• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wanted: Sheraton Vistana Villages 95,700 SO

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Looking for a low priced sale of a mandatory phase 95,700 StarOptions week at SVV.

David

Last edited:

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll pay closing in exchange for a free (or very low priced sale) of a mandatory phase 95,700 StarOptions week at SVV.

David
fyi, what your asking for generlly goes for around $2k on ebay PLUS closing.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Looks like that's an Amelia unit ... so no StarOptions, right?

But the ad says 95.7 star options and it also says Key west, so wouldn't that mean SO?

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
But the ad says 95.7 star options and it also says Key west, so wouldn't that mean SO?

The ad says Key West in the title, but the unit numbers looked high to me (I own in Key West) so I checked this map -- and it looks like units 28501 and 28502 are in Amelia:

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh119/DeniseMM/SheratonVistanaVillages6-09.jpg

It could be a real bargain if it turns out it is a Key West lockoff ... or, it could be a bust if it turns out it's an Amelia unit.

Just wanted potential bidders to be wary and check things out carefully ....

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The ad says Key West in the title, but the unit numbers looked high to me (I own in Key West) so I checked this map -- and it looks like units 28501 and 28502 are in Amelia:

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh119/DeniseMM/SheratonVistanaVillages6-09.jpg

It could be a real bargain if it turns out it is a Key West lockoff ... or, it could be a bust if it turns out it's an Amelia unit.

Just wanted potential bidders to be wary and check things out carefully ....

WOW, That's very nice of you to put that red flag up, I thought it was a key west because it said it was, guess someone could have bid then rescinded because it wasn't what they thought and it would have taught the seller a lesson.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also check about seller.
Affordable luxury is one of the least recommended seller by tuggers.
There are numerous complaints about the seller.

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142224&highlight=luxury+vacation

Here is the link to the TUG thread aobut this seller. This is why TUG is great- I would have taken this ad at face value, seen the 99.5% satifaction rating on ebay and been another dissaatisfied customer!

However, as I read the feedback, it is for purses and accessories rather than timeshares.

Last edited:

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You never know -- some of my best buys have been from sellers who have no idea what they're selling and the mistakes can be in the buyer's favor. I picked up an SVV a few years ago from a seller who advertised it as an SVR -- SVR pictures and everything. I was pretty sure the unit number didn't correspond to an SVR unit -- and picked up a mandatory unit for ~$300 back in the days when they were selling for ~$3000. I told the seller he would have gotten more money if he had advertised it correctly ... pretty much gave him an opportunity to back out ... he didn't care. They had never used it and just wanted to stop paying maintenance fees.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Unit is definitely in Amelia.....

I just called Vistana Villages directly and spoke to the front desk. Unit 28501/2 is definitely in the Amelia section (which is voluntary, no options transfer). So either the reseller has their village (Key West) wrong, or they have their unit number wrong......I'm guessing they have the wrong village.

David

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just called Vistana Villages directly and spoke to the front desk. Unit 28501/2 is definitely in the Amelia section (which is voluntary, no options transfer). So either the reseller has their village (Key West) wrong, or they have their unit number wrong......I'm guessing they have the wrong village.

David

Man, that really sucks that the seller isn't checking for accuracy since I only read a couple of reviews and one of them the seller admits he advertised incorrectly, but gave the money back in a timely manner. Makes me wonder.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
STAY AWAY FROM THAT SELLER unless you are willing to spend a LOT of time and effort verifying information and following up on closing. What he is advertising and what you *think* you are buying, more than often isn't what he is selling. His listings are notoriously sloppy/wrong. His "closing process" (term used very loosely) is even worse.

Hmmmm?... He "gave money back in a timely manner"? Many TUG members who have dealt with him (including me) had to file complaints with PayPal, eBay, and their credit card company to get a refund.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
STAY AWAY FROM THAT SELLER unless you are willing to spend a LOT of time and effort verifying information and following up on closing. What he is advertising and what you *think* you are buying, more than often isn't what he is selling. His listings are notoriously sloppy/wrong. His "closing process" (term used very loosely) is even worse.

Hmmmm?... He "gave money back in a timely manner"? Many TUG members who have dealt with him (including me) had to file complaints with PayPal, eBay, and their credit card company to get a refund.

Thanks for all this info, anyone know anything about tttimeshares?

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all this info, anyone know anything about tttimeshares?

tttimeshares -- if that's uri fried's company in Wisconsin (I think), I've bought from him several times and everything has been great. As always, verify what you're buying with the resort -- they do a lot of volume and mistakes are made.

A long-time Tugger reported a problem with uri's company many years ago ... his complaint was likely valid. Knowing that, I proceeded extra carefully the first time, but had zero problems and great service from his staff.