• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welk Resorts deedback program - Get rid of your unwanted Welk resorts Timeshare

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Here is the website that according to welk is the official program/system to unload your unwanted welk Timeshare:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
According to Owner Services as of 7/29/19 Welk does not offer a buyback program.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i highly doubt they are buying back anything other than the most valuable ownerships, deedback would simply be giving your ownership back to them for no money (or even having to pay yourself as an owner)

did you contact the number on the page linked above? although admittedly that looks like some 3rd party brokerage they have chosen to resell weeks and if thats the case it would certainly lead one to believe that only owners with valuable weeks would "qualify" leaving those with mud weeks swinging in the breeze.

ill make some inquiries on this.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I'll check too in the next couple days. But Welk doesn't do seasons with ownerships. They stopped selling fixed weeks several years ago and are pure points now.
The only ownership you can have with them is points. More points=longer/more stays in bigger units but theres no season or specific view or anything like that.
But you're probably right, the 3rd party prolly only ones bigger points ownerships.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Stephanie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk
They don't buy back, but they claim to take back points to simply end maintenance fees and ongoing costs. I've been attempting to use EVO to simply give back my fully-paid points but canNOT get a return call or email. There are very frustrating "receptionists" who have a script to take all kinds of info and then it never goes any further. Would love to know if you find a way to succeed in this.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its really no surprise how many folks fall for upfront fee resale/exit scammers given how frustrating it is to try to dispose of many timeshares, even using the resorts own "programs".

I find it very upsetting that they continue to advertise these as doing something to provide a way out for owners, when in actuality it seems that so many folks are not having much luck in using these programs.

I continue to report all of these instances directly to ARDA since they are the ones flying that banner website claiming to provide exit solutions for owners of all those resorts.

unfortunately the only one ive actually seen any results of my complaints on has been vistana, but its ridiculous that I have to send off a personal email every time I hear from a vistana/westin/sheraton owner who got rejected. neither I, nor my contact at ARDA should be the middleman for getting results on these exit programs.

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
They don't buy back, but they claim to take back points to simply end maintenance fees and ongoing costs. I've been attempting to use EVO to simply give back my fully-paid points but canNOT get a return call or email. There are very frustrating "receptionists" who have a script to take all kinds of info and then it never goes any further. Would love to know if you find a way to succeed in this.
Correct, they don't buy back ownership, but you can relinquish your membership for a fee (Approx $1700) I think that is a scam on their part. And supposedly they only allow a few per year. They try and make if look like only a chosen few are allowed to do so.

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I've got a question about the recent communications I received from Welk Resorts that Marriot is buying them out.
I want to sell my ownership -- would it be judicious to wait until that sale goes through?
Her is a link

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Correct, they don't buy back ownership, but you can relinquish your membership for a fee (Approx $1700) I think that is a scam on their part. And supposedly they only allow a few per year. They try and make if look like only a chosen few are allowed to do so.
$750.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I've got a question about the recent communications I received from Welk Resorts that Marriot is buying them out.
I want to sell my ownership -- would it be judicious to wait until that sale goes through?
Her is a link
Yes and no. It may be years before they try to meld Welk and Hyatt together. But when they do, there's a chance they'll allow legacy owners to get out but there's no guarantee.

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
It isn't Hyatt, it's Marriott.
Quote from newspaper is
Once the still pending sale is finalized — by early in the second quarter [2021] — Marriott says it plans to rebrand the Welk vacation resorts in California, Colorado, Missouri, New Mexico and Cabo San Lucas as Hyatt Residence Club properties. The purchase price includes roughly 1.4 million Marriott Vacations common shares.

and

expects the rebranding process to take about nine months,

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
It isn't Hyatt, it's Marriott.
Quote from newspaper is
Once the still pending sale is finalized — by early in the second quarter [2021] — Marriott says it plans to rebrand the Welk vacation resorts in California, Colorado, Missouri, New Mexico and Cabo San Lucas as Hyatt Residence Club properties. The purchase price includes roughly 1.4 million Marriott Vacations common shares.
Hyatt residence club. Hyatt, not the same thing, true. But Marriott will not be bringing Welk into their points system. There's a very long thread about it here on TUG.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
Hyatt residence club. Hyatt, not the same thing, true. But Marriott will not be bringing Welk into their points system. There's a very long thread about it here on TUG.

and, it's not Marriott either but Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corp. And agree that the rebranding will likely happen before the new program details will be fully functional.

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Bottom line for me, WHEN should I attempt to sell my Welk ownership? or does it matter?

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
It isn't Hyatt, it's Marriott

If it's not Hyatt, it's not Marriott either.

When we say Hyatt here, 99% of the time it's Hyatt Residence Club, HRC. When we say Marriott, it's not Marriott hotels, it's Marriott Vacation Club, MVC.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Bottom line for me, WHEN should I attempt to sell my Welk ownership? or does it matter?
There's a thread titles "not a good time for resale" or something like that that discussed the current climate on selling.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
Hi, if you decide to deed back your Welk points, Would this mean you have to pay them 750 usd? . Anyone experience deeding back their Welk? I really wantEd to buy Welk but at the same time would like to know what happens in the future if you won’t need it anymore. An exit strategy is important. Thanks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
info is in the top link to contact them.

guitarellie

Reaction score
Here is the website that according to welk is the official program/system to unload your unwanted welk Timeshare:

Has anyone had any experience using responsibleexit.com? I’d love to to hear your thoughts on using them! Thanks!

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Has anyone had any experience using responsibleexit.com? I’d love to to hear your thoughts on using them! Thanks!
It's basically a GIVE BACK program. You get no money. You actually have to pay them to take it back

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
responsible exit is not a company, its just a website with links to the official deedback/surrender programs run by the major developers.

ARDA owns the responsibilexit website.

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
They are NOT Welk. It is a third party, so buyer/seller beware

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They are NOT Welk. It is a third party, so buyer/seller beware
ResponsibleExit is NOT a third party. Yes, ARDA is an industry advocacy group for timeshare developers but ResponsibleExit.com is just an information page by ARDA to refer owners back to their timeshare developer to discuss their exit options.