• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Went to Festiva presentation

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I had an II trade into Ellington at Wachesaw plantation east last week.
At check in they offered me $150 to go to a Festiva presentation. I immediately said no as the last time I was on a timeshare presentation was 29 years ago and I never liked the high pressure sales.

I purchased my first timeshare in 1985 from the developer at la renaissance in Atlantic city. I remember walking out telling the salesperson I never buy anything on the spot, of course being told you won't get this offer again. I then went on a few more presentations in Atlantic city and decided I wanted to have a timeshare at la Renaissance as it was on the boardwalk and went back, of course they took the business. Looking back I overpaid then . I have only gone back to Atlantic city once. With II trades I have gone on fabulous vacations making the purchase of the timeshare a bargain.

Back to Festiva....first time I ever went to Murrell inlets and ventured to myrtle beach which I loved. Only a couple of hours from home so convenient. So while on vacation I started seeking out the timeshares that were association owned and that had fixed weeks. I am trying to change my timeshare portfolio to what I actually will use. I also looked online to see what I can get for free or low cost. So I spent a day going to different timeshares to see if anything interested me and when I get back to the room another offer from Festiva, now $200 .

So my other half tells me don't you think we should go, we are looking to buy and should find out about their program. So I give in thinking I'm older and can handle this better then when I was in my 20's and he's never been to a timeshare presentation.

The next day we go to the presentation. Our appointment was 10:45, they kept us waiting until 11:05, just coffee available. The the salesman comes to get us. To my surprise he was very pleasant and professional, he was extremely good at his job. (I was a sales manager for a major high end luxury builder for many years so I know when someone is good). I told him up front I was exploring the area and will not be making a decision today, told him the true story from 30 years ago.

After about 30 minutes of the getting to know you , a group of us was taken into a room to watch and listen to a presentation from another associate. It was about an hour and what kept being said was keep an open mind, yes this costs buts keep an open mind. The presentation told us that it costs them $400 to get us in so we will get a one time offer and never will be offered it again. This whole presentation was canned and in my opinion did not do justice to the product.

After the presentation I had a few questions. Can you trade into II or Rci? I was told no just their subsidiary RTX, I was told how I would get a lifetime membership into RTX and can get last minute getaways for $49. I ask that they show me on the computer and there was nothing listed that day that I would even consider going on, so like II and Rci, a little less money but still not much to get.

I then asked what if I want to give this away in the future, will the new owner have access to RTX? The salesperson called over the manager and he had a nasty attitude ( which I actually wrote in my comment card). He started why would you talk about that? why are you making that a problem? I proceeded to tell him that most timeshares have no resale value and when I'm no longer using it I want to make sure someone would want it. If they can't trade in Rci or II and can't belong to RTX well I won't be able to give it away. Finally got an answer $298 a year for membership and that can change.

They kept telling me about the 40 year period where I can decide to walk away or extend 10 years at a time at no additional cost.

The good thing about their program is you can pull weeks from the back, pay the additional maintenance and use them.

We were then taken to see a unit even though we were staying there. The lock off unit was gorgeous which made me ask , we are in a lock off in another building and it doesn't come close to this, why? The answer was you may be in a building that isn't ours.

To me the vagueness of the RTX system bothered me as if I can't get into one of their 28 timeshares, I would have to rely on RTX. You can go online to see and it looks like from their website anyone can join , you don't have to be a Festiva member.

We didn't buy, my other half was shocked at the price point, as I was. Ultimately we purchased two resales for exact weeks we will use from an association for $500 each and closing costs. There were free ones available (including Festiva) at other timeshares but I am choosing to buy from associations that have very few available for sale and that you never see available for free. Hoping this Strategy will never let a profit company take it over.

Ultimately the Festiva presentation was tolerable, not as high pressured as years ago. I did learn about the system and it definitely is not for me. I prefer my fixed weeks.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A gentle suggestion - please click on EDIT at the bottom of your post, and add some paragraph breaks to make your post readable.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
You can join any independent exchange company for free, including RTX. I have an RTX membership and I do not own Festiva.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dumb question what is RTX and how many resort are connective to RTX?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Dumb question what is RTX and how many resort are connective to RTX?

It's an exchange company that is associated with Festiva resorts. BUT- anyone can join and exchange through them. It has free memberships and also paid memberships with a few more benefits. It's like DAE or Trading Places or Platinum Interchange or VRIety. A much smaller exchange company than RCI or II.