• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VV internal exchange through RCI

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Grandview points owner and was looking at exchanging into a cheap week at VV Parkway. When I clicked through to the payment page, the regular RCI exchange fee came up rather than the discounted internal exchange fee I was expecting. I tried the chat function but the rep I chatted with did not know how to make that happen. Anyone have experience with getting the internal exchange fee applied for a points exchange? Do I need to call RCI to get that accomplished?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There is someone from one of the facebook group who insists he gets the internal exchange fee for his points and has resale points. It doesn't work for me but I do have some non VV points mixed in so I assumed that was why. There is another Tugger how has all VV affiliate points (but at different resorts) and he also does not get the $159 exchange fee when exchanging into a VV affiliate with points. I believe those who bought directly with VV and have VVplus or VVplatinum get discounted exchanges through rci.

So I too am curious about anyone getting $159 exchange fees using rci points from one VV affilliate to another who does not have VV+ or VV platinum.

I do get the $159 exchange fee with my VV affiliatte using resale rci weeks account.

alexinorlando

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is someone from one of the facebook group who insists he gets the internal exchange fee for his points and has resale points. It doesn't work for me but I do have some non VV points mixed in so I assumed that was why. There is another Tugger how has all VV affiliate points (but at different resorts) and he also does not get the $159 exchange fee when exchanging into a VV affiliate with points. I believe those who bought directly with VV and have VVplus or VVplatinum get discounted exchanges through rci.

So I too am curious about anyone getting $159 exchange fees using rci points from one VV affilliate to another who does not have VV+ or VV platinum.

I do get the $159 exchange fee with my VV affiliatte using resale rci weeks account.

From what I have seen and experienced my self and through my research, if your vacation village affiliated resort is exchanging through the weeks side (using tpu) you will get the reduced exchange fee. If you have vacation village Rci points and are booking other vacation village resorts you will not get the reduced rate unless you have plus or premium (which is something you get through a developer purchase).

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
There is another Tugger how has all VV affiliate points (but at different resorts) and he also does not get the $159 exchange fee when exchanging into a VV affiliate with points.

This may be me. I get annual points from Woodstone at Massanutten and an EOY contract and Grandview.

I have never gotten the discount, including back when I only had Woodstone.

I discovered the discount when I got the bonus stubs/weeks at Massanutten for paying early and used them in a weeks account. Now that the Massanutten bonus program is gone, I will probably deposit one of my CWQ/Colonies sides in there EOY to use for VV internal exchanges.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The news over on the TUG exchanging timeshares board today is RCI is upping exchange fees again. In December it will be $289.

The updated chart shows the internal VV exchange (weeks accounts) staying at $159. I am increasingly finding the internal exchange rate to be a benefit.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I haven’t quite figured out the internal exchange discount yet- is this a developer thing?

I have 2 of the bonus week certificates in my RCI account that come from my 2 resale units.

But each time I try an exchange online the bonus weeks into other vacation village properties- it shows the standard RCI exchange pricing…what am I doing wrong?

are resales ineligible?
are bonus weeks certificates ineligible?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Resales are eligible.

It needs to be a weeks account (your unit trading in TPUs) and not a points account.

It only works when trading with TPUs (exclusively from VV properties). No discounted exchange fee when using certificates.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resales are eligible.

It needs to be a weeks account (your unit trading in TPUs) and not a points account.

It only works when trading with TPUs (exclusively from VV properties). No discounted exchange fee when using certificates.

ahh okay thanks- I traded the Williamsburg unit in II and used the other…Still cheaper using last calls and or exchanging bonus cents than the Hampton Inn by my sons place…lol that’s $379 for 1 night mid week

Attachments

• 0F1AFB5A-701D-4A40-8747-34720B8FB72A.png
    0F1AFB5A-701D-4A40-8747-34720B8FB72A.png
    245 KB · Views: 8

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I traded the Williamsburg unit in II and used the other…

I am depositing one side of my the Colonies (CWQ) into RCI weeks at least every other year just for internal exchanges VV in RCI.

Depending on how RCI and thing look in a couple of years, I might conser getting a VV trader just to use for RCI weeks. The market research for buying my CWQ was all done with II in mind.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am depositing one side of my the Colonies (CWQ) into RCI weeks at least every other year just for internal exchanges VV in RCI.

