• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Weird Wyndham Question

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Trying to book a last minute getaway at Bonnet Creek using as little points as possible and running into a problem. One of the nights that we are there (Sunday) the only thing available is a 1 BR presidential. We have a regular 1 BR the other nights. We really don't want to change rooms but may take this and tell the front desk to trade our presidential for one of the 25 single night one BR stays that night.

Hubby is mixed on this as he is adamant about not moving but I think the chance is pretty good that we will not have to.

Thoughts, opinion????

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Trying to book a last minute getaway at Bonnet Creek using as little points as possible and running into a problem. One of the nights that we are there (Sunday) the only thing available is a 1 BR presidential. We have a regular 1 BR the other nights. We really don't want to change rooms but may take this and tell the front desk to trade our presidential for one of the 25 single night one BR stays that night.

Hubby is mixed on this as he is adamant about not moving but I think the chance is pretty good that we will not have to.

Thoughts, opinion????

In one of reservations at Smokey Mountain, Wyndham said they would not let you stay in one the whole time in a similar situation. In fact, what happened was once checked in it was permitted by the Resort in the bigger unit.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thoughts, opinion????

Im confused if they have 25 one bedrooms for that night, why not book one of them now??

On a recent last minute visit to Bonnet Creek, I had a 2 bedroom for two nights and a 1 bedroom for one night.. I asked at the desk for a downgrade to 0ne bedroom for all three nights, so we wouldnt have to move....They gave me an upgrade to 2 bedrooms for all 3 nights...Just ask..you probably get what you want...or more

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
We really don't want to change rooms but may take this and tell the front desk to trade our presidential for one of the 25 single night one BR stays that night.

Thoughts, opinion????

I am confused. If there are 25 single night stays available in a 1 BR, why not book one of them instead of the Presidential? I think that there is a better chance of not moving if it is the same room type.

There is a good chance you won't have to change units, but it is always a chance. Out of the many Wyndham bookings we have done, we have about a 98% success rate of keeping the same room. However, at least twice we had to do the move, even though it was the same room type/size. On the other hand, there were a couple times when the change would have been downsizing and we were allowed to stay in the original bigger unit.

Hope it works out for you.

Lisa from PA

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Don't think I worded it correctly. According to the person I spoke to today at Wyndham there are currently twenty something single night stays already booked (to others) into 1 BR deluxe units for the night that I need so according to her there is an excellent likelihood that the resort can just flip one of those into the unit I have booked upon check-in.

I would love to get the presidential for all the nights but thinking that will not happen. :D

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't think I worded it correctly. According to the person I spoke to today at Wyndham there are currently twenty something single night stays already booked (to others) into 1 BR deluxe units for the night that I need so according to her there is an excellent likelihood that the resort can just flip one of those into the unit I have booked upon check-in.

I would love to get the presidential for all the nights but thinking that will not happen. :D

now I understand

I would bet that they will downgrade that presidential if you ask...and maybe upgrade...just ask...

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Thanks. Hopefully it will work out to our advantage because if it doesn't and we have to change rooms twice hubby will never let me hear the end of it.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt an onsite upgrade to a 1 bedroom presidential will happen. There are not too many of those.

I am surprised there are no 1 bedroom deluxe units available.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Easy fix. If you do not have to move he buys you dinner. If you have to move, you buy him dinner.

If life were only that simple. Actually they both work out for me since I don't work its all "his" money.
:hysterical:

Pardytime

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, Wyndham
We are arriving at Bonnet Creek on Friday, and due to changes in plans we have two single consecutive bookings (1 night each, same type of unit). Is it productive to contact Wyndham a day or two prior to arrival to find out if they will combine these so we don't have to move, or is it something that can only be determined upon arrival?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
We are arriving at Bonnet Creek on Friday, and due to changes in plans we have two single consecutive bookings (1 night each, same type of unit). Is it productive to contact Wyndham a day or two prior to arrival to find out if they will combine these so we don't have to move, or is it something that can only be determined upon arrival?

I would definitely call the resort today and ask if they can keep you in the same room. Then, if they can do that, once you get back call Wyndham and ask to have your housekeeping credits from the second reservation credited back to your account (they will have to call the resort to verify that you stayed in the same room).

Last edited:

Pardytime

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, Wyndham
Housekeeping credits

Thanks, and especially for the suggestion about housekeeping credits. I could sure use some more this year.
:)

New2time

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
How is it that TUG members have these 1 or 2 night reservations? I thought you had to book a minimum of 3 nights with Wyndham?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
How is it that TUG members have these 1 or 2 night reservations? I thought you had to book a minimum of 3 nights with Wyndham?

It is not just TUGS members (however, I think it would be a very nice gester by Wyndham Vacation Resorts to give special positive things to TUGS members) (Maybe Brian should get on the horn and arrange this). The closer the date of the reservation is to the date of booking the reservation, the less number of days need to be used. The rules of 3 nights goes away the closer the dates get.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The rules are:

In Prime season, for Standard window reservations, you must reserve a (combination of) 3, 4, or 7 night stay(s), starting or ending on a valid check-in day. In all other seasons, or within the Express window, you just need a two night minimum.

What's more, if a single night is "orphaned", it can be booked as a single night, subject to the Prime/Standard constraint. For example, suppose Saturday is the only check-in day at the resort. If someone books a Sat->Tue three night stay, and someone else books a Wed->Sat three night stay, the Tue->Wed night can be booked as a single night stay.

New2time

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
How does one find these "orphaned" days?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
How does one find these "orphaned" days?

You just have to search for a reservation of 1 day in length at a particular resort.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
The orphaned day also occurs when someone is booming a 5 or 6 night stay.

Also my original problem solved itself today when a 1 BR opened up for the Sunday night. :)

sinclair

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience is that you have to make your reservations nationally. Once you've done so, the local Wyndhams will accommodate your requests if they can do it. Call ahead and also request when you get there. Things change every day.