• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We are finally Granite Staters!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Well- we finally made the big move! We realized a few weeks ago that we probably should have moved sooner. We overshot the time we thought it would take to move once we closed on the new house (12/31). Plus we were trying to take care of last minute odds and ends, like getting medical records and getting tax forms in the mail, having the mail forwarded, packing, etc.

But we were getting antsy in the rental house and I contacted the movers last Thursday to ask if they could move the date up a week and thankfully they were able to load us up this past Tuesday! It was such a relief to leave the rental house! We notified the landlords (the buyers of our former home) and they were able to get renters for March so we did not have to pay for the March rent or utilities and oil and propane, so that was great! Will hopefully be getting our security deposit back in the mail soon which will come in handy.

As we knew we would be tired, we each drove our 2 cars (which were also loaded down with stuff) about an hour and a half north after the movers left, and after we cleaned up the rental house, and stayed in a Best Western I booked ahead of time. The following morning we then drove the 4 1/2 hours to our new home! Thankfully the weather cooperated, as you just don't know this time of year.

Then , the following day the movers came with our stuff. I had a lot of anxiety because the weather was not good-sleet and freezing rain, starting off as snow. They were coming up from New Jersey- a 7 hour trip! They arrived late understandably and were here about 5 hours- only 2 of them! We were shocked as 3 guys loaded us and the last moving company had 4 guys doing the loading and unloading!

Imagine driving 7 hours and then doing back breaking work for 5 hours and then driving back 7 hours in horrible weather! Needless to say we tipped them generously. Just moving my husband's 777 lb safe- on snow ( we did hire a guy to make a path for the movers and clear our driveway as well)- it was hell for these 2 guys. I felt so bad.

But- thank goodness the movers came yesterday because today was the New England weather from hell with snow, sleet, freezing rain, frigid temps and 40 mile per hour wind gusts! We were going to go out for pizza but ended up having to stay in and having canned soup and sandwiches. Have to get some food shopping done tomorrow.

We also were lucky today as the internet installer called and came first thing in the morning instead of the afternoon, when the weather was worse. We are happy to have TV and internet.

We have been working like dogs unpacking from early morning to late at night. Got the kitchen done today and started on my office, but we have tons more to do, of course. Our legs and feet hurt like hell.

As Panina stated when she moved- and she and her husband are younger than us- it is very hard to do this kind of move when you are older. We are thankfully healthy, but it is truly exhausting. I am overwhelmed with everything that has to be done, plus just the day to day stuff everyone has to do on top of it.

For now, since it is the weekend we will continue to concentrate on unpacking. Then when Monday business day rolls around I will start to take care of administrative tasks-finish changing our address with health insurance companies and so forth and also changing those insurances. We intend to do the DMV thing also, which in NH involves going to 2 separate places= one for the license is done on the state level in the capital of Concord (about an hour from here) and one for the car registration and registering to vote on the local level in the city we live in.

In between we will continue to unpack and get organized. Getting rid of all the boxes and packing paper is going to be another challenge as they have pretty small dumpsters in this community that fill up quickly. They also do not recycle here in this community which takes getting used to, but I must admit makes things easy. Also- no bottle return either in NH.

I alerted the builder that we are now here in the hopes that he will start to schedule workers to get our punch list taken care of. Seems like we are adding more things on it than have been taken off! Very annoying! He is building 2 other homes right now so he has workers going in and out of those and they should be able to take care of us also at some point.

So anyway, we made it! Just wanted to let you all know! It has been a long journey! And I am sure another long journey ahead of us as we adjust to our new life!

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, congratulations, once again! You have come so very far these last months, it has to feel good to finally be in the last place. You don't need to rush to unpack - those boxes may be in the way, but they're also not going anywhere. Take it slow and easy, because once you're done, you can relax even more.

Enjoy your new home. You've earned it. :)

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Well my friend, we both did it, we moved. The hardest part is behind us.

Just accept that you will be looking at boxes for some time and things will eventually get done. I am so happy I moved now versus in a few years. I can’t even imagine doing it again. I know you understand.

Whereas my home is functional I still am not fully unpack nor are all service appointments done nor all paperwork. Between moving, running to NY due to moms issues and getting the flu I just decided I had enough and am in Florida. Next week I will go back home and deal with it all. What I am trying to show, no need to aggregate yourself trying to get everything done fast, it will get done. Just try to enjoy that you are where you wanted to be. To me that is everything.

Now if you just want to get away, lmk, I have Ac’s and lots of extra weeks and I am sure we could find something for you to get away to.

I am so happy for you. I know moving was right for you. Congratulations, I wish you the best and much happiness in your new home.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Mary Ann! Glad you are in your new home with YOUR roof over your heads. In time, you'll forget the hard bits and just remember the warm, happy feeling of having all the drudgery behind you.

Welcome! Granite Stater!

Jim

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Congratulations!! Now it’s time to enjoy. Before you know it, you’ll have things organized the way you want and you’ll be checking out your new surroundings.

It was a long journey and it’s great you got lucky with the weather at the end!!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations now is the time to enjoy your digs and the state of NH.
The travel journey is over sit back and enjoy.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I very big congratulations to the both of you. I wish you both many happy memories in your new place.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Lots of people are looking for free boxes. Break them down and advertise a give awayon your local Facebook group or community bulletin board.

glad you made it to your retirement home. Good luck.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Congratulations on the new home! :)

I hope you get settled in enough for it to feel like home soon. Everything does not need to be unpacked - just enough to make each room feel like yours. Who knows, you may decide some things are no longer needed. That happened to us when we downsized. Quite a few things that seemed to be must keep items just did not seem so important in our new home. About 3 months later, we donated a lot of stuff to a Battered Women's Shelter for women who were relocating. Clothes went to a thrift store.

After having to clean out my mother's house 10 years ago, we have made a conscious effort to give away things we have not used in the past year.

Last edited:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!

Try to take some deep breaths in between. It should all start to be a little less stress moving forward. Take your time. One thing at a time. I know I would want to get everything done and finally be all settled but it takes time and there is and always will be something to do/a list. I scratch off two things accomplished and add three more, I scratch off one and add two more and it goes and on. It's all good.

Enjoy making some new wonderful memories!!!

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Congratulations on surviving and thriving! By the time I read about the internet installer arriving early, my eyes were moist.
We retired and moved at 65, first into a rental and 8 months later into a house. Pretty easy. 10 years later health caused us to move again--a BIG difference. Only 100 miles south, and we stayed in a timeshare during moving week so we could walk away from half-empty boxes, but still it challenged us. Your decision was the right one.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
May your new abode be blessed. Congratulations.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Maryanne, congrats on moving to your new home. It has to feel great to be there... take you time and unpack a little at a time...I'm so happy for you...

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Congratulations! Wonderful to hear it worked out well and the weather cooperated. Unpack enough to make it feel like your home. But, take your time and just enjoy. You hand selected the house and lot. Enjoy your new community. Take a deep breathe and savor your new chapter. It has been a pleasure to follow you on your journey and to support your endeavors.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Congratulations on the *final* move. There's no better feeling that finally completing a project that has been looming over your head for awhile. Enjoy your new home!

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Best news I have heard all day. Live long and prosper.