• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WDW Resort Availability End of 2021

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
Not sure if this is in another discussion or not, so forgive me if it is......

We were planning a large family trip to WDW in December of 2020, and like many others, had to cancel. I’ve been watching RCI and other places as to the availability of a rent/trade into DVC, and noticed quite the inventory on RCI. The obvious reasons being the inability of millions to travel and the limited availability of the parks.

Question is, once things start to normalize and people start to get back out there (hopefully by fall ish), what are your thoughts as to the availability in WDW? Still readily available? Back to the way it was in 2019? Or even less availability with everyone trying to get their Disney fix?

We have been to Disney several times and are used to the crowds, that’s not the issue. Trying to decide if I want to actively try to rent, or trade via RCI or DVC member. If everyone suddenly floods DVC in WDW, this could potentially push the DVC availability even lower than 2019 making the already difficult RCI trade even more difficult. If this is the case I need to rent now.

Thoughts?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
DVC made several changes to the banking and borrowing rules for owners in response to the COVID-19 closures and travel restrictions. The result is that due to people postponing travel as well as those rule changes, there will be an excess of DVC points available in 2021, 2022 and possibly into 2023. Booking for owners for early December 2021 opened up this week, and already some room categories are sold out. I and many others expect December 2021 (all of fall 2021, actually) to be booked up by owners. OTOH Disney has its own inventory that it can release for cash bookings and RCI exchanges, but I would not expect them to put much into RCI when they can rent those villas for cash. Overall, I think the forecast would be for “even less availability” for RCI trades, but of course there are owners who rent, including those who make speculative reservations and rent them out, so some bookings being made by owners now may appear on the rental market later. But if you want to rent for dates later in December, you need to contact an owner now so they can make your reservation as soon as the 11 month window opens for those dates.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
We’ve been watching the discussions in the DVC Forum so we were expecting some of this. The biggest issue being the sudden influx of “extra” points into the system.

We also expect there to be rooms/resorts that usually book up, to book up. Just not entirely sure that rooms that are usually deposited into RCI will still be deposited. Guess we will watch and weigh our options.