• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WALK-THROUGH - HAWAII'S NEW TRAVEL POLICY: My experience traveling to Hawaii

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is some great information on this thread IMHO:hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:. We have delayed any pre planning for a vacation to the Big Island until 2022.
I just pray, I am alive and physical able to travel. Two (2) weeks or maybe three (3) week is a mandatory stay in Hawaii and we must fly First Class both ways to The Big Island; with a couple of days in my favorite City of San Diego; going and coming on this trip..

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
The discussion at the moment is on inter-island travel. Last week we had 3 "breakthru" cases are (vaccinated individuals that then become infected) from residents that traveled to the mainland.

The breakthru cases, which are inevitable and certain (that's the difference between 94% and 100% effective) are double edged swords, but I believe will prove to support relaxing restrictions. First, they are asymptomatic -- these are people that are being tested for job reasons and discovering they are positive. Second, to my knowledge, there is not yet any evidence any breakthru case has led to infection of another person. This supports the data found in Israel, where breakthru patients were shown to have viral loads in their nasopharynx that were insufficient to infect another person.

So the data is accumulating that vaccines prevent illness and spread, even if they do not prevent infection 100%. In basketball terminology, the breakthru's will be shown to be "harmless fouls" that require no regulatory/legislative response.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Our kids and grandkids passed their Covid tests and are heading here to Maui tomorrow. Excited to take the older grandkids to the beach. They have a fantastic unit at MMO. Too bad check-in was Saturday and they delayed their trip to tomorrow. They are visiting a friend in Seattle.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We completed our COVID tests at Walgreens at no cost to us, and got our negative results in email in less than an hour. We have uploaded the results to the Safe Travels website and our records have been updated as Covid Negative. Now we will wait for another 2 days to complete the questionaire. We don't see a request for a selfie picture.

The stress was in trying to get to Walgreens this morning for a 11:45am appointment. When we went into the garage at 11am, the car's hatch was opened and car was beeping at us, and the battery was dead/flat. We think my husband had accidentally bumped the car key fob and opened the hatch since yesterday and it drained the battery. These appointments have to be made 3 days before and if we had missed the appointments, we would have to look for other non-Walgreens options. I looked through my phone directory for friends who live close to us and in town. It was frantic but our realtor who lives a few houses down from us came to our rescue. She is usually in California for her husband's cancer treatment or busy with closings.

Olienh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Molokai, Maui & Lanai towers 2BR OV Annual (pending)
We got up this morning to make the hour and twenty minute drive to a Walgreens with ID now. By the tome we got home, we had five negative results and we are ready to go to Maui! We uploaded the PDFs and got the immediate update that the result was confirmed COVId Negative.
To add you picture, you use the same “upload Files” option you use to upload Covid results, but there is an option in the first drop down to add a recent photo. 36 hours to takeoff!!!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We got up this morning to make the hour and twenty minute drive to a Walgreens with ID now. By the tome we got home, we had five negative results and we are ready to go to Maui! We uploaded the PDFs and got the immediate update that the result was confirmed COVId Negative.
To add you picture, you use the same “upload Files” option you use to upload Covid results, but there is an option in the first drop down to add a recent photo. 36 hours to takeoff!!!
I don't even see that they ask for a photo.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
So glad that you mentioned the photo - that is new since we visited in November. I just uploaded mine and have scheduled my test for next week. Fingers crossed for this trip.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Just be sure to make dinner reservations NOW, before you go.

Olienh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Molokai, Maui & Lanai towers 2BR OV Annual (pending)
Just be sure to make dinner reservations NOW, before you go.
We are coming for two weeks and have reservations every other night. I made the Mama’s Rez 3 months ago because a good friend that lives in that part of Maui recommended it. Being an over-anxious, over-planner paid off this year!

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh. We are getting the “verification in progress” after test results were uploaded. Called the help desk and left a message. Hopefully someone can do a manual over-ride instead of waiting at the airport for it to get verified

dmelcher13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Ugh. We are getting the “verification in progress” after test results were uploaded. Called the help desk and left a message. Hopefully someone can do a manual over-ride instead of waiting at the airport for it to get verified

Recheck the instructions on the site. Are you uploading just the first page and selecting the correct test type? It should show negative almost immediately.

Dave

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Disregard that and do it over, but choose the OTHER form from the drop down. If you do it right you’ll get an almost instant NEGATIVE. If it says verification in progress you probably chose the wrong form. I always choose the Hawaii Standard or Standard Hawaii (don’t recall the exactly wording) form.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recheck the instructions on the site. Are you uploading just the first page and selecting the correct test type? It should show negative almost immediately.

Dave
There’s only one page for the report from Walgreens

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disregard that and do it over, but choose the OTHER form from the drop down. If you do it right you’ll get an almost instant NEGATIVE. If it says verification in progress you probably chose the wrong form. I always choose the Hawaii Standard or Standard Hawaii (don’t recall the exactly wording) form.
I tried that now. Still shows Verification in Progress

dmelcher13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Does the name on the test result exactly match the name you used on the Hawaii website?

Dave

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I tried that now. Still shows Verification in Progress
Are you uploading a pdf or a screenshot? You need the actual pdf. A screenshot doesn't have the right resolution. You are probably doing it right but I know that this is one of the unexpected issues.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you uploading a pdf or a screenshot? You need the actual pdf. A screenshot doesn't have the right resolution. You are probably doing it right but I know that this is one of the unexpected issues.
I am using a pdf

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read something on one site that said that for Walgreens (some labs) the lab name doesn’t match so it will ask for verification of results. While we did the test at Walgreens, the top of our form says the results are issued by Aegis Labs

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just spoke to Southwest. I won’t be able to use their “Pre-clear” process and skip the line at the airport in Hawaii without a “negative” test in the Safe Travels portal. I can’t show the Southwest gate agent the printout of the test, I have to do that in Hawaii.
I’ve emailed IT support for Safe Travels and called. No response. Supposedly they can manually clear the results once they see the PDF that’s online

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tech support came through! I got an email that our tests should now read Covid Negative and they do! We had made printouts anyway to show for car rental and check in at Marriott. But this will make life so much easier (hopefully) with getting the Pre-Clear bracelets from Southwest and skipping the long lines in Hawaii.