• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website Maintenance September 15 10pm

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Single nights are expensive with HK fees in WorldMark.
Except cash bookings -- Monday Madness, FAX credit, Inventory Specials and Bonus Time do not require HK charges. This is where one-night (or a few night) reservations are booked.

Advantage WorldMark.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
For as long as I can remember it's been the case that points could only be borrowed within the express reservation window, which is 90 days, so you wouldn't be able to borrow points for a March reservation regardless of point flavor or status. (You can find the language on page 249 of the 2018-19 directory which is the most recent edition to have been published.)

To test whether resale points will be able to borrow, try something for between now and December 15 - but avoid the Thanksgiving week, which could be subject to additional restrictions.

I understand the rules for borrowing from an FUY, have read the discussion in the directory on it, and tested it with a resale booking in the ERP in December. I might not have been explicit in saying it was in the ERP in my post, but the system gave me the option to borrow developer FUY points for a resale booking. That’s ok, but what they told hybrid VIP owners is that we would be able to borrow developer points for resale bookings without specifying that it would be limited to developer FUY points in the ERP. The implementation doesn’t match what they told us and they don’t typically tell us when they’re fixing things on system updates, so I was testing that and sharing the results with the TUG community.

[Edit - here is the pertinent piece of information that Wyndham provided hybrid VIP owners on the subject:

• When booking using Non-VIP Eligible Points, VIP Eligible Points may be borrowed and any such reservation or transaction will not be eligible for VIP benefits.

Note that while it uses the word "borrowed" it doesn't incorporate any of the limitations on borrowing FUY points for a CUY booking that exist in the member's directory. IMHO, the most reasonable interpretation should be that they used the common understanding of what that verb means in plain English without those limitations, but they did not communicate that properly to the development team that implemented the system update.]

Last edited:

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
The response back is that Wyndham is not currently entertaining this change. Worldmark owners provided a ton of feedback about restoring one night stays compared to Club Wyndham. The decision is based on specific club needs. If we want this to return - start making this complaint every time you get the opportunity to provide website feedback please. They need to see Wyndham owners asking for this feature to return evidently.
Agree with the point to start providing feedback on 1 night stays as it seems there was a push to do so on the Worldmark side.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I just saw that they are doing another update tomorrow night.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
At some point (possibly in 2020 with COVID changes?), Wyndham quietly began allowing borrowing to complete the last night’s points in the standard booking window. There’s been a couple of threads about it as well as some discussion on Facebook (where I first heard it).
I borrowed points to complete a last night in the standard booking window back in 2012, so it’s been around for a while.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I borrowed points to complete a last night in the standard booking window back in 2012, so it’s been around for a while.
There was a conversation to that effect in one of the other threads, and I think people were so used to using the points credit pool to “borrow” from a future year, that it creates a memory of having used the borrowing function in the standard window in the distant past (which it almost certainly was not).

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I am pretty sure it was in the directory back then. Not sure I have any old ones. I’ll look.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am pretty sure it was in the directory back then. Not sure I have any old ones. I’ll look.

I did that and posted my findings in one of the earlier threads about this. There’s never been a mention of anything except the express period.
Not since I've been an owner.

2018-19 directory:
"Should you decide to travel at the last minute and realize that you may need additional points to complete your reservation, you have the option to borrow points from your next Use Year during the Express Reservation time frame."

2014-15, 2011-12, and 2009-10 directories (use the exact same language):
"Should you decide to travel at the last minute and realize that you may need additional points to complete your reservation, you have the option to borrow points from your next Use Year. This option is available when you are booking a reservation during the Express Reservation period, 90 days or less from your check-in date."

However, prior to 2017 the points credit pool functioned essentially as a borrowing tool. If you needed to "borrow" points from a future year, you'd just credit pool some or all of the points from that year and they'd become available for use immediately.

EDIT: As an example of how established the credit pool was as a borrowing tool, there was one year when I credit pooled points from a future year in order to use them in a current year, and it wasn't until after I'd done it and paid the $39 fee that I realized that I could have simply borrowed the points, because it was inside the 90 day mark, and saved the $39. :doh:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I just saw that they are doing another update tomorrow night.

Yea I saw the same thing. I’ve asked Wyndham if they can share any enhancements/bug fixes specific to this larger extended outage window. If I get anything back that I can share I will certainly do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I did that and posted my findings in one of the earlier threads about this. There’s never been a mention of anything except the express period.

I figured out what I did. I didn’t borrow points, I rented points to complete the last nights stay. I believe back then it was $8/k to rent points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Yea I saw the same thing. I’ve asked Wyndham if they can share any enhancements/bug fixes specific to this larger extended outage window. If I get anything back that I can share I will certainly do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weekend outage window was entirely focused on back end changes - meaning no front end website updates were deployed. My interpretation of this feedback means that any changes we would see would be to your actual account data - and not to the website - which simply displays the back end data.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The weekend outage window was entirely focused on back end changes - meaning no front end website updates were deployed. My interpretation of this feedback means that any changes we would see would be to your actual account data - and not to the website - which simply displays the back end data.
Oy! The black box! Thanks for your all your updates, they are appreciated!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Updating the Monthly Calendar view to support the limitations on single night stays – so availability is displayed more accurately
It seems the latest update has reverted on this feature, either partly or completely. A lot of clicks on the availability calendar result in the message, "There aren't any suites available for a continuous stay with this check-in date. Please select another check-in date to proceed."