- We just purchased a jockey club timeshare...triennial. the idea being that gets our foot in the door to buy extra weeks for cash. RCI is the partner. What do you all think, did we make a decent purchase? We paid 8k and the maintenance. Is 450 per year. We get 23k points every 3 years. Sapphire resorts is the name of the company. Thanks, Shawn.
- 1) Is there a vacation destination you wish to visit most of the time or on a regular basis? if so where? We like to travel to new places.
2) Do you want to visit your home resort at least half the time, or do you want to trade more than half the time? Trade.
3) What are your 5 top trade destinations? San Francisco, Maine, Southern California, Nice resorts on the East Coast
4) How many people do you usually travel with - total, including yourself? 3
5) Can you travel any time, or are you locked into the school schedule? School schedule
6) Can you make firm plans 12 or more mos. in advance? Yes!
7) Can you vacation for a full week at a time? Yes!
8) What level of accommodations do you prefer on a scale of 1 to 5 stars? 4 to 5 stars
9) How much can you afford to spend upfront, without financing? Money is not an issue
10) How much can you afford to spend every year for a maintenance fee that will come due right after Christmas, and increase each year? Again, money not an issue but we don't like to waste money
11) Are you a detail oriented planner? Yes!
12) Do you understand that once you buy a timeshare, it may be very difficult to sell or give away, and you are responsible for all fees, until you do? Yes.