• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website update?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
This is why I continue to report the same thing until it changes... via feedback on the web, to every agent I talk to etc.. In my experience, the only way to get a huge corp to change is to continually remind them about it.

As do I - whenever I get that website feedback pop-up - I always say yes - and reiterate any issue I know has come up that is still outstanding - so there's one more "vote" for that particular issue somewhere. :cool:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I think a lot of people (based on FB, at least) were confused by the message that came up when searching in TN regarding the Pigeon Forge Margaritaville, so it's possible they thought that providing users with the ability to toggle a filter and an explanatory message would be...less confusing? And yet, it's just as confusing but now appears on every search (instead of just TN).

The biggest issue I've seen on the FB groups is that most people are making the assumption that the message only appears when something is being actively filtered out - when in reality it's just a static message that appears or doesn't appear based upon the filter selection. I happened to notice that the message appeared even before entering any search criteria - which immediately made me think it's not tied to search criteria - but I'm not "normal" (per my post above), I'm an outlier, and I work in IT so I'm more familiar with website development than most, and in particular how to track enhancements and bugs - it's part of my actual job these days. For most folks - noticing little details like this would just sail right over their heads, as it should unless they are techies and are used to analyzing how websites work.

I also wonder aloud if this new feature is the precursor to other future changes to ownership - but then again I can tend to be a born skeptic in some respects. :)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Reviewing this Thread causes me to feel dread. Wyndham is supposedly rewriting or upgrading the Worldmarktheclub Web Page. Who knows where it will end up and how well it will work. The current system was fine.

I'll try to find out if it's the same DT team managing both websites. Off the cuff - I don't think it is. I know the DT team managing the Wyndham website is not the same team managing the RCI website - which was recently updated as well.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Reviewing this Thread causes me to feel dread. Wyndham is supposedly rewriting or upgrading the Worldmarktheclub Web Page. Who knows where it will end up and how well it will work. The current system was fine.
It's ancient. I know in the IT world, many things over 5 years can be considered ancient, but the WorldMark site goes well beyond that. It makes me cringe. It would make most
IT people cringe if they knew how old it was. It may seem like it works just fine, but much of the systems that the website runs on is likely no longer supported, or about to be the end of life. What that means is no more security patches or bug fixes. When someone hacks the site, you'll no longer think it's fine. You're lucky that it works fine for you, but it has to be upgraded. Sorry.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
One very important item to keep in mind - feature enhancements and bug fixes are directly correlated to volume of feedback. Just because a few folks here on TUG think something that isn't around any longer was important - doesn't mean it actually was to the vast majority of owners. Most of the Wyndham TUG regular users are not "normal" owners in most respects (myself included). We are an odd bunch, at least a solid subset of us are a mix of megarenters, power owners (users), etc. We are outliers in many respects - and we need to keep this in mind. I run into this even with some of my own bug reports or enhancement requests - Wyndham isn't hearing anything from the website feedback mechanism about most of what is reported here. One of the primary tenants of agile development is that it is user feedback driven - meaning the developers, at least in theory, work on the bugs and features that generate the most feedback. With this in mind, if we're, all of us, not constantly providing the same feedback via the website mechanism - then it is very likely nothing will ever be done about the problems we see. Sure, what @Richelle and I do helps - but we are only two people (who happen to also be owners), so our impact is limited, especially considering this isn't our day job. :cool:
I used to submit feedback via the web page but I felt it just went into a black hole. I don't know if things have changed but a simple email acknowledgement that your feedback was received might go a long way towards increased usage of the feedback button. I haven't used the button in a long while so I don't know if this occurs now or not.

BTW, Thank you @HitchHiker71 & @Richelle for your efforts on this.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I used to submit feedback via the web page but I felt it just went into a black hole. I don't know if things have changed but a simple email acknowledgement that your feedback was received might go a long way towards increased usage of the feedback button. I haven't used the button in a long while so I don't know if this occurs now or not.

BTW, Thank you @HitchHiker71 & @Richelle for your efforts on this.

Mass collection feedback mechanisms for websites aren't designed to provide individualized feedback. The form says this right in the verbiage, hence the "we are unable to respond to individual comments posted here" in the graphic pasted below. Trust me when I say it's not going into a black hole - but with 500k owners, individualized feedback isn't a reasonable expectation in all honesty. This is why the system is using Qualtrics to capture and categorize feedback into useful metrics to help prioritize website design enhancements and fixes.

1619193202745.png

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Mass collection feedback mechanisms for websites aren't designed to provide individualized feedback. The form says this right in the verbiage, hence the "we are unable to respond to individual comments posted here" in the graphic pasted below. Trust me when I say it's not going into a black hole - but with 500k owners, individualized feedback isn't a reasonable expectation in all honesty. This is why the system is using Qualtrics to capture and categorize feedback into useful metrics to help prioritize website design enhancements and fixes.

