• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We are moving soon, from ME to SC----see this itinerary!!!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are near on the last leg of our 3-year journey to move to our choice of a Retirement Community.

It took about a dozen trips to Florida, GA, and SC to choose.

Once we chose, we went on a mission to downsize our home, to sell.

While doing that, we started looking online for homes, in Sun City, Bluffton, SC (our choice).

It ended up, we bought the NEW home, before we sold the OLD home.

Not only that, but we have YET to even BE IN the new home, we have only seen if over two telephone chats!!!

We then did the two yard sales, charity, and are still downsizing---we are about a month away.

That above has been a DAUNTING list of things----but look at the NEXT month or so:
-----------------
UPack will deliver a 28' Trailer to my driveway on an upcoming Tuesday, then, a Local moving company will load the next day.

Two days later, without 99% of our 'Stuff', we go to sign the closing of our house.

We then have negotiated staying another week in our BARE unowned home---we sleep on a bed (fortunately) we are leaving for the new owners, with one tv, one table, 2 beach chairs, a few forks/knives/spoons, a couple of pans, etc for 7 nights!!!!

We drive away after that seven days in TWO Cars, two overnights, then to our NEW home on a Sunday..

How's that sound??

Does that make your head spin? It DOES make MINE spin---haha!

Pat
cleardot.gif

no_photo.png
ReplyForward

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I’m loving all these moving threads!

So you have never seen the house in person? Wow!

Moving is not for the faint of heart or low energy. Lol! But it’s exciting! Went through it this past year. It’s a lot of work, but before you know it you’ll be settled in!

Good luck with it!

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!! You’re living about like we are right now - well when we are home instead of Hawaii. Absolute bare minimum. When we get back from Hawaii we have about four days to move out of our apartment we’ve been renting since selling our house in September. Then we’re off to see our daughter in Florida for a month and after that?? We have no clue! Just depends on what’s going on with Covid and how freely we can move around. Our plan is to timeshare it for as long as we can.

But how exciting for you to have your new home to move to!! You’re almost there!! ❤️❤️❤️

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Good luck on your travels!! Sounds like you have done the hardest parts, deciding to sell and what to buy, and letting go of stuff. The rest is just mechanics ...;)

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Wow, sounds exciting! I don't know if I could choose a home without walking through it at least once.

We have been looking at our finances and think we will finally be in a position late next summer to tell the full time renters in our Florida condo that we wont be renewing their lease. We have rented it unfurnished since we bought it 10 years ago to pay down the mortgage. My idea, as of now, is to book 2 or 3 weeks of timeshare stay next November in the St Augustine/Daytona area while we paint, change the flooring and furnish the condo so we can use it for a few months each year. We may do monthly rentals for the summer months since we would never go south at that time of year. Of course DH thought we could just buy an air mattress, 2 beach chairs, some paper plates and plastic cutlery and live in an empty condo while renovations are done and furniture is purchased and delivered. Not!!

DH would love to be able to drive down there in late October, stay until mid -December then fly home for Christmas leaving our car at the condo. Since is it too chilly for him in St Augustine in January & February, he would like to fly from our home to Belize after Christmas to stay in the apartment we've been renting for the last 5 winters. We would then fly from Belize back to Florida in early or mid March to stay in the condo for 4-6 weeks then drive our car back home in mid April when we are sure the snow is gone.

It wont be a full time move to Florida, we cant being Canadian, but it will be good enough for me!

~Diane

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Pat, you're an inspiration! I should do something like that. Oh, wait... :D

Dave

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the floorplan of your new place? How exciting!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
You will love the area in and around Sun City. We ride by there on each trip to Hilton Head island.
It's about 20 minutes from the Sun City entrance to the island of HH, so it's very convenient, and you'll love the island too.
The actual town of Bluffton is awesome....has a village feel, and it's growing very rapidly. Several shops and boutiques,
and several fine restaurants. They have a street market on certain days, and the street is blocked off (Calhoun Street).
Several TUG members live in Sun City, and you'll find many friends there.

When you get there, I highly recommend visiting THE PEARL restaurant as your first celebratory evening out.
It's about 20 minutes away from Sun City, according to the map below (but I truly think it's much closer in reality, like 10 min).
We had dinner there last week---it was awesome.
Ask for an outside table, # 71 or 70. It's extremely romantic, and you'll enjoy it.
Couldn't think of a better way to start your new adventure. (They do practice safe-distancing with the tables,
and the employees wear masks and do things properly.)
Even though the restaurant is quite nice, the actual place looks even better than the photos below,
especially in the evening when the torches are going and the lights are strung around the ceiling and trees.
Food is superb and service amazing....a truly top-notch place, worthy of special occasions and for Foodies.

map:

photos:

Last edited:

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Congratulations! I live in HH part of the year and know people who are in Sun City. They love it! Best wishes on your trek!

