• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WestGate contract cancellation? Help Pls

Luis87

Reaction score
Hello everybody and all the community, before hand i would like to thank all the help you guys could give me.

Right into the topic, I bought a timeshare with Westgate Resorts around Oct 2 of 2014, I know already have been more than a year, but I cant stand anymore that there is always an excuse to my questions and demands for programming my Week, always with a negative answer, and at the end I figured it out, that I have been paying more that what I would actually use with just my wife, the customer service is pretty bad, and sincerely I got tired of just paying and don't having nothing in return.

So i was searching for a way to cancel it, since I called them and the only answer they give me is that I would need to pass it to somebody else or sell it by my own means. I'm definitely not gonna pay another cent to them period, what I really wanna do now is get a proper way to cancel that contract, knowing that I might not get my money back, the only thing I have in my mind is to lose all contact and all business with that Resort, and finally all the amount of money I was paying them, just get it done with saves and build my own vacations, because it has been a nightmare :confused: with them, and the cost of maintenance just keep rising. Again thanks for all the comments and advice's you guys could give.

Regards,

Luis M

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are over a year to late to rescind. . Westgate is among the worst of the worst..people can't even give them away (even when offering to pay people to take them).

Your best bet is to learn to use what you have and get the best use and vacations you can out of it. Next best is to pay them to take it back. ...DO NOT pay anyone a upfront fee to sell it for you (usually a scam).

If you are in financial straights, you can try to go the bankruptcy route and get out of it that way, or just stop paying and accept a permanent credit hit (ruined credit ).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Luis, the sad truth is that no one here can help you. There is no magic bullet that will end your contract with Westgate. You can give it away if it's paid for- and you can find someone to give it to.

DO NOT pay anyone who says they can 'get you out' of your timeshare. They all want money up front, then disappear with your money and you still have the timeshare.

As Jason245 said above here, the best thing you can do at this stage is to learn how to use what you bought. They are nice resorts, and have little value on the resale market.

I don't think it is worth the credit score hit you would take by stopping paying. you'd be hounded by collectors, be locked out of the resort, and late fees would continue to be charged. The only way a worthless asset can be 'crammed down' is through bankruptcy, so think very carefully before you head down that path.

Good luck with your problem. We wish you'd come here within a few days of making this unwise purchase when we really could have helped, but it's a bit too late now.

We wish you well.

Jim