• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Weeks billing problem - this should be fun

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I picked up today's mail, and found my bill for my Avenue Plaza unit. Then a little further down I found a second bill in my name for an Avenue Plaza unit that I don't own. I've never owned a second unit there.

I'm wondering how long it will take to get this straightened out once I can call on Monday morning......

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I picked up today's mail, and found my bill for my Avenue Plaza unit. Then a little further down I found a second bill in my name for an Avenue Plaza unit that I don't own. I've never owned a second unit there.

I'm wondering how long it will take to get this straightened out once I can call on Monday morning......

Just go ahead and pay it Scott, Its probably one of mine

thanks

Nevermind, just checked the mail and got all mine

damn

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just go ahead and pay it Scott, Its probably one of mine

thanks

Nevermind, just checked the mail and got all mine

damn

If it were a studio or an event week I might be inclined to do so, but....

:)

It's funny, over the summer I got an extra proxy ballot and I actually called the resort to ask about it. The resort manager couldn't figure it out, and said it must have just been sent by mistake.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it were a studio or an event week I might be inclined to do so, but....

:)

It's funny, over the summer I got an extra proxy ballot and I actually called the resort to ask about it. The resort manager couldn't figure it out, and said it must have just been sent by mistake.

so ... same mistake.. this time with the bill... our friends at the call center will be able to tell you something.

Give them the account number or weeks and unit number and they will be able to tell you if you own it or not

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so ... same mistake.. this time with the bill... our friends at the call center will be able to tell you something.

Give them the account number or weeks and unit number and they will be able to tell you if you own it or not

Well, I've stumped them for now. Financial services transferred me to title. Title states they are showing my name as an owner (spelled Scot instead of Scott), and another co-owner named Diane at my same address. I don't know anyone named Diane. They've submitted a research request to see where the information on the account came from, and said it will take about 48 hours.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As of today, they are still "researching"; so much for the 48 hours.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just stalling so they can "get" you for the $100 late fee on Dec 1.

If this is a Fixed/Float Week .. what does the resort's front desk say? You be surprised as the older resorts are very skilled at looking at the OLDER computer system that is NOT part of the points computer system.

I would bet you doppler-gang similarly named "Scot" forget to change his address, forgot to pay his & wife's MFs, a Wyndham clerk went looking and FOUND YOU ... changing the billing address to YOU. Clerk's problem solved; your problem started.

I have lots of people with my exact name ... but my best defense is 35+ years at the SAME post office box as my ONLY address in a very small town.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just stalling so they can "get" you for the $100 late fee on Dec 1.

If this is a Fixed/Float Week .. what does the resort's front desk say? You be surprised as the older resorts are very skilled at looking at the OLDER computer system that is NOT part of the points computer system.

I would bet you doppler-gang similarly named "Scot" forget to change his address, forgot to pay his & wife's MFs, a Wyndham clerk went looking and FOUND YOU ... changing the billing address to YOU. Clerk's problem solved; your problem started.

I have lots of people with my exact name ... but my best defense is 35+ years at the SAME post office box as my ONLY address in a very small town.

It's at Avenue Plaza; I haven't called the resort, I started with financial services once I got the bill. They said "Oh, so you no longer own the week?", to which I replied "I've never owned the week".

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, it seems like I resolved this today. I called in to check on it because I hadn't heard anything for two weeks.

The title rep said they had talked to me, I told them I knew I owned it, and I was going to send them a copy of my drivers license to confirm my address so they could send me a copy of the deed. We had a lot of back-and-forth where he was insisting that I had owned it since 1997 and there was nothing in the file indicating any transfer of ownership. :doh:

The title person started referring to the phone number they had called (which wasn't the phone number I had just given to verify my account) and the address on the deed (which wasn't my address that I had just used to verify my account), and saying they could send me a copy and I could research how it had gotten in to my name. I think a light finally clicked on, and he asked for my middle initial. When I gave him that, it was different than the one on the deed. The first name was also Scot instead of Scott.

I started googling at that point, and it turns out there is someone with a similar name that lives about 20 miles from me and also apparently owns at AVP. He had moved in early 2015, and I'm guessing mail from Wyndham to him got returned. They must have gone looking for a new address, found my account info, and associated the unit to my address because Scot M. and Scott A. are obviously the same. :rolleyes:

Last edited: