• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welk Resale

twoteamparlay

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk
Huge thank you to the community for helping new guys like me navigate the timeshare world. I ultimately decided on Welk, as I return to my hometown of San Diego often, Sun-Thurs, and will enjoy the Four Seasons collections. I am having fun learning about how to maximize my timeshare for me and my family and am happy with my purchase so far.

I am interested in the Disney locations. To book those, I need to have "developer" points so to speak. I have two contracts. Can I pay a fee to combine those contracts into one and make those "developer points"? When I just had the one contract they offered to "upgrade" me to a "platinum member"at a cost of around 10k. It was a hard pass then, but if I can combine them, save the extra maintenance fee on that second contract, and have one contract with all the points in there, I would probably do it? I have 750k on one contract and 780k on the other.

What do you guys think? Anybody with and advise or experience dealing with Welk in this capacity?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I've only heard of them combining deeded week contracts and only heard of that once.
Yes, you have to have developer points to trade directly through to the three Disney resorts through the Collections.
SSR is almost always available through RCI for half the points it costs through the Collections. I've seen two bedroom SSR, two bedroom OKW, and once for a few days, a 1BR Boulder Ridge.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

twoteamparlay

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk
I've only heard of them combining deeded week contracts and only heard of that once.
Yes, you have to have developer points to trade directly through to the three Disney resorts through the Collections.
SSR is almost always available through RCI for half the points it costs through the Collections. I've seen two bedroom SSR, two bedroom OKW, and once for a few days, a 1BR Boulder Ridge.

Thanks for the reply, I've read alot of your posts regarding Welk ownership. Your right, SSR had a handful of dates and was indeed cheaper than going through Welk. What I really had my eye on was Aulani. Might as well attend an ownership meeting, tell em what I own, and see how they can fill the next couple hours trying to up sell me and the 1.5M points I have lol.

Bit off topic, but do you know if we are allowed to rent the collection resorts or is it strictly Welk properties?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Yeah, just call up owner services and tell them you'd like to schedule an owner update. I'm not sure about the other locations but in Branson they'll give you 2-3 free nights in a L1BR.

The problem with Aulani is you have to be platinum select I believe. All developer purchasers are "platinum owners" but you have to be premiere for Boardwalk and SSR and Select or higher for Aulani. That's A LOT of money and I can't imagine they let you get to the select level without paying at least $50-75k....

In my opinion the perks aren't really worth it. Welk and the Collections tend to have plenty of availability even just a couple months out. The other legit perk to me is the discounted last minute bookings.

I am renting out a week at Falcon point over Christmas. But technically I got a guest certificate for a friend. Im not renting it through Welk.View attachment Tiered Benefits.pdf

Mpal

Reaction score
How do the discounted last minute bookings work? I'm new to welk ownership

Guitarmom

Reaction score
If you are a Platinum Premiere/Select/Elite or Pinnacle (PSEP) owner, you can save points on last minute bookings. (I'm going to assume that you bought your 750K and 780K points on the resale market, otherwise you would be a PSEP owner. Correct?)

The benefits get better the higher you climb the PSEP ladder. We are Select owners, so I'll outline what benefits I get. If I book a week that is less than 45 days away, I get the room at 20% discount. I see this lower point usage right on the Owner's Lounge website. For example, if I want a small Mountain Villa, the normal 120,000 point displays in the normal black font, but the "120,000" is crossed out and "96,000" displays in red. So if I book that week, it only costs me 96,000 points.

My memory of the sales pitch—I mean Owner's Update—is that an Elite owner has a 60-day discount window and gets a 30% discount on points. The Pinnacle owners get an even better discount and booking window. And I think that you'd be Pinnacle if you combined your two contracts. You'd also save about $600/year in Maintenance Fees.

All the Welk literature states that only people who buy points through the developer (i.e. Welk) get the PSEP benefits. But if you search my posts, you'll see that they offered to upgrade our resale contracts to developer points. The big question is whether they'll upgrade resale Platinum Points to developer Platinum Points. I've not seen that reported to date on TUG.

CindyinSD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk points
Huge thank you to the community for helping new guys like me navigate the timeshare world. I ultimately decided on Welk, as I return to my hometown of San Diego often, Sun-Thurs, and will enjoy the Four Seasons collections. I am having fun learning about how to maximize my timeshare for me and my family and am happy with my purchase so far.

I am interested in the Disney locations. To book those, I need to have "developer" points so to speak. I have two contracts. Can I pay a fee to combine those contracts into one and make those "developer points"? When I just had the one contract they offered to "upgrade" me to a "platinum member"at a cost of around 10k. It was a hard pass then, but if I can combine them, save the extra maintenance fee on that second contract, and have one contract with all the points in there, I would probably do it? I have 750k on one contract and 780k on the other.

What do you guys think? Anybody with and advise or experience dealing with Welk in this capacity?

we own 540,000 resale points. we were recently offered the opportunity to upgrade to developer points by purchasing an additional 60,000 points for $10,000 or 90,000 points for $15,000. they would then combine all my points into one deed and they would all be considered developer points.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
Hi thinking about going into Welk resorts. what is the restrictions of buying resale platinum points? I can see you cannot book Disney resorts above, what about Four seasons etc? Would there be an exchange fee in booking resorts outside of the Welk Family ? Thanks