• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WELK RESCISSION REFUND

thomaslim21

Reaction score
Hello,

I was "one of those" who walked in not thinking of buying, but ended up buying.
But after doing some research online the same night (couldn't sleep comfortably), I (very fortunately) came across this forum and realized what a mistake I had made and sent a rescission letter the very next day (thanks to all of you).

However, my concern is that I did not put the down payment on a credit card, but rather wrote them a check (I assume on a credit card they simply reverse the funds).
And now they already took the funds out of my checking account.
So my question is, will they simply send me back a check?
Or do I have to go down there to pick it up?
Do I have to contact them to figure out how?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They'll send it back by check, but first, your check will have to clear your bank, then be posted to their account. This won't happen right away, but fortunately, the law is on your side and I'm confident that eventually you will be refunded. I'd give it a week or two (after the rescission period has expired) then try calling their accounting department.

Congratulations on finding us in time and sending the rescission.

Jim

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hello,

But after doing some research online the same night (couldn't sleep comfortably), I (very fortunately) came across this forum and realized what a mistake I had made and sent a rescission letter the very next day (thanks to all of you).

However, my concern is that I did not put the down payment on a credit card, but rather wrote them a check (I assume on a credit card they simply reverse the funds).

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

They will send back to you by check. Please be patient.

Congrats on finding us in time to save thousands. Mind sharing with us how much you saved by rescinding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Good morning @thomaslim21 , we hope your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS purchase. Solely to track how much TUG have saved TS owners, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? There is no shaming, as half of tuggers have bought a developer/resort TS.