• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VV resort certificates/RCI resort certidicates

Travelguy55

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am looking to buy or rent points
I bought Vacation Village on a resale. I also joined RCI Platinum. Am I entitled to get resort certificates for extra trade-in vacations from either Vacation Village or RCI? Any suggestions?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You can purchase extra vacations on RCI, or you can get vacations for 7,500 points or less with RCI Points. I don't know what certificates you are talking about, so maybe that was a sales' tactic at a presentation?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I bought Vacation Village on a resale. I also joined RCI Platinum. Am I entitled to get resort certificates for extra trade-in vacations from either Vacation Village or RCI? Any suggestions?
Most people even those who bought resale get the bonus certs but it isn't an entitlement. If you get one and can use it great. If you don't you can ask rci but it may or may not help you get one.

Also if your account is set up and there is none that doesn't mean that in a few months, one won't get added. They don't always appear when a unit if first added to an account.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I just got an email from RCI about a "Bonus Week" for $259. I don't see it in my account. Do I call RCI to book it?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just got an email from RCI about a "Bonus Week" for $259. I don't see it in my account. Do I call RCI to book it?
Do you have weeks or points? For points it shows up under my offers under extra vacation getaway certificate. For weeks it usually shows up as a deposit that looks something like 2-45 day bonus cert.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Do you have weeks or points? For points it shows up under my offers under extra vacation getaway certificate. For weeks it usually shows up as a deposit that looks something like 2-45 day bonus cert.

Thanks @tschwa2 ;)

Ok, I see a 2-45 day bonus cert but that is the one that was already there and expires in Nov. I don't see a new one.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks @tschwa2 ;)

Ok, I see a 2-45 day bonus cert but that is the one that was already there and expires in Nov. I don't see a new one.
sometimes they send emails just reminding you that you have one. Not that you have a new one.

alexinorlando

TUG Member
Reaction score

I also own with vacation village. You have to call vacation village first and speak with owner services and request the certificate number. You then have to provide that number to rci. They will load it on to your rci account and it will then be visible to use in “my offers” tab in rci.

Like other posters have mentioned these certificates are comparable to last call inventory (in some cases even more limited) and you will pay slightly more then the normal exchange fee because they charge a tax when you use one of these certificates. It will actually come out to same price as a last call with your platinum member discount maybe a few dollars less.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @tschwa2 ;)

Got same email and would love to take advantage of this…

I also own with vacation village. You have to call vacation village first and speak with owner services and request the certificate number. You then have to provide that number to rci. They will load it on to your rci account and it will then be visible to use in “my offers” tab in rci.

Like other posters have mentioned these certificates are comparable to last call inventory (in some cases even more limited) and you will pay slightly more then the normal exchange fee because they charge a tax when you use one of these certificates. It will actually come out to same price as a last call with your platinum member discount maybe a few dollars less.

@alexinorlando - do you mind if I ask
Are we supposed to call the resort we own at ?

I just adopted it and it’s turning out better than I thought but still learning

Sn0wbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw a 2-45 days certificates under "My Offers" today. How do I know when they expire? Is that mean I have 2 of the 45 days certificates to use?

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw a 2-45 days certificates under "My Offers" today. How do I know when they expire? Is that mean I have 2 of the 45 days certificates to use?
It states: "As a valued Vacation Village owner you can use this certificate to confirm a vacation 2 - 45 days before check-in without using your points!"

That means that if you find a qualifying stay within that booking window, you can book it for an exchange fee.

Note that the reservation you find has to qualify for the offer. Most of these are for lower-tier resorts, but I have seen some OK places.

I think you get one of these offers a year, but I have not booked one.

Sn0wbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
It states: "As a valued Vacation Village owner you can use this certificate to confirm a vacation 2 - 45 days before check-in without using your points!"

That means that if you find a qualifying stay within that booking window, you can book it for an exchange fee.

Note that the reservation you find has to qualify for the offer. Most of these are for lower-tier resorts, but I have seen some OK places.

I think you get one of these offers a year, but I have not booked one.
Thank you.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is usually the same inventory as last calls except you pay the $269 bonus cert exchange fee regardless of unit size instead of the size based last call rental fees. I also believe you get one per use year so if you use it, it should reappear when your use year renews. If it reappears immediately after using then you are free to use that one as well.