• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

West Coast to Aruba

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I was very excited to have just booked Marriott Aruba Surf Club in June...then I started looking for flights and am now completely overwhelmed. I see lots of options from the East Coast but am coming from the other coast near San Francisco Bay Area. I know I'm not the first to contemplate the various flight routes with multiple stops and long duration. It seems to limit the choices greatly due to my arrival date being a Monday. I would greatly appreciate if anyone can please help put me out of my misery and suggest a couple of easy options that don't involve going to New York first.

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know all the airlines that would get you there but I'd think you'd want to look SFO through MIA then to AUA. Very long day but I know AA does that route.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
We're also on the west coast and go to Aruba regularly. We generally fly United so options are Newark, DC, and Chicago. We have to take the red eye then long layover (4-6 hours) then arrive in Aruba around 2-2:30pm the next day. American through Miami resulted in Aruba arrival a bit earlier in the afternoon. It's a miserable flight so we always go for 2 weeks :giggle:.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Try COPA airlines they go through Panama and it’s a much shorter flight. They only speak Spanish but otherwise it’s exactly like a US carrier.

lauramiddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Look at all the direct flights into and out of Aruba here then explore your best connecting flight options, maybe even planing an extended layover in one of these cities:

I'm facing a similar conundrum planning a Seattle to St Thomas route. I'm thinking of an extended layover in Ft Lauderdale to visit family may be best for us. Good luck with your plans. I think Aruba will be worth the journey.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I was very excited to have just booked Marriott Aruba Surf Club in June...then I started looking for flights and am now completely overwhelmed. I see lots of options from the East Coast but am coming from the other coast near San Francisco Bay Area. I know I'm not the first to contemplate the various flight routes with multiple stops and long duration. It seems to limit the choices greatly due to my arrival date being a Monday. I would greatly appreciate if anyone can please help put me out of my misery and suggest a couple of easy options that don't involve going to New York first.
I’d try a route through Florida, spend a night there and take a flight out the next morning. Personally, I don’t like red eye flights as it throws me off the full next day.

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
Check out some of your longest flight options. See If you can get a flight from the West Coast to one of the major Aruba connection airports, like Atl or MIA, check into an airport hotel and leave the next morning. We have a flight booked from Pittsburgh that leaves after dinner, then the Aruba leg leaves at 10 AM. We arrive in Aruba much more relaxed, not needing to get up at 3 AM to catch an early flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk