• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welk / Hyatt / World of Hyatt Information

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I haven't heard anything about being converted in 22. I've heard that there is a big change coming October 1 from a sales manager. But nothing about 22. And all that will happen immediately is changing the actual welk named resorts to HRC

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
We trade our Welk Escondido units with RCI and we are given about 50 tpu points for a two bedroom lock off. We have exchanged into Disney over twenty times. We usually do last minute and have exchanged for 10-12 points fir a one bedroom. To be honest the exchange to tpu has decreased from over 80 points to 48 over the last five years. Also the maintenance fees have gone from $787 to $1386 in the sane five years.

Good to know. But, to be clear for readers, my comment was referring to accessing Disney through the Platinum Program's Experiences Collection, not an RCI exchange.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
...I'd also like to see the above. The Calresorts page only seems to have the first page of the points chart. Aside from Breckenridge, it's missing the prime ski weeks for Northstar (as I assume points requirements match the prime summer weeks, but would like to see what Welk publishes).

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can accrued (banked) points be deposited into RCI/II? If yes, is the exchange restricted to reservations less than 60 days from check-in?

To exchange with II, do you book a week and then deposit it or do you deposit points like RCI?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Once points are deposited into RCI they have two years to book and RCI doesn't see them as accrued points. So same value as normal points.
II you have to book a week and then exchange it. I prefer calling owner services to do it for me with II

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Few of the resorts in Breckenridge are useable without shuttle. Stayed at Grand Timber and shuttled everywhere. Stayed at Welk - Breckenridge twice so far. And will likely go up once or twice more this year. Resort is nice but small. As you described, not much around. It Is inside the city limits though. Conveniently adjacent to the river for fishing and the bike path the goes between Frisco/Breckenridge. The COVID shutdown really had an effect on the operations; everything is still in flux. But my daughter was there a few weeks ago and said the place was packed.
It's really outside town. Where other resorts are inside the town proper (or up on Ski Hill Road). Folks can take free shuttles around town, but the shuttles don't go out to the Welk Resorts location. It's technically in Breckenridge, but a good 20 minute or more walk into the center of town

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
It's really outside town. Where other resorts are inside the town proper (or up on Ski Hill Road). Folks can take free shuttles around town, but the shuttles don't go out to the Welk Resorts location. It's technically in Breckenridge, but a good 20 minute or more walk into the center of town
The Welk resort has it’s own shuttle.

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where can I find the point chart for the welk collection?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Not much. They just launched a new website for owners but it still says Welk, which is interesting...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
The affiliate resorts or Welk resorts?

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
The affiliate resorts or Welk resorts?

I am looking for the points chart for the experience collection or affiliates.

Also still looking to have a better grasp on what the booking window is for the affiliates and your tier status effects this.
I apologize Shank that you answered this question before for me but I did not understand the answer.

I have found a couple points packages and now just need to fully grasp these last details so I can decide how big a package I am going to buy.

Thanks

auntiepen

Reaction score
El Corazon de Santa Fe).
I don’t own the Welk but we stayed at El corazon de Santa Fe (formerly fairmont resort). We love it, a small resort, no pool but great location. You can walk everywhere. I’m looking forward to book via RCI. In the past we booked via registry collection.
Thanks for this update

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
They just redid the owners site and they no longer have a listing of the affiliate resort points. The previous site, required an owner to look at each resort individually to see the point requirements. I've never been given a chart for all the affiliates.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I found it but cannot get it to come through clear. I'll message you directly

Attachments

• Experiences_Collection_Arroyo_Roble.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Here it is folks! Became VIP just for this.....
e967f8f9410c8125ac2f043fc4c088b4.jpg
53c1b3280b683ed57fbf2fe15d2bb40b.jpg
48668b61367228f3da8b129135721bfc.jpg
b9bf16a28ff5f694f1e22c1f06cfa4d1.jpg

shawiris

Reaction score
I bought resale Welk Escondido, fixed summer week and fixed unit. It shows up in my account 18 months prior to use. I am grateful I don’t have the hassles of a floating week.
[/QUOTE

HI, Can you explain how to use fixed week and fixed unit, if I can go that fixed week, can I exchange some other week?

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
Since it is fixed week and fixed unit, I can't change it to any other time. It is use it or lose it.

seaside2022

Reaction score
Interested in Welks resale. Does someone have access to see availability of the studio at Northstar, by weekday or weekend?. Wondering how far ahead would have to book to get the studio? Are there many dates available for this year or are they gone and would have to book a one bedroom?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
We don't know for certain yet

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We don't know for certain yet

My bet is that the weeks will end up with II eventually. i just don’t see it benefiting HRC.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
My bet is that the weeks will end up with II eventually. i just don’t see it benefiting HRC.
The points associated with the trust include the experience collection units (inexpensive way to build inventory). So it might not be too easy to dismiss. I suspect the units will stay in the system.