• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website update to search? Where's the view monthly availability link?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
What happened? Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind.

They removed the 'View monthly availability' link from the search results screen. What's one more click? Wyndham, please stop making the site worse. Did they need more real estate for their meaningless 'These resorts have been filtered... blah, blah, blah' message?

1619737830418.png

Attachments

• 1619737808893.png
    1619737808893.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 11

troy12n

Reaction score
If you select the resort, the link to the monthly calendar is still in there... this is how it was when they first added it back. You had to go into the resort to get details to get to it.

It's less convenient this way, and I hope they add this back to the way it was, but at least it's still there...

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
So, yes, that is frustrating, but did you try to put a date on the search? That is a HUGE improvement.... assuming it is correct. You now get real-time feedback for dates selected on the resorts in your location window. No need to click done and have it search and tell you no results and move you to a different resort 6 hours away and make you start the search all over. Now you see the following for each resort that was in your location search. All with the calendar window open:
1619750358104.png

I am not saying that I don't wish they would put the link back on the make view, but not having to click through at all is even better.

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
So, as Murphy would have it, I spoke too soon. It doesn't actually work. Searching in Pompano for May 17-21 shows everything as above: No Availability, even for Palm-Aire. Going into the calendar for the resort shows halve a dozen units available. Maybe they will get all the electrons connected here soon for a functional version. Their Dev-Ops team should be fired! I have no idea how a company this large pushes so many half baked web updates out to production. They should be embarrassed!

troy12n

Reaction score
To me, nothing had to be more embarrassing than launching the new website without the functionality of the monthly availability calendar at all... it took what, 2 months for that to get added back?

Luckily that was during the worst part of the lockdowns and nobody was travelling and resorts were more or less closed.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
To me, nothing had to be more embarrassing than launching the new website without the functionality of the monthly availability calendar at all... it took what, 2 months for that to get added back?

Luckily that was during the worst part of the lockdowns and nobody was travelling and resorts were more or less closed.
Whats worse is Wyndham owners have no other options except to grin and bear it!

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks for your replies @troy12n and @PhilD41 I am frustrated we have to click and scroll to find the link that was previously available on the first high level search results. And then there's the lack of accuracy or consistency. And I see that the ghost reservations at Club Wyndham Grand Palms are STILL showing up. Search any dates for Club Wyndham Grand Palms and a studio and 2 bedroom deluxe will show up, when you try to book 'unit no longer available'. For how long now? IT is working on it.

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Completely agree... the Grand Palms bit me twice... once after I thought they had corrected it. I pretty much ignore that resort in results now.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I just noticed this issue myself over the weekend - I just reported this to our Wyndham DT contacts - not sure if this was by design or if something got lost in translation during a code update.

Last edited:

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Not sure, but you should let them know that search is pretty much useless at this point. Even searching for availability I know is there doesn't show anything. The result may be hit or miss, but it has frustrated me more than once today. It is like random reinforcement. If I can't trust the search.... why use it at all.... but that is a LOT of extra work. I know, preaching to the choir! :)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Not sure, but you should let them know that search is pretty much useless at this point. Even searching for availability I know is there doesn't show anything. The result may be hit or miss, but it has frustrated me more than once today. It is like random reinforcement. If I can't trust the search.... why use it at all.... but that is a LOT of extra work. I know, preaching to the choir! :)

Which search exactly? IME the monthly calendar view search is the most reliable search - so I'm confused as to your response. You do currently have to pick a date range for the Monthly Calendar link to display - so it's a couple more clicks - but it does appear. Steps to repro that we sent to Wyndham IT:

1. Choose Resorts | Explore Resorts
2. Input search area (for example: Orlando, FL)
3. At this point - the option would appear "View Monthly Availability" without doing anything else. Now the only option that appears is "Select desired dates" which kinda defeats the purpose of wanting to route directly to the monthly calendar view.
4. Select date range in date ranger picker (at which point - the option appears - but again - kinda defeats the point if the owner wants to go directly to the monthly calendar view - which is what I usually want to do).

