• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website update?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
What I'm wondering now is if the flag on a resale account isn't connected to what we see on the website. The only resale limitations (no Club Pass, no Plus Partners, resale not contributing to VIP status) are all things that require human intervention - Plus Partners requires calling, Club Pass requires calling. The only thing that impacts something that can be done online is RCI nightly stays, but I'm not sure how that information (that it's a non Plus Partners account) is handed off to RCI.

I need to go look at the field data in the code on the Resorts search web page and see what I see. That will answer this question at least in part. Now that I think about it you're probably right - the resale data isn't being exposed as part of the membership type - which explains why you're seeing Club Pass resorts. I'm guessing they have field data indicating membership type - and aren't actually looking at the contract types for this filter - but that's just a guess. I don't have a resale only account - so I won't be able to repro your reported issue myself.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
@HitchHiker71 I'm seeing an issue with general search results (from the "explore resorts"/map search) where the accessibility filter is not working. I looked at the Clearwater availability calendar and saw that while there were no non-accessible units available for February 14-17, 2022, there are two available units when I include accessible units. I then tried to replicate these results using the location search, and my initial search for 2/14-17/2022 brings up no results for Clearwater (as expected, as I can't set the accessibility filter until I've started a search) and 6 nearby (Orlando) results. Then I ticked the "include accessible suites" box, clicked the button, and was returned "no results found." If I go back into the dates, keep them the same, and click "done," it brings up my original 6 results for Orlando - even though the filter tab now says "Filter (2)" suggesting both the ownership type and accessibility filters are set. However, if I actually click on the filter tab, the accessibility filter is not set, only the "only show what I can book" filter.

Although I initially ran across this where a successful search required allowing accessible units, it does seem to be an issue with any search using the accessible units filter.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will also add that people on Facebook are very confused by the new filter message. :LOL: It is just as confusing to them as the message that used to (still) appear with regard to the Pigeon Forge MVC, but now it appears on the top of every search. Because the message is appearing, they think that there are results they're not seeing because of their vacation type, even if in that particular search they're seeing everything in their search radius, rather than simply an indication that the filter is turned on just in case it's needed. That's why I was noodling around with Clearwater searches - someone thought the message was an indication of why she didn't get any results for Clearwater, when the reality was that there was simply no availability for her dates 4 months out (based on the availability calendar).

Is there a way for Wyndham to only show that message if the filter has actively suppressed a result?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Edit: Also, Margaritaville doesn't show up for me on dates outside my window regardless of whether I have the filter checked (which I think is how it worked before anyway). So I wonder what the filter is actually filtering. It appears the only difference is that when I don't choose dates, when the filter is off I can see the Pigeon Forge MVC. When the filter is on, I can't.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
@HitchHiker71 I'm seeing an issue with general search results (from the "explore resorts"/map search) where the accessibility filter is not working. I looked at the Clearwater availability calendar and saw that while there were no non-accessible units available for February 14-17, 2022, there are two available units when I include accessible units. I then tried to replicate these results using the location search, and my initial search for 2/14-17/2022 brings up no results for Clearwater (as expected, as I can't set the accessibility filter until I've started a search) and 6 nearby (Orlando) results. Then I ticked the "include accessible suites" box, clicked the button, and was returned "no results found." If I go back into the dates, keep them the same, and click "done," it brings up my original 6 results for Orlando - even though the filter tab now says "Filter (2)" suggesting both the ownership type and accessibility filters are set. However, if I actually click on the filter tab, the accessibility filter is not set, only the "only show what I can book" filter.

Although I initially ran across this where a successful search required allowing accessible units, it does seem to be an issue with any search using the accessible units filter.

Got it - let me see if I can repro this same issue - if so we'll report it for follow up.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I will also add that people on Facebook are very confused by the new filter message. :LOL: It is just as confusing to them as the message that used to (still) appear with regard to the Pigeon Forge MVC, but now it appears on the top of every search. Because the message is appearing, they think that there are results they're not seeing because of their vacation type, even if in that particular search they're seeing everything in their search radius, rather than simply an indication that the filter is turned on just in case it's needed. That's why I was noodling around with Clearwater searches - someone thought the message was an indication of why she didn't get any results for Clearwater, when the reality was that there was simply no availability for her dates 4 months out (based on the availability calendar).

Is there a way for Wyndham to only show that message if the filter has actively suppressed a result?

