• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Weighted blanket

geekette

Reaction score
My sister sent me one for Christmas. I didn't know a lot about them, but now I am convinced there is some narcolepsy-inducing agent in it. I am falling asleep faster, staying asleep, waking well rested, less overall pain that I've been living with in various body parts. I'd been having a lot of serious leg cramping right before I got it and thought, this will be worse, it'll shove my toes down and cause calf cramps... but not one instance of night leg cramps since I started using it.

I'd thought, I'll use it on the couch as a throw.... then I found out it puts me to sleep Fast and so it'll stay on my bed (I don't appreciate Accidental Naps).

The Fast Sleep is a major bonus for me, as migraine days are awful, and once the puking is over, I need sleep, and I get there fast. I feel like I have a new tool in the box for insufferable days.

While I would generally be skeptical of things like this, I am a believer. I very much like being able to roll the weight around and put pressure where I want it and become completely comfortable. this one has some kind of temperature regulator to it (how?) and I don't get cold nor overwarm so I guess that works, also. The cover can be removed and washed (extra bonus points)

Just thought I'd put this out there in case someone has trouble sleeping. If you think you've tried everything, maybe this is finally the thing that does it.

I'm no scientist, I can't tell you why it works. I can't say it will work for you. I only know that it definitely works for me.

geekette

Reaction score
great info in that link! thanks!

My blankie is too heavy for me, apparently, at 18 pounds while I am about 130.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Wow. This might be worth a try for me as well. I have such a hard time sleeping. It is seems kind of like having the relaxing pressure of a massage.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This would be awesome if it would help me fall asleep and stay asleep. Since I barely use a sheet to cover myself, it won't help me :(

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
My sister sent me one for Christmas. I didn't know a lot about them, but now I am convinced there is some narcolepsy-inducing agent in it. I am falling asleep faster, staying asleep, waking well rested, less overall pain that I've been living with in various body parts. I'd been having a lot of serious leg cramping right before I got it and thought, this will be worse, it'll shove my toes down and cause calf cramps... but not one instance of night leg cramps since I started using it.

I'd thought, I'll use it on the couch as a throw.... then I found out it puts me to sleep Fast and so it'll stay on my bed (I don't appreciate Accidental Naps).

The Fast Sleep is a major bonus for me, as migraine days are awful, and once the puking is over, I need sleep, and I get there fast. I feel like I have a new tool in the box for insufferable days.

While I would generally be skeptical of things like this, I am a believer. I very much like being able to roll the weight around and put pressure where I want it and become completely comfortable. this one has some kind of temperature regulator to it (how?) and I don't get cold nor overwarm so I guess that works, also. The cover can be removed and washed (extra bonus points)

Just thought I'd put this out there in case someone has trouble sleeping. If you think you've tried everything, maybe this is finally the thing that does it.

I'm no scientist, I can't tell you why it works. I can't say it will work for you. I only know that it definitely works for me.
I have Restless Leg Syndrome and REM Sleep Disorder. My daughter had started using a weighted blanket to help with anxiety and recommended I try one for my issues. I would act out my dreams while sleeping causing me to kick, flail my arms, talk and yell out in my sleep. I’m on a very low dose of medication for RLS which helped a little but I would still wake myself or DW often. The weighted blanket helps tremendously. I have a 20lb blanket (I’m 215lbs) and I try to take it with me when we travel. If I don’t have it, I don’t sleep nearly as well.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
My husband gave me one for Christmas. L-O-V-E it! Yes, better sleep indeed.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I got my daughter one from Costco because she has difficulty sleeping but it was a no go for her.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We bought one for our granddaughter for Christmas. Haven't heard if she likes it or not.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
they are part of the daily deals on Amazon today, FYI.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I got my daughter one from Costco because she has difficulty sleeping but it was a no go for her.
FWIW, mine is also a Pendleton, the brand that was sold at Costco just before the holiday period. It took me about 2 weeks of adjustment to reach harmony with the blanket. Eventually, I discovered that the best placement, for me, was lengthwise across the bed (like a throw) covering the space between my shoulders and calves. (I really enjoy the weight on my hips and shoulders ... but dislike the feeling of weight on my feet.)

Encourage her to keep playing with the blanket in different configurations including partial covering?

Aside, I wonder if these are better suited to different sleep styles? I'm a side sleeper and enjoy the hugged/tucked-in feeling the weighted blanket provides along my back.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
My teenage nephew asked for an additional one for Xmas because he loves it so much. Has always been a restless/anxiety sleeper, it seems to have helped him tremendously.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I have one in my closet. I believe it works but have a bed partner that doesn’t want it anywhere near him in a queen size bed. It’s queen size so I will have to wait to try it once we are home in the Cal king. Sigh 9 months to go.

I did feel it helped.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I have one in my closet. I believe it works but have a bed partner that doesn’t want it anywhere near him in a queen size bed. It’s queen size so I will have to wait to try it once we are home in the Cal king. Sigh 9 months to go.

I did feel it helped.
DW doesn’t want one either. Luckily, we have a king size bed and I’m able to fold one edge over a little so it doesn’t bother her. It is a pain in the butt when making the bed but it’s great for sleeping.