• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welk Called AGAIN

Guitarmom

Reaction score
I'm making it my mission to inform Tuggers about Welk's latest and not-so-greatest offers to owners.

In prior threads, I've posted about the newest Welk Owner's Update: The Welk Discount Travel Network. Bottom line: for $4,000 I can sell my deed back to Welk and join their Discount Travel Network to save $40/night on hotel rooms. We declined their offer.

Tonight, however, Welk called me back "as a courtesy" to check up on "Butch" (not his real name) and to see if I had any questions about the program. New Guy asked if Butch had been polite and clear. I responded that my biggest problem had been that Butch wouldn't listen to anything we said; he just kept going through his canned pitch.

@Colt Seaver, I used your line (from a previous thread) saying that I didn't appreciate that when we bought they told us how wonderful the Welk amenities are, but now they tell us how awful and burdensome they are. I told New Guy that I didn't appreciate that they want me to spend $4,000 to give them back my deed so that they can turn around and re-sell my deed for $40,000. He ignored that and, while polite, mentioned that a lot of people are quite anxious to get rid of their deeds.

New Guy repeatedly stated that he's happy that we love our ownership at Welk. I repeated that I didn't appreciate that they want me to pay them so they can make $40,000 from my deed. New Guy said that he would close the books on this offer to us.

I hope he meant it.

Last edited:

kofori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prospective new Welk Owner

I just purchased 300,000 Welk points from the resale market and hope am not in for the "harassment " you endured. If what l have read about points ownership over deeded ownership is right, then l should be ok (l hope). Please correct me if am mistaken.
Thanks.