We can add this as an enhancement request.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Another thing to add:
when searching flexible resorts on safari for ipad if you expand the resorts on alternative days it briefly shows then disappears. the flexibility feature is currently worthless to use- have not tried other devices To replicate

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another thing to add:
when searching flexible resorts on safari for ipad if you expand the resorts on alternative days it briefly shows then disappears. the flexibility feature is currently worthless to use- have not tried other devices To replicate
I noticed this on my iPhone, and your post prompted me to try it on my laptop (Windows 10, Chrome) - same behavior as you described. It will show the exact date results, but the + signs on the flexible date options will not stay expanded to show the alternate results.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Any idea what they were trying to accomplish with the enhancements to the search? Thanks @paxsarah for all the details. Thanks @HitchHiker71 for the follow-up. Even before the last enhancement, the option to 'include accessibility suites' was sometimes (but not always) in the filter popup.
Now you see it:
1618859730884.png

Now you don't:
1618858875912.png

Now, noticeably more issues with the search. Even how I was entering search criteria seems different. I can be retrained, but frustrating. I used to be able to type Star Island kiss (or kiss for any of the resorts in that area) and they'd pull up. Not so easy anymore. Instead of pulling up Star Island, it's 3rd in the list. HUH? And in the 2nd screenshot, the message twice on the same page :-( I'm not sure what we gained, feels like it got messier.

1618858764652.png
1618858709997.png

And I think I'm repeating (or confirmed) what @paxsarah was saying. I can search for something in pompano and get no results, but go into a specific resort, and there are rooms available.

So going on a year, continuing to learn different workarounds. Doesn't mean we are happy, just means we found a way to do what we need :-(

troy12n

Reaction score
Any idea what they were trying to accomplish with the enhancements to the search? Thanks @paxsarah for all the details. Thanks @HitchHiker71 for the follow-up. Even before the last enhancement, the option to 'include accessibility suites' was sometimes (but not always) in the filter popup.

I had assumed that if the checkbox for accessible suites was not present, that meant that the resort didn't have any accessible suites. I noticed this only at a couple older resorts like Lake Lure and New Bern... or at associate resorts which they may not have influence over getting one.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I had assumed that if the checkbox for accessible suites was not present, that meant that the resort didn't have any accessible suites. I noticed this only at a couple older resorts like Lake Lure and New Bern... or at associate resorts which they may not have influence over getting one.
I thought that as well, but don't think so. It seems hit or miss for me. Here's a search for Bonnet Creek (which for sure has accessible units) in the search bar (but note it brings up 18 resorts), thinking maybe it has to be with the number of resorts it's searching:
1618864351662.png

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In the only function I actually see the "resorts I can book" filter actually performing - that is, toggling display of the Pigeon Forge Margaritaville in no-date results - I see a discrepancy between how my laptop displays vs. my phone.

On my laptop, the search results with the filter off clearly show that I can't book the Margaritaville ("resort unavailable for your membership"):
pigeon forge laptop.png

On my phone, although the result displays slightly differently than that of the other Sevierville locations, it offers me the availability calendar and does not tell me it's not available for my membership type. If I click through to the resort page, if I scroll down it will tell me "Unable to book," and if I try to click on the availability calendar, it tells me "Something unexpected just happened," but it doesn't mention the membership type limitation on the initial results page.
Pigeon forge phone.PNG

Interestingly, if I turn my phone to landscape mode, it displays the "resort unavailable for your membership" message I get on my laptop (but otherwise makes the page janky and almost unusable). It seems the message is important enough to force to appear regardless of the screen real estate one is using.

meetseti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another oddity: If I search for Kauai, the first result on the list is Waikiki Beach Walk — not even the correct island! To get the actual Kauai resorts, I have to re-sort the results by distance instead of popularity.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 8.29.49 AM.png

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It would help if instead of focusing on having a pretty sales tool they gave us an actual functional website for owners like we pay them to deliver. Oh wait, we had one but it was designed for owners use not to promote sales. Conflict of interests much?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would help if instead of focusing on having a pretty sales tool they gave us an actual functional website for owners like we pay them to deliver. Oh wait, we had one but it was designed for owners use not to promote sales. Conflict of interests much?
I hope they don't screw up the Worldmark site.

troy12n

Reaction score
I hope they don't screw up the Worldmark site.

Well, no doubt they probably will, eventually. I will say, the RCI site has gotten better lately. When it works. Seems pretty buggy but is better than it used to be, when it works

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yeah, I really don't know what they were trying to accomplish. Sure didn't deliver anything worthwhile, as far as I'm concerned. And have deprecated the search functionality. Almost have to go in to a specific resort and double-check it's availability (if it didn't come up in your original search). SMH

VacayKat

Reaction score
Another oddity: If I search for Kauai, the first result on the list is Waikiki Beach Walk — not even the correct island! To get the actual Kauai resorts, I have to re-sort the results by distance instead of popularity.

