• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Branson Woods - Bad Experience

craftemp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although this resort is very nice (appearance wise), I would never stay there again.
My daughter and I checked in on 10/25/08 for a one week stay in a two bedroom unit. (#4211AB). The unit was nice - though not as clean as it should have been.
Several dead spiders were found in corners and along woodwork.
Killed first live spider on the first morning there - I thought it was a Brown Recluse but was not sure.
Killed another one a couple of days later and called front desk...
They asked if I wanted someone to "clean up the mess" !!
I said I thought they were Brown Recluse.. front desk tried to contact maintenence but said they had gone home for the night.. they would come spray in the morning.
After I went to bed, the phone rang at 11PM .. we were told that someone was outside of our unit - they were there to spray.
The sprayer identified the spiders as Brown Recluse (extremely poisonous)

At that point, I wanted to be moved to another unit.. front desk checked and said that they would move us to another cabin.

I said that the main building was nearly empty and I wanted to be moved there.

That required a call to the manager who approved the move

My next question was that since it was already midnight, could we just get dressed, move to the new building then go back to the unit in the morning to pick up our things.

THE ANSWER WAS NO !.. So we had to pack everything, food, clothing, purchases, etc.

By the time we got to the new unit in the main building, it was almost 2AM

IN the new unit, #1306AB, one bed had dirty sheets, there was a pill of some kind on the kitchen floor and there were slivers of glass in between the AB unit.

In the morning, I called the manager, Sherry to let her know how disappointed I was ... her offer was a FREE PIZZA and a BOTTLE OF SODA!

Not sure if I would ever stay in a Westgate again, but I KNOW that I would never go there again

When I checked out, I asked for a phone number for Westgate headquarters or an e-mail address so that I could contact them .. but was told that they did not have any information.

They referred me to member services - I went there and was told the same thing!

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Another day at Wastegate - another disappointment

As it doesn't involve sales why would they care? This iss WASTEGATE after all.

Not the usual sales nightmare mst owners/guests post but yet another way Wastegate can mess up any vacation.

(By the way - nice last name! No relation although we apparently now share a mutual dislike for anything Wastegate)

craftemp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last name

John, I like your last name too :rofl:
I think I contacted you when I first joined TUG to see if we were related.
I have a cousin John Chase in the Buffalo area ... but it turns out you are not him...

The resort was gorgeous.. but the problem was handled terribly!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
In general, since 1998 we've had two bad experiences and both have been at Westgate resorts.

The first was our very first exchange and a salesman that wouldn't take no for an answer to the "maintenance" meeting. Nothing like having someone threaten you financially to try to force you to take a sales tour. This was back in March of 2000.

The other experience was at the same resort you were at, Westgate Branson Woods. It's the only resort I've had personal belonging stolen from our unit when we were out. A digital camera, camera bag, batteries and digital media was stolen from the kitchen table when we were out during the day. The only apology was from the security guard who came around to investigate. Never heard on peep from Westgate or the resort manager. I didn't expect them to replace the stolen items but I would have appreciated a heartfelt "sorry about your loss" or something to that affect.

Needless to say, Westgate isn't our first choice when making an exchange.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Craftemp:

I hope you are submitting a review regarding your recent experience in Branson. We are considering a vacation in Branson sometime in the next 2-3 years. We are now using the TUG reviews to help us with our planning as I am sure many others here at TUGbbs are doing as well. This would really help us all. Thank you.

craftemp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Review

Yes, I have already left a review. I believe it takes a couple of days for it to post but it should show up soon (I did it last night)