• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waterfront Restaurants in St. Pete

markmaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I are going to be at Smuggler's Cove at Bradenton Beach in a couple of weeks. We have friends that live in Port Richey and I was thinking that maybe we could meet in St. Petersburg for dinner which is about 50 minutes for each of us. My wife and I like a variety of foods while our friends are meat and potato people. Can anyone recommend a nice, moderately priced (I'm paying the bill) restaurant on the water that we all might enjoy?

Thanks,
Mark

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a rotating restaurant

Hi atop of what used to be a holiday in but I forget what it is now. I think they serve food but have always been there for drinks as the sun was setting.

You could also try the hurricane which is across the street from st. Pete Beach and they have a few different levels in which you can see the water, but while they serve dinner inside there are decks you can hang out on the outside.

There is a real fancy place at the Don Cesar but it is not moderate.

amanda14

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 more

On Tierra Verde going towards fort desoto is Billy's which has great stone crab when in season. It is on a canal

markmaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! I'm wondering if the Hurricane is the same company that has The Hurricane in Ogunquit, Maine?

Any more tips would be appreciated :)

Mark

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pier

You could always meet at the Pier in downtown St. Pete (not beach). Cha Cha Cocunuts in on upper level and average priced. Columbia is also there and it is pricier.

There is a Sam Seltzer's steakhouse on Route 19 in South Clearwater. Not too pricey and have steaks, seafood and chicken.

If you don't settle on a place I'll try to think of more that aren't too difficult to get to.

I also like a place called Caddies which is on the beach near where St. Pete Beach and Treasure Island meet. This isn't a fancy place, best place to eat are the picnic tables outside. Ribs are their specialty, but they have great Fish and Chips and burgers.

Nancy

Last edited:

markmaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again all. I've asked our friends if they'd meet us at Crabby Bills, the one on Gulf Blvd.

It's snowing really hard up here in Maine right now so I'm ready to travel ;)

Mark

amanda14

TUG Member
Reaction score
Crabby Bill's Must be good

Because it has been there so long, but I can't eat there once I see that guys mug on the sign.

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a "Sloppy Joe's" franchise on Treasure Island. I've eaten at a restaurant on the north end of St. Pete's that is on the water. It used to be called "The Sloppy Pelican", but it was sold since the last time I was there. They had a pretty good grouper sandwich. It is right across the street from "Dirty Dick's".

ajamesshaw

Reaction score
The Hurricane at pass-a-grille(south st pete beach)

just wanted to vote for the best beach restaurant, just down the road from the Don Cesar. Blackened Grouper, Great View, its been ten years and I can picture it now...
That was always our favorite beach to visit when we lived in east hillsborough county, great spot.

Last edited:

Jim Bryan

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed down to the Hurricane on Pass a grille on the left Just a bit past the Don are two nice restaurants. Old Florida style decor.

markmaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim........Any idea as to what the name of those restaurants may be? I called Crabby Bill's and they don't take reservations for parties of less than 8, but told me to call the day we're coming and they'll see what they can do for us. I would like to have a back up plan!

Thanks,
Mark

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Wharf

I think the other one is The Wharf. It is quite rustic, but good food. I've only been to it, not Sea Critters.

Nancy

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had lunch at Sea Critters about two years ago. We got in just before they were closing. I don't remember if they were only open for Breakfast and lunch or closed after lunch and reopened for dinner.

markmaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that we're going to try to get into Crabby Bill's next week. Thanks for everyone's suggests. Now we have a back up plan if they're too busy.

Happy trails :D

Mark