• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website Maintenance September 15 10pm

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
YOUR WEBSITE WILL BE TAKING A QUICK VACAY
Your website will undergo maintenance from September 15 at 10 p.m. EST - September 16 at 12 a.m. EST. Thank you for your patience as Club Wyndham continues to upgrade your online experience.

Sorry, pet peeve -- not the clearest communication. Quite a bit of debate, speculation, on the issue of if 12 a.m. is the next day. But yes, it is. So a 2 hour down time. Next question, who thinks the system will really be back up at 12 a.m? And next question, wonder what's coming now?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I've queried my contacts to see if we have any noteworthy items planned for this sprint release window. I may or may not get a response since it's same day - but it's worth a shot.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
worldmark got single days booking back, do you think Wyndham might get it back?

Roman2021

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I just tried booking 2 nights online at Wyndham Palm Aire and it returned with an error saying there is a 2 night minimum.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Worldmark owners received an email indicating the policy change. As a Wyndham owner, I've received no such communication in comparison, so my answer is, to the best of my understanding, no - not at this time.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Feature enhancements scheduled for implementation this evening:
  • Adding the ability to cancel out of the Modify flow (when making a modification to a reservation).
  • Updating the Monthly Calendar view to support the limitations on single night stays – so availability is displayed more accurately
  • Various bug fixes to reported issues since the mid-August major feature release (non-specific)
Best I could get on short notice. I'll see if I can get some additional feedback on the bug fixes item.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Feature enhancements scheduled for implementation this evening:
  • Adding the ability to cancel out of the Modify flow (when making a modification to a reservation).
  • Updating the Monthly Calendar view to support the limitations on single night stays – so availability is displayed more accurately
  • Various bug fixes to reported issues since the mid-August major feature release (non-specific)
Best I could get on short notice. I'll see if I can get some additional feedback on the bug fixes item.

Thanks! Truly appreciate your leveraging your contacts for us!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I have a Benefits Summary! (And it looks pretty much as expected.)

Two very minor things of note:
- My current use year shows empty home resort lines for two contracts I returned in 2019. They’re gone in my future years, so all seems well. (Actually, I realize now that 2021 points were probably awarded prior to my Ovating, so that’s probably why those empty shells are there.)
- It appears my converted fixed week points are not included in the “Club Wyndham Select” line. I’m not quite sure what use that line total is to me anyway (it seems it may only be helpful in contrast to CWA for someone who owns both), but it seems interesting that it’s not included since we tend to refer to any deeded property as CWS.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I have a Benefits Summary! (And it looks pretty much as expected.)

Second thing I looked at (after making sure all existing reservations were still there), and it was nice to see an actual page load this time.

I tried a couple of times this morning and it was still only giving me a 2 night minimum.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
very minor things of note
Another thing that's just kind of interesting is that although the benefits history shows housekeeping transactions taking place for the current use year both in the old HK denominations and later in the new HK denominations, there's no indication of the changeover last November or how the calculation was made between old and new housekeeping for existing reservations. There's no indication of the basis for my UY 2021 HK allocation, which has never really aligned with any potential method for calculating it. (And isn't really an issue because I haven't used all my HK and will be leaving several on the table to expire.) From 2022 onward, it's calculated as expected.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Updating the Monthly Calendar view to support the limitations on single night stays – so availability is displayed more accurately
This seems to be working! It also stands to confuse some people who are used to the way it worked before, lol. For instance, at Wyndham Smoky Mountains, October 30 appears available for check-in on the availability calendar, but October 31 is greyed out. I thought to myself - a one-night stay is showing, not what we were told. But clicking on October 30 as a check-in, it allows for a November 1 check-out, for a 2-night stay - exactly what was promised! However, people are so used to ignoring single nights of availability it will take some getting used to it. Also, checking all of the check-in dates showing as live in the month of November at Smoky Mountains, all of them show at least a 2-night stay being available.

This is a big change that's going to be really helpful for a lot of people!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Single nights are expensive with HK fees in WorldMark.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
This seems to be working! It also stands to confuse some people who are used to the way it worked before, lol. For instance, at Wyndham Smoky Mountains, October 30 appears available for check-in on the availability calendar, but October 31 is greyed out. I thought to myself - a one-night stay is showing, not what we were told. But clicking on October 30 as a check-in, it allows for a November 1 check-out, for a 2-night stay - exactly what was promised! However, people are so used to ignoring single nights of availability it will take some getting used to it. Also, checking all of the check-in dates showing as live in the month of November at Smoky Mountains, all of them show at least a 2-night stay being available.

This is a big change that's going to be really helpful for a lot of people!

Agreed - it's a change that was really necessary - but it's a change none-the-less and therefore folks will experience different behavior. It is likely that this change was a precursor to another feature that will be released in the future that will allow you to choose from a "length of stay" within the monthly calendar view - so if you want a five day length of stay - you'll be able to choose from a drop down and the calendar view would then do the same thing it's now doing for the minimum two night stay - it'll just allow you to choose longer stays and see what's really available. Baby steps...