1620075986246.png

1620076000995.png

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
I was using the map to focus in on a group of resorts then adding dates to see availability. It used to fill in a location when you zoomed in on the map, at least I think it did. I didn't notice that it wasn't so when I put in dates it came back with nothing. If I enter a location (or drag the map, not just click on the collections of resorts) and then add dates it seems to works.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Well the resort search feature is still messed up. I just did two different area searches, The first one told me there is nothing in Williamsburg, VA for my membership type which of course is wrong because we can all book Patriot's Place, Governor's Green and Kingsgate in June for the dates I was looking at. There was availability at all three when I looked at each individually. Next I looked at Pompano Beach, FL and it came up that there was nothing for my dates. Royal Vista and Santa Barbara I could believe but there's almost always something at Palm-Aire and Sea Gardens. I looked at all four resorts individually and of course there was availability at both Palm-Aire and Sea Gardens.

I've been seeing posts in the Facebook groups with people complaining because they have points they need to use by the end of their various use year dates and they're frustrated because they can't find anything. I wasn't feeling very sympathetic to be honest because really they couldn't find anything? There were plenty of the typical comments. I can't find anything either, you're being too picky, it's because of the owners who rent grabbing up everything, etc. Then someone posted that the reason they weren't finding anything could be the way they were searching. I mostly use my bucket list to do searches. Also I haven't been searching for much lately because when we get home from this trip we're, gasp, staying home for six weeks and after that I already have our late July/August trip booked. So I really didn't understand just how awful doing searches has become for other people.

With Wyndham trying so hard to get owners to use their points because of so many owners having points they carried over due to COVID last year and people wanting to book stays before schools start back this couldn't have happened at a much worse time. It also isn't good publicity for Wyndham because so many people are seeing those posts on the different social media sites. Why would anyone want to buy developer or resale when they see those posts from owners complaining they can't find anything to book?

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
Well the resort search feature is still messed up. I just did two different area searches, The first one told me there is nothing in Williamsburg, VA for my membership type which of course is wrong because we can all book Patriot's Place, Governor's Green and Kingsgate in June for the dates I was looking at. There was availability at all three when I looked at each individually. Next I looked at Pompano Beach, FL and it came up that there was nothing for my dates. Royal Vista and Santa Barbara I could believe but there's almost always something at Palm-Aire and Sea Gardens. I looked at all four resorts individually and of course there was availability at both Palm-Aire and Sea Gardens.

I've been seeing posts in the Facebook groups with people complaining because they have points they need to use by the end of their various use year dates and they're frustrated because they can't find anything. I wasn't feeling very sympathetic to be honest because really they couldn't find anything? There were plenty of the typical comments. I can't find anything either, you're being too picky, it's because of the owners who rent grabbing up everything, etc. Then someone posted that the reason they weren't finding anything could be the way they were searching. I mostly use my bucket list to do searches. Also I haven't been searching for much lately because when we get home from this trip we're, gasp, staying home for six weeks and after that I already have our late July/August trip booked. So I really didn't understand just how awful doing searches has become for other people.

With Wyndham trying so hard to get owners to use their points because of so many owners having points they carried over due to COVID last year and people wanting to book stays before schools start back this couldn't have happened at a much worse time. It also isn't good publicity for Wyndham because so many people are seeing those posts on the different social media sites. Why would anyone want to buy developer or resale when they see those posts from owners complaining they can't find anything to book?
Thanks for this. I'm going to go back through my searches differently.

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Jan, You described my experience over the last several days exactly. I have just resolved to look resort by resort.... but that can take some time. I may actually go fine a path to provide feed back on this one. Search should be basic table stakes for a website like Wyndham's.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I was using the map to focus in on a group of resorts then adding dates to see availability. It used to fill in a location when you zoomed in on the map, at least I think it did. I didn't notice that it wasn't so when I put in dates it came back with nothing. If I enter a location (or drag the map, not just click on the collections of resorts) and then add dates it seems to works.

Got it - I must admit I never use the map function. :cool:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

I've noticed the same issues and have already reported them to our Wyndham DT contacts and they are aware of the regressions and are working on remediations. My current workaround is to always use the monthly calendar view to book any/all reservations. This appears to be the only search function that is accurately representing current availability. The irony of losing the initial Monthly Availability link without having to input a date range or click into each resort right off the Resorts page doesn't escape me given this fact. ;) The timing of all of this just sucks - that's for certain - no other way to say it.

