• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VSN fees

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the VSN membership fee the same for all members or is there some kind of scaling system? Is the 2024 annual fee $295?

I'm a deeded owner at Vistana Resort, Falls. If I join VSN I would need to pay the normal annual maintenance fees plus the club membership, is this correct? Are there other fees?

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
Is the VSN membership fee the same for all members or is there some kind of scaling system? Is the 2024 annual fee $295?

I'm a deeded owner at Vistana Resort, Falls. If I join VSN I would need to pay the normal annual maintenance fees plus the club membership, is this correct? Are there other fees?
If it's a resale I don't think you can.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It is based on Abound Owner Benefit Level which is based on the number of points owned.
  • $240 Owners and Select Members (<4,000 points)
  • $280 Executive and Presidential Members (4,000 to 14,999 points)
  • $295 Chairman's Club Members (15,000 points or more)

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
It is based on Abound Owner Benefit Level which is based on the number of points owned.
  • $240 Owners and Select Members (<4,000 points)
  • $280 Executive and Presidential Members (4,000 to 14,999 points)
  • $295 Chairman's Club Members (15,000 points or more)
That’s the case for enrolled owners who pay Abound Club Dues. But the OP referred to the VSN fee, which I think is only paid by unenrolled owners (usually resale buyers who have not paid to enroll their ownership) and has a different fee structure, I think?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That’s the case for enrolled owners who pay Abound Club Dues. But the OP referred to the VSN fee, which I think is only paid by unenrolled owners (usually resale buyers who have not paid to enroll their ownership) and has a different fee structure, I think?
But I took it that they own Vistana Resort and the only way to join VSN is to requalify which would also make them Abound eligible. I don't think there is any way for them to just join VSN without also being in Abound.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But I took it that they own Vistana Resort and the only way to join VSN is to requalify which would also make them Abound eligible. I don't think there is any way for them to just join VSN without also being in Abound.
Ah, I think you are correct (as usual!)

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the help. I have a Vistana Resort resale deed from the 1980s and an offer to requalify it. I also have 1,000 Marriott Vacation Club points. The latter is what made it possible to requalify the form.

I pay Marriott Vacation Club $240 for "Owner Club Dues". When the Vistana week is requalified and I become a member of VSN, I'm assuming I will need to pay another club dues to VSN.

My Vistana deed would be equal to 81,000 staroptions; or 2,800 [edit should be 2,600] Marriott Vacation Club points if deposited into the Abound program.

One problem is that the paperwork for requalifing the deed, says nothing about Abound. The cover letter to the legal document says:

"1. Access to 23 VSN resorts in popular vacation destinations like Hawai‘i, California, Colorado, the Caribbean and more without paying additional exchange fees.
"2. The flexibility to convert your week of ownership into Marriott Bonvoy™ Points, which can be used to enjoy free nights at more than 7,000 Marriott Bonvoy Hotels and resorts worldwide.
"3. Annual membership in Interval International®, an External Exchange company that gives you access to more than 3,200 additional villa-style vacation resorts in 80 countries.
"4. Home Resort Reservation Periods that give you four months to book a villa at your Home Resort before other VSN members
"5. Banking & Borrowing of StarOptions to add more flexibility in how you utilize your vacation ownership."

But nothing about Abound.

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Thank you everyone for the help. I have a Vistana Resort resale deed from the 1980s and an offer to requalify it. I also have 1,000 Marriott Vacation Club points. The latter is what made it possible to requalify the form.

I pay Marriott Vacation Club $240 for "Owner Club Dues". When the Vistana week is requalified and I become a member of VSN, I'm assuming I will need to pay another club dues to VSN.

My Vistana deed would be equal to 81,000 staroptions; or 2,800 Marriott Vacation Club points if deposited into the Abound program.

