• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Washington Redskins new name list.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last time this came up the Indian community was Meh on the issue. The cancel culture is a PITA .

That may have something to do with the fact that Ol' Danny Boy claimed the name "honored" Native Americans some time ago, of choosing only the polls and surveys that would better his fame and fortune ego. Keep in mind that he promised to provide opportunities to Tribal communities

"The mission, Snyder wrote in an open letter that spring, was “to provide meaningful and measurable resources that provide genuine opportunities for Tribal communities.”

"Snyder formed WROAF in response to criticism over his team’s racist name; that at least some of the funding was directed toward high schools that used “Redskins” as their mascot name; and that he cut back his support when public scrutiny waned following the resolution of a lawsuit over the team’s trademark. After distributing nearly $3.7 million in contributions to Native American communities in its first year, the foundation’s annual giving dropped to about $1.6 million from March 2015–February 2016; to around $650,000 from March 2016–February 2017; and just more than $300,000 from March 2017–February 2018, according to publicly available tax forms. In the fiscal year ending in February 2018—the most recently available form on the IRS’s website—the foundation also spent more than $800,000 on operating and administration expenses, more than 2 1/2 times what it donated. Those expenses included about $500,000 on employee salary and benefits and nearly $100,000 on travel, conferences and meetings. A USA Today report cited an additional tax record for March 2018–February 2019 reporting $0 in contributions made by the foundation."

No surprise, it’s turned out to be a window-dressing sham.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know . . . The Washington Campaign Contributions?

After all The Green Bay Packers were named after a company. . . and campaign contributions are the biggest business in DC. . . .:p

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What Washington really needs is an owner who believe in the team concept. IMHO.

I personally do not like any of the names.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
could be - there's the Toledo Mud Hens
Washington Warriors, Washington Renegades or Washington RedHawks

I keep seeing some version of this cartoon

View attachment 23594
Getting off the subject here, but what about Hooters ? I always found it offensive....

Washington and Redskins are both under the radar Redskins, yes in the past. Washington state Washington DC, the dollar bill... should be interesting.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
We Clevelanders will likely need a new name for our Indians. We affectionately refer to the team as The Tribe and I would love to see the official name be the Cleveland Tribe.
Per yourdictionary.com:The definition of a tribe is a group of people, or a community with similar values or interests, a group with a common ancestor, or a common leader. Other sources define it similarly.
Wonder if my choice would be acceptable.....

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I heard an interesting idea on the radio this morning from one of the national sports radio guys but I can’t remember which one. He suggested making it the Washington Americans and have the new logo be some type of acknowledgement or tribute to native Americans.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How about the “DC Politicians”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Washington DC's city bird is a wood trush. Maybe they could be the Washington Big Wood, lol.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We Clevelanders will likely need a new name for our Indians. We affectionately refer to the team as The Tribe and I would love to see the official name be the Cleveland Tribe.
Per yourdictionary.com:The definition of a tribe is a group of people, or a community with similar values or interests, a group with a common ancestor, or a common leader. Other sources define it similarly.
Wonder if my choice would be acceptable.....

When I think of Cleveland I think of three things. Drew Carey, Fat Head Brewery and the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. Nice place, imo.

Bill

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
When I think of Cleveland I think of three things. Drew Carey, Fat Head Brewery and the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. Nice place, imo.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. As a Queens girl who married a Chicago boy, I am so happy we ended up in CLE!
after moving to Bay Village from Peoria IL to me, the city seems more Mid-Atlantic than Midwest, especially the east side suburbs. Excellent cultural venues, Michael Symon, a gorgeous lake, reasonable real estate, lots of golf, easy to get tickets to the NFL, MLB & NBA games, generally decent weather (today is pure sunshine, temps in the low 80s and low humidity), the West Side Market, a vibrant Chinatown and Little Italy, world-renowned hospitals,,,,,,

Come visit!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Washington Scarlet Oaks -- the official tree of D.C.
After all, there's the Ohio State Buckeyes.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Move out of the Washington area and forget the Washington part of the name forever.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Move out out the Washington area and forget the Washington part of the name forever.

Maybe they could be the D.C. Ducks, lol.

Bill

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Whatever name is chosen, it will always be a reference to revisionist history.
Woke is broke.