater

Unfortunately the only advice would have been to rescind back in your 7 day period as what you are experiencing is only the beginning of the nightmare called Wastegate ownership. There is no one to talk to, there is no one that cares, they only know how to sell more, hassle you and your family/friends, raise your fees and run the resorts into the ground under their so-called management.

Since you are into it way too far now do the best you can and hope you'll get the minimum hassle going forward. You can't sell for even 1/3 of what you paid so, unless you want to lose big money, thats not an option.

Sorry but thats what this Wastegate owner of over a decade has experienced. It isn't going to change despite the "rah rah" posts by three lonely Wastegate owners outside of Orlando (give them time, the filth of this organization will reach them soon enough) and a seasoned veteran of timeshare who feels he put one over on the Weasels in Las Vegas (lots of luck with that). You'll find hundreds if not thousands of disenchanted Wastegate owners if you look around the web. The few that haven't been bit yet are in a distinct minority.

Do the best you can to get it worked out as you want. Then hope some sucker buys it from you someday and you can wash the slime of Wastegate off your hands.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
A Benefit Of Resale Purchase I Never Appreciated Till Just Now.

Shux, all these years I thought the benefit of resale timeshares (as contrasted with paying full freight to a timeshare company) was strictly dollars & cents. You know, my broken record mantra -- Buy Resale, Save Thousands.

But now, after reading this latest horror story, I can appreciate that financial considerations are only the beginning. That is, it's obviously a major serious bonus to be able to skip all that purchase red tape & payment folderol with the timeshare company & instead just leave all the details to Timeshare Transfer Inc. or Timeshare Closing Services Inc. or JRA Services Inc.

Get a resale deed.
Get resort records changed.
Pay year's fees (if not already paid when deed changed hands).
Show up at timeshare resort.
Check in.
Enjoy luxury vacation accommodations at Motel 6 & Super 8 rates.
Check out & go home with no bill to pay.

Is this a great country or what?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I feel your pain, but . . .

Did you get groped?

Flashed?

Pinned against a wall?

Propositioned by Mr. S?

Propositioned by Mrs. S?

Sued when you spurned sexual advances?

Those seem to be the only claims that have stuck. They have managed to get away with everything else.

:(

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Merja-Merja-Merja ?

Looks like it is about time for the Grand Pro to Merge a couple of Threads.

Like maybe This One . . .

. . . together with That One.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Some things will never change

Talk about an oldie. Here is a well done post from 1998(!) regarding the exact same issues with Wastegate we hear so often today. Interesting that in 2002 a Weasel (supposedly) responded with the reasons "it couldn't be true" - that end up verifying virtually everything the poster originally said. Of course they didn't realize it, Weasels aren't particularly bright. Somehow I doubt the Weasel is still working there today unless he graduated to the (then) $200K per year "master seller" position.

I loved the part about $12,000 being a "great" price - they were almost giving them away - while the OP had found exact units on eBay even back in 2002 for $1500.

The slime merchants don't change, the marks get taken and life goes on. Why do you want to avoid Wastegate? Read the link, follow a few of the others and see what most people think of the Kings operation. And realize that there is no value to be had from this brand of waste.

S

Steamboat Bill

Sorry but thats what this Wastegate owner of over a decade has experienced. It isn't going to change despite the "rah rah" posts by three lonely Wastegate owners outside of Orlando (give them time, the filth of this organization will reach them soon enough) and a seasoned veteran of timeshare who feels he put one over on the Weasels in Las Vegas (lots of luck with that).

This "rah rah" Westgate Park City owner bought resale via cash. So far the filth has not reached me in three years.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It will come. Give it time

This "rah rah" Westgate Park City owner bought resale via cash. So far the filth has not reached me in three years.

I too bought resale &, for 7 or 8 years, thought things were "OK". Then the issues started, the truth of the totally corrupt and owner bashing operation showed its colors - most recently, along with too many others to mention, deeded fixed weeks being treated as float use (but only when it suits the slime King- never if an owner might benefit). Dream on that somehow your Wastegate Resort is immune. All too soon they will start the owner raking there too and you'll find out what they are really about. It's not owner rights, satisfaction or reasonable fees. Its more more for the obnoxious, convicted King & his loyal weasels. Nothing else counts.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Seeking Redress At The Bar Of Justice.

deeded fixed weeks being treated as float use
That's so blatant & flagrant that maybe a judge might slam down his gavel on that piece of chicanery.

Obviously, nobody can out-lawyerwhip a big-bux company. But maybe all it would take on a misdeed so clear-cut is a precedent-setting ruling from a Small Claims Court of appropriate jurisdiction -- with punitive damages & injunctive relief, naturally.

Wouldn't that be something ?

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps cuz you had your windows washed. ;)