• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wanted: 2 or 3 BR - Williamsburg, VA - August week

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 9, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day
Reaction score
Trying for a family vacation this summer, want to see if there is any last minute availability for a 2 or 3 bedroom in Williamsburg from either 8/8-8/15 or 8/22-8/29, prefer Wyndham Governors Green but Kingsgate is also ok. Please let me know price, location, size, and dates. Thank you!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Trying for a family vacation this summer, want to see if there is any last minute availability for a 2 or 3 bedroom in Williamsburg from either 8/8-8/15 or 8/22-8/29, prefer Wyndham Governors Green but Kingsgate is also ok. Please let me know price, location, size, and dates. Thank you!

Maybe somebody has an available reservation but right now, none of the Wyndham resorts in Wmsburg has anything for either of your two weeks.

Reaction score
Maybe somebody has an available reservation but right now, none of the Wyndham resorts in Wmsburg has anything for either of your two weeks.
Hi Jim! That's funny, I was just about to send you a PM. Thank you for checking and letting me know, I appreciate it!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Hi Jim! That's funny, I was just about to send you a PM. Thank you for checking and letting me know, I appreciate it!

August in Williamsburg normally is not difficult to book. It can be pretty steamy. This year has not been normal in many ways.

I have a reservation at Patriots' Place for August 5-15 that I booked on June 5. I haven't seen much in Wmsburg since and even less at Governors' Green, our first choice of resorts by quite a lot. The one thing Patriots' Place has is that lock off units are way easier to book than at Governors' Green. And, since I'll be teleworking on the week days, lock offs are better. My wife doesn't feel like she's banished to a bedroom.

I'll keep checking. I do that anyway even though I'm out of points for the year. Seven months into my use year and I'm at zero balance. Had to borrow points for the last reservation I booked.

Reaction score
August in Williamsburg normally is not difficult to book. It can be pretty steamy. This year has not been normal in many ways.

I have a reservation at Patriots' Place for August 5-15 that I booked on June 5. I haven't seen much in Wmsburg since and even less at Governors' Green, our first choice of resorts by quite a lot. The one thing Patriots' Place has is that lock off units are way easier to book than at Governors' Green. And, since I'll be teleworking on the week days, lock offs are better. My wife doesn't feel like she's banished to a bedroom.

I'll keep checking. I do that anyway even though I'm out of points for the year. Seven months into my use year and I'm at zero balance. Had to borrow points for the last reservation I booked.
Thanks Jim, but I think I found something. It's someplace I have never stayed, not my top choice, but all I could find at a reasonable price for the dates I needed. I hope you have fun on your trip. I was sad to find out the huge Yankee candle store has closed down. We always loved going there, making candles and seeing Santa with the kids. It's been a few years since I've been to Williamsburg, I wonder what else has changed... Anyway, thanks again and take care!

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 9, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day