• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We are moving soon, from ME to SC----see this itinerary!!!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck on your travels!! Sounds like you have done the hardest parts, deciding to sell and what to buy, and letting go of stuff. The rest is just mechanics ...;)

It just seems like the next 4 weeks-----packing into a trailer, driving south, etc----may be the hardest of it all.
(then the 'settling in'----yet another 'phase')

We've been through a lot-----we know we have more to come.............

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
January and February are fine here. It's March that gets me. If you've been here awhile, you'll remember Kevin Mannix on Channel 6. I remember my first winter here, I was counting days until spring. And then HE comes on the news in late March and says, "Folks, remember. April is a winter month in Maine. And sometimes May is, too." I was ready to make tracks back to Missouri for sure! ;)

Congratulations on your new home!

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
January and February are fine here. It's March that gets me. If you've been here awhile, you'll remember Kevin Mannix on Channel 6. I remember my first winter here, I was counting days until spring. And then HE comes on the news in late March and says, "Folks, remember. April is a winter month in Maine. And sometimes May is, too." I was ready to make tracks back to Missouri for sure! ;)
Reminds of what it was like in Minnesota when I grew up there. The seasons were winter, deep winter, and enough-already winter. Oh, the other seasons were 'mud-and-mosquito' and 'winter's coming' but they were short!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Reminds of what it was like in Minnesota when I grew up there. The seasons were winter, deep winter, and enough-already winter. Oh, the other seasons were 'mud-and-mosquito' and 'winter's coming' but they were short!

Same kind of thing: I'd always heard it was "Pre Winter," "Winter," "Post Winter," and "Next Winter." :D

Dave

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same kind of thing: I'd always heard it was "Pre Winter," "Winter," "Post Winter," and "Next Winter." :D
Dave
Spot on! Over time, I even added a couple more, usually occurring right after "enough-already winter": I'm-Outta-Here Winter, and United Van Lines Winter!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Congratulations on your new home!

Oh, I remember Kevin Mannix, as I have been a 'Mainer' for 60 years.

It's still Jan/Feb for me-----I have golfed in Maine as late as Dec 13th, and as early as Feb 26th---March has offered a few more opportunities.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
In the Northeast- I don’t mind November and mid- April. I don’t like December and January - long and dark.

I actually like February. Things lighten up and the weather is often exciting with the snow storms. Both January and February can get bitter cold, though.

March I hate because it’s like a tease and pretty much miserable.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
While we New Englanders will have to agree to disagree which winter months are the worst----I know that going to South Carolina,
I will be able to GOLF in December, January, February and March 2021.......................

yippee!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
While we New Englanders will have to agree to disagree which winter months are the worst----I know that going to South Carolina,
I will be able to GOLF in December, January, February and March 2021.......................

yippee!

That's precisely why I left Washington State - and I'm not even a golfer! :D

Dave

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's precisely why I left Washington State - and I'm not even a golfer! :D

Dave
My husband is from Portland Oregon and he hated the weather there. I loved Portland when I used to travel for work but then I did not need to live with cold and rain for a big part of the year.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did NOT downsize enough (though we thought we tried).

First Trailer 26' FULL.

Second Trailer 12' filled.

We have 2 Honda CR-Vs that will be FULL driving from Maine to SC, starting Thursday.......

Moving to a smaller home, we likely won't park either car in garage for months.

It's snowing in Maine as I write----at least it won't be snowing in SC Sunday!!!

Pat