Reactions: jme

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
No floor plan.

Only two '"viewing's " by our realtor as she took her phone camera around the house and yard.

When our house was being built it was kind of like that but with a lot of photos at every stage from the realtor. The house started to be built in August 2019 and we never stepped foot in it until Thanksgiving that year and it was no where near finished then.

I am so jealous of the many other buyers here who live within driving distance and can come every week- and some every day- to keep on top of the construction. Our builder didn’t want us in the house until an hour before closing! Lots of things photos do not show I can tell you that! With these other buyers he lets them even move some stuff in before closing!

Anyway, hope your home is everything you want it to be!

arch53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Congratulations from a fellow Maine resident. I am sure you will not miss the long Maine winters that transition to mud season and black flies. South Carolina in Jan-April will sure be different but I do not envy you the moving part (although it should be great once you are settled in).

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Wishing you a smooth transition. Keep us posted :)

I also love to read all the moving threads/buying a second home. Thank you.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
No floor plan.

Only two '"viewing's " by our realtor as she took her phone camera around the house and yard.
Exactly how I purchased my current 55+ home and I love it. Congratulation, it is an exciting time for you.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Good Luck on your moving adventure

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
After buying the house and renovating it across the street a few years ago we decided against moving and sold it. Prior to that we purchased another house on our street that we kept renting to the same people for the last 6 years and now are renovating. We thought about moving there but no chance. All 3 houses have the same bones.

Bought a beach hose 2 years ago and now I. The process of buying one two doors down and will make the move with the better stuff out of the two. All townhouses so not too far.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear more as your new adventure unfolds! Good luck!

Dori

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new home purchase! We are in the process ourselves and we will be homeless for 2 months and 5 days, as we are selling and moving out before the new home is completed. Lots of Residence Inn and some timeshare stay to tide us over.

Last edited:

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will love the area in and around Sun City. We ride by there on each trip to Hilton Head island.
It's about 20 minutes from the Sun City entrance to the island of HH, so it's very convenient, and you'll love the island too.
The actual town of Bluffton is awesome....has a village feel, and it's growing very rapidly. Several shops and boutiques,
and several fine restaurants. They have a street market on certain days, and the street is blocked off (Calhoun Street).
Several TUG members live in Sun City, and you'll find many friends there.

When you get there, I highly recommend visiting THE PEARL restaurant as your first celebratory evening out.
It's about 20 minutes away from Sun City, according to the map below (but I truly think it's much closer in reality, like 10 min).
We had dinner there last week---it was awesome.
Ask for an outside table, # 71 or 70. It's extremely romantic, and you'll enjoy it.
Couldn't think of a better way to start your new adventure. (They do practice safe-distancing with the tables,
and the employees wear masks and do things properly.)
Even though the restaurant is quite nice, the actual place looks even better than the photos below,
especially in the evening when the torches are going and the lights are strung around the ceiling and trees.
Food is superb and service amazing....a truly top-notch place, worthy of special occasions and for Foodies.

map:

photos:

Marty,

I'll refer back to this when I have get there (and hopefully have more time)---haha

Pat

• Love
Reactions: jme

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m loving all these moving threads!

So you have never seen the house in person? Wow!

Moving is not for the faint of heart or low energy. Lol! But it’s exciting! Went through it this past year. It’s a lot of work, but before you know it you’ll be settled in!

Good luck with it!

I followed along with YOUR journey, it was different from mine, but knowing some info would be helpful to me.

I will miss New England in the Summer----that's for sure. (but not Jan/Feb!!!)

Thanks

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations from a fellow Maine resident. I am sure you will not miss the long Maine winters that transition to mud season and black flies. South Carolina in Jan-April will sure be different but I do not envy you the moving part (although it should be great once you are settled in).

Thanks for the well-wishes. I am hoping snakes (not afraid of ---YET) aren't worse than mosquitoes/black flies

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly how I purchased my current 55+ home and I love it. Congratulation, it is an exciting time for you.

I have followed most of your threads this year, and gained info from them.

Our is 55+ too.

Pat