• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We just got kicked out of a presentation

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Perfect description of the experience lol.
Yeah, short and sweet description of that experience, but the presentation isn't ever short and sweet. Too bad!

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
Yeah, short and sweet description of that experience, but the presentation isn't ever short and sweet. Too bad!

Not completely true. Most of my updates (10-12 per year) usually run less than the required 60 minutes. Quickest has been 6 minutes. Granted, I do soooooo many updates per year that they KNOW I'm not buying and just let us go. Often, during the updates they walk off to do something else and my wife and I just chit chat for the 45-60 minutes.

travelplus

Reaction score
Too funny! I love the times when they are overbooked and I part with my gift. I love Sunday mornings. It happened more than once. Then I just go and use the Gift Card for some nice meals. 25 minutes of my time for $100 ain't bad.

If the sales person is hostile with me I use my acting skills and cry and ask for their manager. It works like a charm. Covering my ears as well!

Captkaos

Reaction score
I actually have a typed sheet of paper with all sorts of info on it about rescinding, benefits of buying resale and about TUG. It is saved on my desktop computer at home or I'd post it here, it might actually be buried in this site somewhere. I fold it up small with the headline showing and hand it out to folks waiting on doing their presentations or ones I meet around the pool who start talking timeshares. I even gave one to a sales guy once at a timeshare presentation who said he didn't realize there was a resale market!

~Diane
Can you post or send your "sheet of paper" please,
Thanks, Pete

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
It isn't always that easy. The first thing we are asked EVERY TIME is, why are you here. Ummm, I am here because YOUR marketing department invited me. It sometimes goes downhill from there....

Just sitting there isn't an option. They want dialog, back and forth. You ask, they answer, they ask, you answer.
I like it. Being truthful, calm and respectful to the first person whose job it is to make you like them is the game.

In terms of buying that comes down to price for us and not the "how much do you spend every year line" but compared to resale.

They really have to sell some kind of bonus program, The today only now idea, is crap and I don't buy that line.

Most of these salespeople are used to being fake to get people to like them, some are real, but let's be honest they want your money to buy a timeshare of dubious value and certainly at a price 5-10x what you can get it for resale. There is no honest way to close that delta without real conversation and showing the details and math to you. I suspect most of them are not able to financially model it correctly, so you must not trust their math EVER.

I keep an open mind that maybe they have a deeded week that's our anniversary and we'd love to spend a week there every year. We all spend crazy money on stupid things at times to make ourselves feel good. I put a timeshare in line with the new car that replaces the car I have that works fine, especially the sunroof, leather seats, shiny rims and increased insurance costs. Its just money. We buy both for "enjoyment" and that's fine.

My line, "I'm not yelling I'm forcefully expressing my frustration" and then I let them carry on while I shut up, look bewildered and confused. If they are rude, they won't last long, and I have no issue making them look bad. Maybe nobody cares, but I believe management knows the good staff from the crap. I see it as my mission to help weed out the bad actors.

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
Too funny! I love the times when they are overbooked and I part with my gift. I love Sunday mornings. It happened more than once. Then I just go and use the Gift Card for some nice meals. 25 minutes of my time for $100 ain't bad.

If the sales person is hostile with me I use my acting skills and cry and ask for their manager. It works like a charm. Covering my ears as well!
Maybe we should also go into fetal position under on the floor and rock.

Obviously, it shouldn't be that bad and I'm not that good of an actor. I would be fun experiment though.

Or better yet. Just lay on your back for a minute without explaining yourself and act like it never happened.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Can you post or send your "sheet of paper" please,
Thanks, Pete
I am pretty sure I have shared it elsewhere in these forums, but here it is copied from my documents.

~Diane

TUG - The Timeshare Users Group

The Internet meeting place for Timesharers

If you own a timeshare, or are thinking of buying or selling a timeshare , you should visit TUG. TUG provides great advice on sensible timeshare buying and selling, and on effective timeshare exchanging. TUG is the Internet's best resource for providing Timesharers with such valuable information.

TUG is an Internet community of over 83,000 timeshare owners, just like you. TUG was formed in 1993 to provide timeshare owners with unbiased information about timesharing. TUG is run by it's members – it is not owned by any resorts, developers, or exchange companies – no developer hype and boiler-room presentations here! Collecting and combining information from its tens of thousands of members, TUG provides timeshare reviews and ratings on more than 5000 timeshare resorts, and presents information on area activities, sites to see and places to eat for member use. TUG also has a wealth of helpful advice and information articles. The TUG bulletin boards (forums) will get you prompt responcses on almost any timeshare related question you might have. Those responses come from other timesharers who have "been there, done that".

Some membership features available at TUG are;

• Online Bulletin Board (BBS) -all your timeshare questions asked and answered.​
  • Timeshare Resort Reviews and Rankings -Written reviews for over 1200 resorts and rankings for more than 5000 resorts, provided by members who have stayed at the resort. These are constantly updated to provide members with the latest information.​
  • Top Ten Resorts – Lists of the Top 10 resorts based on current TUG ratings.​
  • Classified Ads – For Sale, For Rent, Want to Buy and Want to Rent ads (over $34Million in completed sales & rentals)​
  • Free Direct Exchange Database – Make your own timeshare exchange for free by working directly with other owners​
  • Permanent Swap Database – Ready for a change? Find someone who might be willing to swap timeshare ownership with you.​
  • Advice Section – Helpful advice about timeshare ownership and timesharing from timeshare experts.​
  • Sales Database -Actual sales and purchase information for timeshares, as reported by TUG members​
  • RCI & II News Releases – TUG now gets the latest news releases directly from the RCI & II exchange companies.​
  • Special Timeshare and Travel Business Section – Where special offers are made for TUG members​

TUG'ers advice can save you work and save you real money!

Buy Resale, Save many Thousands!

Tug website; http://www.tug2.net

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
I used to get upset, now I go for the gift cards. they don't usually make me stay long once they see what I own and how educated I am on the product. The guy at Marriott last Dec got so mad when I signed up for an encore presentation "why are you buying that you have too much vacation already!" I said it's 950 for a week! That's a great deal! lol. We're using it in Orlando thanksgiving week this year when it would've been difficult to make a great exchange:)