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Single nights are expensive with HK fees in WorldMark.

They are in Wyndham too if you run out of HK credits. A small account of say 126K would get 1 HK credit; every short stay after the first one would be a $159 HK fee.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I checked on the issue of being able to borrow developer points. For a booking in March in the SRP using resale points but not having enough, the only option I got was to rent points. For a booking in December [in the ERP] with no CUY points available and looking for a resale booking, I had the option to borrow resale points, the option to borrow developer points, and the option to rent points. I didn't complete either transaction as I was just testing it. It appears that part of the problem was fixed, although the ability to borrow developer points for a resale booking in the SRP is still not available. (The amount I was short of FUY resale points was less than the amount needed for the final night, too.)

[Edited to clarify that the December booking attempt was in the ERP.]

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also checked on the single night booking ability within the 15 day single night minimum reservation period. Looking at Old Town Alexandria, there are single nights available September 16 (tonight), 26, 29, 30, and November 1. In all cases there was a 2-night minimum booking in place. The 1-night minimum for WorldMark seems to be limited to WorldMark reservations.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are in Wyndham too if you run out of HK credits. A small account of say 126K would get 1 HK credit; every short stay after the first one would be a $159 HK fee.

I'm in that boat every other year. On an amusing note, I'm considering buying another EOYE contract to address the 1 HK in the even years - because of the changes Wyndham has made to separate resale and developer point housekeeping credits, buying additional developer points would not address this problem. That raises one rather high barrier for a hybrid owner in my position to purchasing any more points from Wyndham - unless they come up with some program to requalify my resale points so that I can get an additional housekeeping credit to use with them by owning more points, their sales department has nothing they can do for me. (I'll bet they are willing to promise to fix my problems anyway, though.)

This does put me in the position of only being able to make the best use of the points deposit feature by moving points to the odd years, where I have more housekeeping credits. I can deal with that limitation because I'm aware of it now.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I also checked on the single night booking ability within the 15 day single night minimum reservation period. Looking at Old Town Alexandria, there are single nights available September 16 (tonight), 26, 29, 30, and November 1. In all cases there was a 2-night minimum booking in place. The 1-night minimum for WorldMark seems to be limited to WorldMark reservations.

Yes, there's been no corresponding announcement made to any Wyndham owners in comparison. I can ask if there's any consideration on this point for Wyndham owners and see what if any response I get back.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I just tried booking 2 nights online at Wyndham Palm Aire and it returned with an error saying there is a 2 night minimum.

I don't care who you are, that right there's funny! (Hat tip to Larry, the Cable Guy)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Yes, there's been no corresponding announcement made to any Wyndham owners in comparison. I can ask if there's any consideration on this point for Wyndham owners and see what if any response I get back.

The response back is that Wyndham is not currently entertaining this change. Worldmark owners provided a ton of feedback about restoring one night stays compared to Club Wyndham. The decision is based on specific club needs. If we want this to return - start making this complaint every time you get the opportunity to provide website feedback please. They need to see Wyndham owners asking for this feature to return evidently.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked on the issue of being able to borrow developer points. For a booking in March in the SRP using resale points but not having enough, the only option I got was to rent points. For a booking in December with no CUY points available and looking for a resale booking, I had the option to borrow resale points, the option to borrow developer points, and the option to rent points. I didn't complete either transaction as I was just testing it. It appears that part of the problem was fixed, although the ability to borrow developer points for a resale booking in the SRP is still not available. (The amount I was short of FUY resale points was less than the amount needed for the final night, too.)
For as long as I can remember it's been the case that points could only be borrowed within the express reservation window, which is 90 days, so you wouldn't be able to borrow points for a March reservation regardless of point flavor or status. (You can find the language on page 249 of the 2018-19 directory which is the most recent edition to have been published.)

To test whether resale points will be able to borrow, try something for between now and December 15 - but avoid the Thanksgiving week, which could be subject to additional restrictions.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For as long as I can remember it's been the case that points could only be borrowed within the express reservation window, which is 90 days, so you wouldn't be able to borrow points for a March reservation regardless of point flavor or status. (You can find the language on page 249 of the 2018-19 directory which is the most recent edition to have been published.)

To test whether resale points will be able to borrow, try something for between now and December 15 - but avoid the Thanksgiving week, which could be subject to additional restrictions.
At some point (possibly in 2020 with COVID changes?), Wyndham quietly began allowing borrowing to complete the last night’s points in the standard booking window. There’s been a couple of threads about it as well as some discussion on Facebook (where I first heard it).

Reaction score
The response back is that Wyndham is not currently entertaining this change. Worldmark owners provided a ton of feedback about restoring one night stays compared to Club Wyndham. The decision is based on specific club needs. If we want this to return - start making this complaint every time you get the opportunity to provide website feedback please. They need to see Wyndham owners asking for this feature to return evidently.
- How about expanding on this thought. Wyndham added the ability to modify to add days, but locks that feature at 48 hours prior to trip start. I would like to see the 48 hour removed so we could add a day prior to stay an extra day when already checked in.