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Unless you are trying to book at Grand Palms in South Carolina.... They you are never sure if there is actually a studio and a 2 bedroom or not. ;-) I just assume not.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Unless you are trying to book at Grand Palms in South Carolina.... They you are never sure if there is actually a studio and a 2 bedroom or not. ;-) I just assume not.
I spoke at least a month ago to someone in Michael Brown's office and they were aware of this exact situation and IT is working on it. How is this acceptable?

I just tried to look at inventory at Bonnet Creek next April. All kinds of invalid results. Sometimes showing nothing available. I think the 'book only what is available to me' is the nail in the coffin on an already very broken search.

Excellent point @Jan M. -- when people say they can't find inventory I used to wonder why or where they couldn't. Now makes a lot more sense.

I would advise calling to anyone not persistent or somewhat knowledgable with the pitfalls of this mess.

BTW, I am a VIP Founder, owner at Bonnet Creek. April, 2022, is most definitely something I should be able to book.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This is why I use the monthly calendar, always. Period, end of story. For me it just works better.
I'm struggling with that, also. Will document some steps later when I have a chance. My mode of operation has gotten to be hit or miss. If I don't find what I'm looking for, try again from a different angle.

VacayKat

Reaction score
All I know is I’ve been looking for anything useful to book between now and end of use year (June 30) and I’ve given up. Now the question is which place to dump the 600k points I can’t use because finding somewhere to book is difficult at best. Can’t even find stuff to give away to friends!

troy12n

Reaction score
All I know is I’ve been looking for anything useful to book between now and end of use year (June 30) and I’ve given up. Now the question is which place to dump the 600k points I can’t use because finding somewhere to book is difficult at best. Can’t even find stuff to give away to friends!

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's May 4, and if your use year ends June 30, you probably should have started looking before now.

Also, I was looking today and yesterday, there are places where you can still get weeks.

For instance, the ENTIRE MONTH of June is available at National Harbor. June 1-15 you can get a1BR or 2BR Deluxe, June 26 is the only date in the entire month that you can't get a 2BR... but 1BR is available all month.

Most of June is available at Old Town Alexandria... first half of the month has 2BR

The ENTIRE MONTH is also available at Midtown 45 in NYC... multiple room types AND they are running a 50% off sale. You can get a solid 2 weeks in NYC for under 600k PTS in a 1BR DELUXE... which would normally be 1.1 MILLION points

Fairfield Glade has almost the entire month available, differing room types.

June through August is ALWAYS tough because it's when the kids get out of school.

But there is definitely availability out there. Maybe not where you want to go, but it's there... look harder

VacayKat

Reaction score
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's May 4, and if your use year ends June 30, you probably should have started looking before now.

Also, I was looking today and yesterday, there are places where you can still get weeks.

For instance, the ENTIRE MONTH of June is available at National Harbor. June 1-15 you can get a1BR or 2BR Deluxe, June 26 is the only date in the entire month that you can't get a 2BR... but 1BR is available all month.

Most of June is available at Old Town Alexandria... first half of the month has 2BR

The ENTIRE MONTH is also available at Midtown 45 in NYC... multiple room types AND they are running a 50% off sale. You can get a solid 2 weeks in NYC for under 600k PTS in a 1BR DELUXE... which would normally be 1.1 MILLION points

Fairfield Glade has almost the entire month available, differing room types.

June through August is ALWAYS tough because it's when the kids get out of school.

But there is definitely availability out there. Maybe not where you want to go, but it's there... look harder
So I look almost every day and have been probably since December to pick up smaller trips to make it work. However, for e.g., I was on a resort last night and EVERY DAY showed availability but ANY day I clicked on said, there are no continuous days available for that. I just looked at the same resort amd literally EVERY DAY IS NOT AVAILABLE until July 1. I’m not making an east coast trip- but thanks for pointing those out as I need to squeeze trips in around this thing called ‘work’. You can’t use the resort search function to find a place anywhere in the U.S. for dates you want- it picks some random spot and says nothing is available, or alternatively tells you to pick a location (I thought the U.S. was a location, silly me).
I’m saying the search function being useless makes it a full time job to find anything where you WANT to go- but fine, I’ll agree with you that it’s easy to find availability where you don’t want to go, clearly no one else wants to go there either.