• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We just bought a Jockey Club timeshare

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
We arrived home from our trip to find an email offering the same program for $2495 with maintenance fees of $276 for the first year and half of that for future years. Geeze. Makes me think the whole thing is a scam. Has anyone purchased Sapphire resorts or used them? Anyway, I think we will go another direction.

For anybody Ts presentation, there are the salesman/woman, supervisor, and “closer.” Salesman/saleswoman typically offers $20k-25k. Supervisor typically offers $8k-10k. The closer offers $3k-$5k. Looks like the email was the “closer” price, and you got the “supervisor” price.

Last edited:

Aquabatter

Reaction score
Should’ve learned my lesson already but my husband and I thought that we might be getting a good deal with our Sapphire TS at the Jockey Club over the weekend.

Total cost: $2995
Downpayment: $400

23 total payments of $137.80

So far it’s the lowest a “closer” has ever offered us. Felt good about it until I checked what others had to say about the company online.

I wonder if anyone here is happy with this TS company.

We still have 4 full days to go to cancel this.
Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Should’ve learned my lesson already but my husband and I thought that we might be getting a good deal with our Sapphire TS at the Jockey Club over the weekend.

So far it’s the lowest a “closer” has ever offered us. Felt good about it until I checked what others had to say about the company online.

For what? A week? Some mysterious 'points'? If you are signing up to pay nearly $3.000 what are you getting? More, I hope than a $1 TS on eBay. Unless there is something tangible that you can say you 'own', rescind. $3K is not a bad price. I've paid more for a resale TS, and Jockey club isn't the worst location for a TS, but only if it's something you want. If it's for something you hope to trade for someplace you really want to stay, rescind and buy someplace ypu want.

Jim

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I’d say rescind, only because you can get $1 TS easily.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

I too would recommend that you rescind your purchase. We toured there a few years ago and were not impressed with the resort or the people involved. Do more research as there are many better options in Las Vegas and elsewhere to consider.

Best regards.

Mike

Aquabatter

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone.
Yes, we were hoping we could go to other places - Sapphire resorts or whichever, not just in Vegas. Just thinking of doing mini trips - weekend getaways, that type of thing, to driveable destinations.

From others’ experiences with this company, is that something impossible to do?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, everyone.
Yes, we were hoping we could go to other places - Sapphire resorts or whichever, not just in Vegas. Just thinking of doing mini trips - weekend getaways, that type of thing, to driveable destinations.

From others’ experiences with this company, is that something impossible to do?

Where do you live? For weekend trips, Can’t you just buy a $1 CLub Wyndham TS for maybe 100k EY pts? Then use RCI Last minute calls for anything beyond the 100k EY pts? Seems more logical than Jockey.

Aquabatter

Reaction score
We live in California. Ooh, where can I find info for this $1 club Wyndham?

We’re rescinding. Something happened to our car so we’ll just funnel that extra expense into car repair work.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We live in California. Ooh, where can I find info for this $1 club Wyndham?

We’re rescinding. Something happened to our car so we’ll just funnel that extra expense into car repair work.

Check TSN often, daily, at https://www.timesharenation.com/resort/Wyndham-Points

I scooped up a Wyndham Grand Desert 105k EY for $1, with MF at $5.3/1k. Charge! Even though MF says $628, MF is actually $560 for me, as I’m paying $0.6/MF for the program fee for having at least 225k pts, instead of $135 flat fee for pts up to 225k. I attached a good chart of Wyndham MF.

This wyndham directory gives you an idea of what you can get http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1819/index.php#/19. $1 Wyndham Ts give you access to everything on page I.

Attachments

• 40B39F4E-22A5-41A5-AA3D-975C84BF75E6.jpeg
    40B39F4E-22A5-41A5-AA3D-975C84BF75E6.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 26

Aquabatter

Reaction score
Check TSN often, daily, at https://www.timesharenation.com/resort/Wyndham-Points

I scooped up a Wyndham Grand Desert 105k EY for $1, with MF at $5.3/1k. Charge! Even though MF says $628, MF is actually $560 for me, as I’m paying $0.6/MF for the program fee for having at least 225k pts, instead of $135 flat fee for pts up to 225k. I attached a good chart of Wyndham MF.

This wyndham directory gives you an idea of what you can get http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1819/index.php#/19. $1 Wyndham Ts give you access to everything on page I.

Great. Thank you so much.

Mattie51

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get out of a 2013 Geo Holiday/Sapphire which we thought we were buying Jockey Club TS but it was Geo 20,000 points/MF$1100 plus and going up every year ownership. They admit our salesperson lied to us, but still won’t take back. They don’t even want to see us at owners update. MF Go up every year! We just want out. It was paid off within first months of 2014. They changed names, changed rental policies(can’t even rent a studio), now promote ‘getaways for less’ cash and can’t book for less points at under 60 or 30 days. They now use the newest points instead of oldest rolled over points if/when we do travel. Mostly we just loose points after paying that large MF! Has anybody worked with Wesley Financial Group for a company to get out of TS? They promise a full refund if not successful, but also want $6000 up front to start a procedure that could take up to 18 Months, Really? Is there a way for me to send request letters to get this canceled? We don’t want our kids saddled with this burden after we are gone. We actually sold our first TS a couple years ago and cost $75 transfer fee at the county courthouse. Thanks for any suggestions.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anyone know how to get out of a 2013 Geo Holiday/Sapphire which we thought we were buying Jockey Club TS but it was Geo 20,000 points/MF$1100 plus and going up every year ownership. They admit our salesperson lied to us, but still won’t take back. They don’t even want to see us at owners update. MF Go up every year! We just want out. It was paid off within first months of 2014. They changed names, changed rental policies(can’t even rent a studio), now promote ‘getaways for less’ cash and can’t book for less points at under 60 or 30 days. They now use the newest points instead of oldest rolled over points if/when we do travel. Mostly we just loose points after paying that large MF! Has anybody worked with Wesley Financial Group for a company to get out of TS? They promise a full refund if not successful, but also want $6000 up front to start a procedure that could take up to 18 Months, Really? Is there a way for me to send request letters to get this canceled? We don’t want our kids saddled with this burden after we are gone. We actually sold our first TS a couple years ago and cost $75 transfer fee at the county courthouse. Thanks for any suggestions.

Wesley group might not offer you any positive results for which you already paid $6k.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Obviously you are far too late to rescind your purchase.

With that said, get all your maintenance fee payments up to date and then unload it.

You can unload it by posting here in the TUG Marketplace, sell it on eBay, or give it away for nothing.

If someone wants $6,000 up front then you are being Scammed. They will take your money, do nothing, and good luck getting ANY of your money back. It ain't happening. Their "money back guarantee" is BS.

Use LT Transfers to legally transfer your title to the person that you sell (or give) your Geo points to. Use: www.LTTransfers.com

DON'T PAY Wesley Financial Group one Nickel of your hard earned money!

Last edited: