• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We may be stuck down here Sunday night - advice?

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We are on an RCI trade into BCV - we aren't DVC members. Not sure our plane is going to make it out of MCO on Sunday - we are flying into Hartford, CT so just not sure how bad the storm will be. My worry is not only figuring out how we can get home, but also where to stay if we get stuck here. Renting the traditional way at BCV costs a small fortune, even with annual passholder discount I think. I could try to find a room at the airport (we have no car and used ME) but would be so much better to still be at Disney if we were stuck here. I am traveling with my daughter who is really worried about missing school next week (she is a HS senior and already missed on Thursday and Friday which is very difficult in our district) so it would be much worse if we were just sitting in a hotel airport versus spending more time on property.

Advice? Do you think Hartford will be okay? If not, any advice about least expensive way to stay where we are?

Thanks!!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Airports " near " Hartford that are open

Watched the Buffalo news tonight - they are not getting this storm .

6 ++ hour drive to Hartford .

I am pretty sure everyone who goes to her school will be missing school if it is that much snow .

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talk to the Front Desk at your hotel. See if they can get you into a room at one of the Disney Value resorts. They'll transfer your luggage for you.

Now dealing with the airline is another matter...

EDIT TO ADD: I just went on Orbitz. With the promo code BESTVACAY that they're offering now, I could get a room at any of the All-Stars for $88.06 with tax on Sunday night. If Disney can't do better than that, hop on your phone and book it yourself.

-Rob

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Talk to the Front Desk at your hotel. See if they can get you into a room at one of the Disney Value resorts. They'll transfer your luggage for you.

Now dealing with the airline is another matter...

EDIT TO ADD: I just went on Orbitz. With the promo code BESTVACAY that they're offering now, I could get a room at any of the All-Stars for $88.06 with tax on Sunday night. If Disney can't do better than that, hop on your phone and book it yourself.

-Rob

Great advice for possibly others too. Thanks for looking that up !

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I agree, switch to a rooom (or 2 rooms) @ a value resort. Art of Animation might have little mermaid rooms, otherwise, we like POP and All Stars Music. The values are actually very nice. We are DVc members and still stay at values sometimes when it is just the kids and I. They all have 2 double beds. If you need more space, you could also try the Ft. W cabins, which sleep 6, or the ARt of Animation suites, or the All Stars Music suites. But, 2 rooms is likely cheaper and would give you more beds/space bathrooms. WDW hotels would likely work with you--holding a room in case your flight is canx and not charging you the typical 5 day canx fee. You might have better luck talking in person to the front desk or concierge vs. calling the 800 #. WDW will transfer your bags to new hotel for $25 fee. You can add an extra park day at the gate for around $10, but supposedly you need to have 1 day left on your ticket to do that, so add it today, just in case. Also, it's not just Hartford, but where your plane is--for ex, flight were canx to/from DC, which means those planes are sitting somewhere else and have to fly to get back onto their routes. I would not worry about school--you'll be able to get back home in a day or two, as it looks like a fast moving storm. If you get canx, rebook ASAP. Also, if you are a family, consider splitting up to get back home. It's easier to find 2 seats than 4-5 seats. good luck. Elaine

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
The weather forecast for Hartford for Sunday is for Sunny skies you should be OK. If your flight do gets cancelled,Albany is not having any snow at all, if you could have someone pick you up from there you would be OK!

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks all! Have worked out the extended time with a friend who has DVC points but still hoping that our flight takes off. Hartford is already 90 minutes from home so Albany wouldn't be doable - but thanks for the suggestion!

When do flights typically cancel for weather? Would I know by tomorrow morning for an evening flight?

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
WDW will transfer your bags to new hotel for $25 fee. You can add an extra park day at the gate for around $10, but supposedly you need to have 1 day left on your ticket to do that, so add it today, just in case.

Just a side note, there is no fee for having Disney transfer your luggage from one hotel to another. I've done it quite a few times. (Though you should factor in a tip for Bell Services on either end of the move)

But you're spot-on about adding days onto the park tickets.

-Rob

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I read on a disney BB that they implemented the $25 bag fee last year.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I read on a disney BB that they implemented the $25 bag fee last year.

Really?
Is this just for the hotel guests or are dvc owners included in that new fee?
First I am hearing about this and I often do split stays.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
what I read was [per belldesk @ WDW hotel] "beginning sometime january 2015 WDW is going to start charging $25 to transfer luggage to another resort." I did a little further research and it seems that a number of persons as late as June 2015 reported that they were not charged the fee. Good to know.
3kids4me--did you get out? how did it work out if you had to stay over?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that there were no charge to transfer bags within the Disney resort/hotel system.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Hopefully you will get home today

So far the direct flights from Orlando looks good :).

From the Bradley flight arrival's page - http://www.bradleyairport.com/Flights/Arrivals.aspx

Airlines Flight From Estimated Status
United Airlines 8016 TORONTO 2:20 PM Arrived
United Airlines 4782 WASHINGTON 2:20 PM Cancelled
JetBlue Airways 338 ORLANDO 2:48 PM InAir
American Airlines 4877 PHILADELPHIA 2:59 PM Cancelled
Delta Air Lines 2465 ATLANTA 3:04 PM InAir
Southwest Airlines 373 TAMPA 3:10 PM InAir
United Airlines 3547 NEWARK 3:22 PM Cancelled
Southwest Airlines 844 FORT MYERS 3:25 PM InAir
American Airlines 4350 CHICAGO 3:25 PM InAir
American Airlines 5016 WASHINGTON 3:31 PM Cancelled
Delta Air Lines 1528 DETROIT 3:42 PM InAir