• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VPE - can you rent out banked points?

cwtkm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
This question has probably been asked before but I can't find the answer.
I have 350 legacy destination points on account for 2017 usage.
Don't plan to use points for any of our 2017 vacations so can bank to 2018.

Question is can I put the banked points up for rent?

I'm sure as always someone wiser than me will know the answer!!

Thanks

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Banked/Borrowed Points can't be transferred to another DC Member's account. You can, however, rent out any reservations that you confirm through your account using banked/borrowed Points.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
This question has probably been asked before but I can't find the answer.
I have 350 legacy destination points on account for 2017 usage.
Don't plan to use points for any of our 2017 vacations so can bank to 2018.

Question is can I put the banked points up for rent?

I'm sure as always someone wiser than me will know the answer!!

Thanks

Once points have been banked, they cannot be transferred. But can you rent them out? Yes, but you would have to make the reservation for the person and then add them to the reservation. 2017 is far enough way that I would wait on banking till the very last day. There are people that would be interested in 2017 points.

cwtkm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still confused. So can I advertise the 350 spare points I have to another owner and transfer them to their account once they've bought them from me?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Still confused. So can I advertise the 350 spare points I have to another owner and transfer them to their account once they've bought them from me?

No, not if they've been banked. What you can do is make a reservation through your account using the banked points and put a guest's name on the reservation after it's rented.

It's your choice whether you want to advertise that you have banked DC Points with which you can reserve a rent-able stay and check availability when folks ask you for a particular stay, or whether you want to reserve a specific high-demand interval and then advertise only the reservation.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Don't bank them if you won't use them. Just rent them out as 2017 use points. Then they can be transferred.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't found a good place to rent out my points or for that matter a place to get rentable points.

Should I just reserve somethings and then rent it out?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I haven't found a good place to rent out my points or for that matter a place to get rentable points.

Should I just reserve somethings and then rent it out?

You haven't found vacationpointexchange.com? That is probably one of the best. Of course, renting the points is another matter. If you can get a good reservation, renting that might be easier/better. Then to do that, Redweek or TUG would probably be one of the better places to rent it.