One problem is that the paperwork for requalifing the deed, says nothing about Abound. The cover letter to the legal document says:

"1. Access to 23 VSN resorts in popular vacation destinations like Hawai‘i, California, Colorado, the Caribbean and more without paying additional exchange fees.
"2. The flexibility to convert your week of ownership into Marriott Bonvoy™ Points, which can be used to enjoy free nights at more than 7,000 Marriott Bonvoy Hotels and resorts worldwide.
"3. Annual membership in Interval International®, an External Exchange company that gives you access to more than 3,200 additional villa-style vacation resorts in 80 countries.
"4. Home Resort Reservation Periods that give you four months to book a villa at your Home Resort before other VSN members
"5. Banking & Borrowing of StarOptions to add more flexibility in how you utilize your vacation ownership."

This looks like an offer to requalify your Vistana Resort week into VSN -- not to enroll it into Abound. The numbered items 1-5 all all VSN things, nothing special.

Yes, you would get to pay a VSN fee in addition to the club fee for your 1000 Abound points.

That said, unless this comes at an additional financial cost, I would do this. StarOption trading is very efficient.

btw -- Who said that your unit would get 2800 points if deposited into Abound? That makes no sense because, as you note, the enrollment documentation says nothing about Abound

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

My Vistana deed would be equal to 81,000 staroptions; or 2,800 Marriott Vacation Club points if deposited into the Abound program.

When did you purchase the 1,000 points? Was the purchase of those points what is able to requalify your SVR deed? Being in VSN uslally equals being enrolled in Abound unless you bought resale after August 2022. This is an odd requalification offer.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
When did you purchase the 1,000 points? Was the purchase of those points what is able to requalify your SVR deed? Being in VSN uslally equals being enrolled in Abound unless you bought resale after August 2022. This is an odd requalification offer.
The MVC points were purchased about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago with the "promise" that the deeded week could be used in Abound. That happened when Abound was first being rolled out. Since the deed had been deposited in Interval, we didn't try to deposit it into MVC. When we tried last year to deposit it into MVC, we got a lot of run around. Finally sent a complaint letter to Marriott Corporate and got an offer to enroll in VSN -- I think this is an offer to requalify the deed.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
btw -- Who said that your unit would get 2800 points if deposited into Abound? That makes no sense because, as you note, the enrollment documentation says nothing about Abound

The original sales presentation. and then a second sales presentation from corporate sales. Both were Marriott Vacation Club staff. The second presentation said we needed to buy more MVC points to correct the mistake made at the first presentation.

[edit] my Vistana deeded would be worth 2600 MVC points (not 2800) in Abound. My mistake.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The MVC points were purchased about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago with the "promise" that the deeded week could be used in Abound. That happened when Abound was first being rolled out. Since the deed had been deposited in Interval, we didn't try to deposit it into MVC. When we tried last year to deposit it into MVC, we got a lot of run around. Finally sent a complaint letter to Marriott Corporate and got an offer to enroll in VSN -- I think this is an offer to requalify the deed.
So I suppose you may need to seek clarification from the person extending the VSN enrollment offer. It is possible that the offer details they sent are just on an old form letter and it will also come with Abound. Hard to know for sure.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I suppose you may need to seek clarification from the person extending the VSN enrollment offer. It is possible that the offer details they sent are just on an old form letter and it will also come with Abound. Hard to know for sure.
It’s hard to imagine that they would newly qualify a VOI in 2024 and make it only a partial qualification (VSN but not Abound) so I’m betting it’s an old form and you’d get full enrollment and that you’d pay Club Dues rather than a VSN fee when it’s all done. And if your VOIs are titled the same, you should pay only once, covering both of your ownerships once requalified.

But, @dioxide45 is right that you should seek clarification and not assume.

mort1345

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistanafdc
We own a resale Vistana that was grandfather into VSN, we have 81,000 star options. Now we have MVC club dues which were $230.00 in 2023 and $240.00 in 2024.
Never looked into Abound. We just use our options at various resorts in the list on Vistana site. Club dues cover banking fees and others which used to be ala carte. etc.
There is a list on the website.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is now only one fee. it is club dues. you own in vistana, a week that has star options and can be converted to marriott points if you chose to do so or use as the star options. the 2600 for your deeded week and the other 1000 that you own would give you 3600 marriott points per year. you don't pay both VSN and club dues. now it is streamlined. only club dues.