• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Walk through metal detectors coming to Disney

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
What surprises me is that they haven't been doing it already. Seems like they should be checking for explosives also.

I know some will disagree because of a loss of personal freedom, but personal safety within the parks should be the number one concern.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
What surprises me is that they haven't been doing it already. Seems like they should be checking for explosives also.

I know some will disagree because of a loss of personal freedom, but personal safety within the parks should be the number one concern.

Agree 100%. I've always seen theme parks as ripe targets just waiting to be exploited. I'm completely game for metal detectors and the delay that will cause. Also agree with the costume restriction for anyone over 14, and not just for security :hysterical:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. I've always seen theme parks as ripe targets just waiting to be exploited. I'm completely game for metal detectors and the delay that will cause. Also agree with the costume restriction for anyone over 14, and not just for security :hysterical:

WHAT!!! No more brides running around in their wedding dresses?

No more polka-dot maidens carrying sheep's hooks?

No more pirates looking for pieces of gold using their non-patched eye?

Wait .. those are the employees? Real people would NEVER pay Disney prices to dress in public like that, would they?

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Better get a plastic selfie stick then.

Last edited:

Rumpled

Reaction score
Wow, the costume ban by adults is pretty extreme. There are many different events at Disneyland where groups show up in costume or period attire.
I wonder what will happen the first time one of these groups shows up.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahh. Disney has already banned them. Don't remember the effective date.
I know. It was a bad joke with even worse spelling.

This again is the illusion of security. Now you build a long line outside the park gate in an insecure zone that this hypothetical terrorist could attack.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know. It was a bad joke with even worse spelling.

This again is the illusion of security. Now you build a long line outside the park gate in an insecure zone that this hypothetical terrorist could attack.

You make a great point.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just in Disneyworld around Thanksgiving. We started talking about security after my husband got pulled aside (more on that in a minute). I was thinking that it wouldn't surprise me if they were already doing that on some level. I was thinking if they were checking for metal - the mechanics would be within the turnstyles somewhere as you provide ticket/wrist band when entering the park.

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving we were at MK. LONG, LONG lines for baggage check. They were doing more than what I am use to. Sent my family along while I stayed to deal with the bags.

After entrance, my FIL watched as DH was followed thorough the crowd by two plain clothes people. They spoke into their shirt collar and then met up with Disney Security officer and approached DH. He was wearing baggy cargo shorts and had on an oversized t-shirt that was untucked. They asked what he was carrying on his waist....nothing (he lifted t-shirt to show). Then they asked about his pockets. (emptied them - phone and camera only).

They then asked if he was a cop (his T-shirt was police related), which he replied yes and they said have a great day....when you retire, come see us for a job.

Strange encounter....but in the end, happy to see they take precautions.

They must have major security in place already....I would love to be an insider to see it all. I am always amazed with the mechanics of Disney and how well they handle all they do. As a guest....it all seems to seamless.