View attachment 34681
For this one (it irritated me too) I assume it has to do with the default distance from entered location.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Yeah, I really don't know what they were trying to accomplish. Sure didn't deliver anything worthwhile, as far as I'm concerned. And have deprecated the search functionality. Almost have to go in to a specific resort and double-check it's availability (if it didn't come up in your original search). SMH

There's definitely been some wonkiness when using anything other than the calendar view for availability. I tend to use the monthly calendar view for pretty much all of my searches - so I don't tend to notice if the other search functions are or are not working. That said - I did some searches via the Dashboard search function and noticed that when enabling the accessible units function - I did not get the same results compared to the monthly calendar view.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Now you see it:
View attachment 34671
Now you don't:
View attachment 34668

Now, noticeably more issues with the search. Even how I was entering search criteria seems different. I can be retrained, but frustrating. I used to be able to type Star Island kiss (or kiss for any of the resorts in that area) and they'd pull up. Not so easy anymore. Instead of pulling up Star Island, it's 3rd in the list. HUH? And in the 2nd screenshot, the message twice on the same page :-( I'm not sure what we gained, feels like it got messier.

View attachment 34667View attachment 34666

And I think I'm repeating (or confirmed) what @paxsarah was saying. I can search for something in pompano and get no results, but go into a specific resort, and there are rooms available.

So going on a year, continuing to learn different workarounds. Doesn't mean we are happy, just means we found a way to do what we need :-(

I just submitted the reported issue to our DT PM contact for evaluation after repro'ing the issue myself. I also asked for the reasoning behind the recent search engine updates. I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

troy12n

Reaction score
I just submitted the reported issue to our DT PM contact for evaluation after repro'ing the issue myself. I also asked for the reasoning behind the recent search engine updates. I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

Some of these changes seem like "change, for change's sake"... and at least from my perspective, this seems really strange when there are still so many UI issues which could be made to add back functionality or usability enhancements which are more important just to make it at least as usable as it was until the website was redesigned last year.

I also don't know if this development is done in-house, or if it's driven by consultants or contractors who are just looking for more money on "change requests"... I work in corporate IT so I know how these things sometimes go

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Some of these changes seem like "change, for change's sake"... and at least from my perspective, this seems really strange when there are still so many UI issues which could be made to add back functionality or usability enhancements which are more important just to make it at least as usable as it was until the website was redesigned last year.

I also don't know if this development is done in-house, or if it's driven by consultants or contractors who are just looking for more money on "change requests"... I work in corporate IT so I know how these things sometimes go

One very important item to keep in mind - feature enhancements and bug fixes are directly correlated to volume of feedback. Just because a few folks here on TUG think something that isn't around any longer was important - doesn't mean it actually was to the vast majority of owners. Most of the Wyndham TUG regular users are not "normal" owners in most respects (myself included). We are an odd bunch, at least a solid subset of us are a mix of megarenters, power owners (users), etc. We are outliers in many respects - and we need to keep this in mind. I run into this even with some of my own bug reports or enhancement requests - Wyndham isn't hearing anything from the website feedback mechanism about most of what is reported here. One of the primary tenants of agile development is that it is user feedback driven - meaning the developers, at least in theory, work on the bugs and features that generate the most feedback. With this in mind, if we're, all of us, not constantly providing the same feedback via the website mechanism - then it is very likely nothing will ever be done about the problems we see. Sure, what @Richelle and I do helps - but we are only two people (who happen to also be owners), so our impact is limited, especially considering this isn't our day job. :cool:

VacayKat

Reaction score
One very important item to keep in mind - feature enhancements and bug fixes are directly correlated to volume of feedback. Just because a few folks here on TUG think something that isn't around any longer was important - doesn't mean it actually was to the vast majority of owners. Most of the Wyndham TUG regular users are not "normal" owners in most respects (myself included). We are an odd bunch, at least a solid subset of us are a mix of megarenters, power owners (users), etc. We are outliers in many respects - and we need to keep this in mind. I run into this even with some of my own bug reports or enhancement requests - Wyndham isn't hearing anything from the website feedback mechanism about most of what is reported here. One of the primary tenants of agile development is that it is user feedback driven - meaning the developers, at least in theory, work on the bugs and features that generate the most feedback. With this in mind, if we're, all of us, not constantly providing the same feedback via the website mechanism - then it is very likely nothing will ever be done about the problems we see. Sure, what @Richelle and I do helps - but we are only two people (who happen to also be owners), so our impact is limited, especially considering this isn't our day job. :cool:
This is why I continue to report the same thing until it changes... via feedback on the web, to every agent I talk to etc.. In my experience, the only way to get a huge corp to change is to continually remind them about it.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think a lot of people (based on FB, at least) were confused by the message that came up when searching in TN regarding the Pigeon Forge Margaritaville, so it's possible they thought that providing users with the ability to toggle a filter and an explanatory message would be...less confusing? And yet, it's just as confusing but now appears on every search (instead of just TN).

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Reviewing this Thread causes me to feel dread. Wyndham is supposedly rewriting or upgrading the Worldmarktheclub Web Page. Who knows where it will end up and how well it will work. The current system was fine.