• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Weather in Utah, Iowa and Wyoming

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
On Tuesday I will pull up the 10 day weather forecast because on Friday I am leaving for 2 days in Salt Lake City,3 days in Idaho Falls for day trips and 1 day at Yellowstone Nat'l Park.

For those who live out there, are you still having fairly warm weather (light jacket early morn and eve), or will heavy sweaters and jackets be necessary? I know weather can change dramatically in a week, but just trying to plan my suitcase. TIA

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, Kay, the title of the thread was a little misleading- not uncommon though for people to say Iowa when they mean Idaho.

Yes, the weather this time of year is changeable. Yesterday here- 200 miles West and 2000 feet lower than Yellowstone, it was nearly 80 and hadn't rained since July 20th. Today it's raining and may make 70. Maybe not. West Yellowstone forecast says for Tuesday low of 26 with a 60% chance of snow with high most of the week in the 50-60's.

I would pack for layering. A sweater and light jacket should get you by. Even in Yellowstone, unless you are doing extended hiking, you won't be far or long away from a vehicle or building. I'd probably leave the shorts and lightweight tops home.

It's pretty country, though in your 6 days here you might experience all 4 seasons.

Jim Ricks

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the Iowa instead of Idaho. I've been to Iowa several times but never to Idaho. Thanks for the correction and for the good advice. I hope I don'rt see any snow.:eek:

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would pack for layering. A sweater and light jacket should get you by. Even in Yellowstone, unless you are doing extended hiking, you won't be far or long away from a vehicle or building. I'd probably leave the shorts and lightweight tops home.

It's pretty country, though in your 6 days here you might experience all 4 seasons.

Jim Ricks

Ditto. Even with snow you won't need a heavy coat as it tends not to last that long this time of year. It can be very cold one day and very warm the next. This is the time of year when some people start to use the furnace in the morning and the air conditioner in the afternoon.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would only take long pants, no shorts. I went fishing up to Strawberry last weekend and thats cooler than Park City. I had to put on a jacket towards the end of the afternoon.

I would bring short sleeve blouses (t-shirts) a sweatshirt or two and a light windbreaker or light jacket that has a warmer or fleece lining. End of September, October, the key is layers.

TomR

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned Sunday from eight nights in the Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. The weather was beautiful during the day but a bit cold in the mornings and evenings. Layering is the key for sure, but I would pack mainly long sleeve outfits rather than summer attire, and be sure to bring a few sweaters or sweatshirts. Have a great vacation.
Tom

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
The long sleeves are also good for sun protection. With the temperatures moderate and pleasant during the day, one can easily forget that those sun rays can still burn.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great tips. According to the 10 day weather forecast, Yellowstone is the only one with high in the 50's and that's cold to me.

I'm taking 1 pair of jeans and 2pr heavy cotton pants, 1 short sleeve tee for Salt Lake City, and long sleeve tees and hoodie for all but Yellowstone. One reversible zip front coat for yellowstone and a knitted pancho for the plane. I think I'll be fine and I appreciate the ideas. Thanks again.