Depending on how RCI and thing look in a couple of years, I might conser getting a VV trader just to use for RCI weeks. The market research for buying my CWQ was all done with II in mind.

after reading here on tug I found the best option for me was a 4br-EOY at Williamsburg and a Grandview fixed week EOY- the plan so far is to split and trade the Williamsburg in II and the Grandview into RCI- and use the bonus certificates in between my youngest son is really making the most out of the last calls -
He travels by trade and he is saving a small fortune using them…

jbiza

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a Vacation Village Plus account, when you sign in to RCI, there is a tab to "Book" a reservation. On the drop down choices, "Free Internal Exchange" & "Discounted Exchange," are two of the choices. If you book using one of those choices, the discounted amount will show at checkout. :cool:

marilyn3939nv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just found a letter from Vacation Village in my Vacation Village folder. You have to call 1-866-724-03333 to get the discount direct when I trade with Vacation Villegas. They gave me an account # Way back when? Will call them tomorrow as I do stay a lot at the Grandview at least twice a year and get the latest tomorrow.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Just yesterday I got the $159 rate when exchanging my resale Summit at Massanutten for West Palm Beach Shores (V V) and for Vacation Villages at Parkway. I had deposited my units (actually Massanutten swapped it out for Woodstone or one of the other ones when they put in the bonus week) and got TPUs. I had combined them (and extended them) The TPU credits said "Beckley Group" after I had gotten West Palm Beach Shores the year before (at the $159 rate).

So this was on the WEEKS side, with TPUs that had been combined...and used for two different years.

I'm happy to go to West Palm Beach Shores as there is scuba diving at the Blue Heron Bridge at Singer Island where the resort is located.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had deposited my units (actually Massanutten swapped it out for Woodstone or one of the other ones when they put in the bonus week) and got TPUs. I had combined them (and extended them) The TPU credits said "Beckley Group" after I had gotten West Palm Beach Shores the year before (at the $159 rate).

I do not fully understand how combining and keeping the internal discount works.

For certain, everything in the combined deposit must be VV for it to work — but earlier this year when I tried to combine Massanutten Woodstone and the Colonies Williamsburg (both in the VV internal exchange program) I could not do so and keep eligibility the internal exchange rate.

RCI chat told me “they both had to be under the same ownership.” That could be interpreted a few different ways.

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
....the plan so far is to split and trade the Williamsburg in II and the Grandview into RCI- and use the bonus certificates in between my youngest son is really making the most out of the last calls -
He travels by trade and he is saving a small fortune using them…

I think I have done one last call in RCI and never used a certificate. If I traveled a lot for business or was retired ... I could see myself using the heck out of them.

But my question after thinking more about your post is in your view are the RCI certificates and last calls a better value for your use than AC certificates from II or their getaways?

Again, I have not used them ... but it looked to me like the II prices and inventory were about as good as RCI's.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I have done one last call in RCI and never used a certificate. If I traveled a lot for business or was retired ... I could see myself using the heck out of them.

But my question after thinking more about your post is in your view are the RCI certificates and last calls a better value for your use than AC certificates from II or their getaways?

Again, I have not used them ... but it looked to me like the II prices and inventory were about as good as RCI's.

So far what I am finding is that the Last calls on RCI are a better dealfor my son than trying the bonus certificate from VV not sure why but by the time guest certs come in it’s a few dollars cheaper…what I need to do for him is get him that five year guest pass from RCi- if what I read on tug is correct it would have paid for itself already one week @ Kissimmee, lol closest I could get to Tampa and 3weeks at the HIVC fox river Illinois …interval hasn’t had anything near the locations where he needs to go…

That said I am finding good possibilities for me from the ACs in II- plenty I would have jumped on so far except that we already had travel plan…I am watching though for a couple of specific resorts in the AC category like Westgate Smoky Mountains - while we aren’t local it doesn’t require flights or boarding our dog. They take pets! Using the cert would cost less than boarding or a house sitter I don’t want to own there and I not sure I am even willing to trade in but I wouldn’t mind using an ac cert ;)