View attachment 34805
I wasn't implying an individualized response, just a simple email with a formulaic saying such as "Thank you for your feedback."
With no feedback (sic) to the user/owner who submits through the feedback button, it can engender a "why bother" attitude. Yes, I know a formulaic response is no different than no response in reality but I think it does have a psychological impact.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I wasn't implying an individualized response, just a simple email with a formulaic saying such as "Thank you for your feedback."
With no feedback (sic) to the user/owner who submits through the feedback button, it can engender a "why bother" attitude. Yes, I know a formulaic response is no different than no response in reality but I think it does have a psychological impact.

You get that type of response within the window itself when you submit the feedback:

8c6751ba6cf309ec583c1f2f50a8f5ca.jpg

Using email is outdated and introduces a number of potential problems from a delivery standpoint - not the least of which is that most of these types of generic response emails are often classified as spam via the heuristics engines that scan inbound emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
You get that type of response within the window itself when you submit the feedback:

8c6751ba6cf309ec583c1f2f50a8f5ca.jpg

Using email is outdated and introduces a number of potential problems from a delivery standpoint - not the least of which is that most of these types of generic response emails are often classified as spam via the heuristics engines that scan inbound emails.

Shows you how long ago I stopped submitting feedback. I never got this message but I also stopped submitting feedback a long time ago. Maybe I'll try again.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I do answer these survey's any chance I get (haven't seen one for awhile).

Also, I have been using the feedback tab, when I get particularly annoyed at something that hasn't been addressed. Is the feedback tab input valued? Sorry for repeating a past conversation. I don't see the feedback tab when in chrome. So I pop over to safari or my cell phone as I do have the feedback tab there.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Shows you how long ago I stopped submitting feedback. I never got this message but I also stopped submitting feedback a long time ago. Maybe I'll try again.

Please do! TUGGERs need to be submitting their website experiences regularly - particularly when bugs or defects are identified. It may take them a few months to get the fix rolled out but if we are diligent it will happen eventually.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I do answer these survey's any chance I get (haven't seen one for awhile).

Also, I have been using the feedback tab, when I get particularly annoyed at something that hasn't been addressed. Is the feedback tab input valued? Sorry for repeating a past conversation. I don't see the feedback tab when in chrome. So I pop over to safari or my cell phone as I do have the feedback tab there.

Yes - this is what I’m referring to actually - the screenshot I shared is from the feedback tab that appears. The feedback tabs actually loads as an overlay to the website - so you may find that some pop up blockers will prevent the feedback tab from loading - I recommend that everyone disable their pop up blockers for the Wyndham website due to this intermittent reported issue.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Is anyone using Chrome getting the feedback tab? Here's what I found out. (What I really found out is it's easier to go to Safari if I want to provide feedback).

The feedback tab is an iframe (messing with the popup blocker settings had no affect):

1619406916057.png

Most likely a compatibility issue with Chrome. I don't have permission to something or there is a compatibility issue (so many versions of chrome, operating systems. etc, so wondering if it's all chrome browsers or if there is something special about mine).

This is the feedback tab I'm referring to (screenshot taken on Safari) -- button on right side of screen 'Give Feedback' is what is missing on Chrome).
1619407157120.png

If our feedback is valued, Wyndham should make sure we can easily provide it :) (Off I go to Safari....)

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Is anyone using Chrome getting the feedback tab? Here's what I found out. (What I really found out is it's easier to go to Safari if I want to provide feedback).

The feedback tab is an iframe (messing with the popup blocker settings had no affect):

View attachment 34952

Most likely a compatibility issue with Chrome. I don't have permission to something or there is a compatibility issue (so many versions of chrome, operating systems. etc, so wondering if it's all chrome browsers or if there is something special about mine).

This is the feedback tab I'm referring to (screenshot taken on Safari) -- button on right side of screen 'Give Feedback' is what is missing on Chrome).
View attachment 34953

If our feedback is valued, Wyndham should make sure we can easily provide it :) (Off I go to Safari....)

I don't have any issues with the feedback tab on Google Chrome browser on my laptop. I don't use Chrome on my iPhone - I only use the native Apple Safari browser. If you're having issues with Chrome - it's likely due to multiple plug-ins stepping on one another. This is a common reported problem with browsers across the board - and not something most companies will test for as there are simply too many different browser plug-ins to do so.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't have any issues with the feedback tab on Google Chrome browser on my laptop. I don't use Chrome on my iPhone - I only use the native Apple Safari browser. If you're having issues with Chrome - it's likely due to multiple plug-ins stepping on one another. This is a common reported problem with browsers across the board - and not something most companies will test for as there are simply too many different browser plug-ins to do so.
Thanks @HitchHiker71, I'll play with it some more. I do have a couple plug-ins loaded. And in the meantime, there is always Safari :)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind it is to enhance the users or Worldmark owners online experience. As a Wyndham owner I personally can tell you each upgrade has been a flop. With none of them enhancing the online experience.