• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We are finally Granite Staters!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Glad to hear you are in your new place. Enjoy living there. You can take your time unpacking, just enjoy your new surroundings.
Silentg

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Are you a follow of Dr. Spock, the science officer, of Star Trek “Live Long and Prosper.”

I think you mean Mr. Spock. Dr. Spock was a baby doctor.

Dave

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Fantastic! Stock up on groceries and just hunker in and enjoy the snow. There's always that "man cave" below to add what you don't want upstairs to. ;)

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thanks everyone! I have a different take on unpacking. I think the best thing to do is get most everything out of boxes as soon as possible as to have some sense of normalcy again. We started packing back in August and have been living out of boxes ever since! I never want to see another cardboard box for as long as I live! (I know- hard to do with my Amazon orders. LOL!)

I don't sleep well anyway, so yesterday I decided why stay in bed hoping I can fall back asleep when my mind is going a mile a minute? So I got up, had breakfast and started hitting the boxes once again. My husband and I worked non stop until around 5pm, and that included chopping away the rock solid ice the road plow left in front of our driveway. (Here we now have a teeny, tiny driveway, compared with the steep , 700 foot one we used to have- which we thought would be a piece of cake to maintain!). Did laundry, food shopped and also cooked dinner on top of it. The full moon put me in high gear!

Hubby flattened the boxes and threw them out along with tons of bags of packing paper. He said there was plenty of room in the dumpsters. Hopefully that was ok to do. Not sure of all the HOA rules with that. I do know on Facebook I asked if anyone else was having an issue with the plow guy blocking their driveways and received just once answer (out of like 30 people viewing!) stating that it is the same as a town plow doing it. Ummmm.....not really. The snow and ice he moved and left in front of our driveway prevented us from getting out of the driveway! That never happened with our long nightmare driveway in terms of due to the town plows. Snow we could at least have shoveled out, but this was rock hard ice.

From now on on winter we are going to back our cars in just in case. But I think it is weird that not one person answered me about their own driveways. I wonder if this is one of those developments where people are afraid to say anything. If so, I am in BIG trouble! :oops: LOL! I did notice most people did not have snow/ice in front of theirs and even the new construction across the street- the plow guy made sure it was all clear in front.

Anyhow, I am determined to finish the majority of boxes today. I told my husband I also think we should take all the paintings out of the boxes and place them inside the house instead of leaving them boxed in the garage. When they are in our way it will make us hang them up sooner rather than later.This week will be administrative stuff- health insurances, changing of our address and drivers licenses/ car registrations. You can see I don't do procrastination.:D

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks everyone! I have a different take on unpacking. I think the best thing to do is get most everything out of boxes as soon as possible as to have some sense of normalcy again. We started packing back in August and have been living out of boxes ever since! I never want to see another cardboard box for as long as I live! (I know- hard to do with my Amazon orders. LOL!)

I don't sleep well anyway, so yesterday I decided why stay in bed hoping I can fall back asleep when my mind is going a mile a minute? So I got up, had breakfast and started hitting the boxes once again. My husband and I worked non stop until around 5pm, and that included chopping away the rock solid ice the road plow left in front of our driveway. (Here we now have a teeny, tiny driveway, compared with the steep , 700 foot one we used to have- which we thought would be a piece of cake to maintain!). Did laundry, food shopped and also cooked dinner on top of it. The full moon put me in high gear!

Hubby flattened the boxes and threw them out along with tons of bags of packing paper. He said there was plenty of room in the dumpsters. Hopefully that was ok to do. Not sure of all the HOA rules with that. I do know on Facebook I asked if anyone else was having an issue with the plow guy blocking their driveways and received just once answer (out of like 30 people viewing!) stating that it is the same as a town plow doing it. Ummmm.....not really. The snow and ice he moved and left in front of our driveway prevented us from getting out of the driveway! That never happened with our long nightmare driveway in terms of due to the town plows. Snow we could at least have shoveled out, but this was rock hard ice.

From now on on winter we are going to back our cars in just in case. But I think it is weird that not one person answered me about their own driveways. I wonder if this is one of those developments where people are afraid to say anything. If so, I am in BIG trouble! :oops: LOL! I did notice most people did not have snow/ice in front of theirs and even the new construction across the street- the plow guy made sure it was all clear in front.

Anyhow, I am determined to finish the majority of boxes today. I told my husband I also think we should take all the paintings out of the boxes and place them inside the house instead of leaving them boxed in the garage. When they are in our way it will make us hang them up sooner rather than later.This week will be administrative stuff- health insurances, changing of our address and drivers licenses/ car registrations. You can see I don't do procrastination.:D
Do I understand correctly, the snow plow guy is privately hired from the association? If yes, call the management company to ask them to tell the plow company to please try to do better next time.

oldred

Reaction score
I'm jealous. Moved to NH six years ago and then two years ago moved back to Upstate NY. I'm retired but the wife's work and family obligations brought us back. I really enjoyed living there.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

I did notice most people did not have snow/ice in front of theirs and even the new construction across the street- the plow guy made sure it was all clear in front.
Maybe the snow plow guys do not know that you have moved in. Contact the HOA and ask who you should notify that your home is now occupied.

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Mary Ann and hubby. Less cleaning and less taxes sounds like a win, win!! Once everything is unpacked you will feel like you are on vacation as you have a whole new world to explore.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Maybe the snow plow guys do not know that you have moved in. Contact the HOA and ask who you should notify that your home is now occupied.

Oh they know. Both cars are in the driveway.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Do I understand correctly, the snow plow guy is privately hired from the association? If yes, call the management company to ask them to tell the plow company to please try to do better next time.

Yes. Hired by the HOA. Same guy that was mad when I told him I was getting several quotes for snow blowing our driveway until we could move. Caught an attitude and never gave me a quote so I got someone else. He does take care of a lot of driveways on the community privately as well.

Another thing with our driveway is it is north facing and gets no sun all day so things ice up quickly and nothing melts.

The board members are on the Facebook page and I know for sure they read my post but did not respond. Got 2 more responses and people just said the guy does the best he can and welcome to snowy N.H. They must view us as stupid newbies. Meanwhile, we lived in a rural area area entire lives mostly and in a more secluded setting with lots of snow and a wicked driveway as well. I guess we are the only ones with this issue. Everyone else’s driveway looks clear. SMH...

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Yes. Hired by the HOA. Same guy that was mad when I told him I was getting several quotes for snow blowing our driveway until we could move. Caught an attitude and never gave me a quote so I got someone else. He does take care of a lot of driveways on the community privately as well.

Another thing with our driveway is it is north facing and gets no sun all day so things ice up quickly and nothing melts.

The board members are on the Facebook page and I know for sure they read my post but did not respond. Got 2 more responses and people just said the guy does the best he can and welcome to snowy N.H. They must view us as stupid newbies. Meanwhile, we lived in a rural area area entire lives mostly and in a more secluded setting with lots of snow and a wicked driveway as well. I guess we are the only ones with this issue. Everyone else’s driveway looks clear. SMH...
Still call the HOA and complain. It is possible because you did not hire him he is not doing the best he can. Also try to take photos of the closest neighbor facing north if theirs is better then yours.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So glad to read this thread and know that you're finally in your home. Hope every day gets better than the day before and soon you'll be all settled in.