• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Voted today!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Deposited our ballots at the official drop box at City Hall. No line. There were quite a few people dropping off ballots today. Nice to have this off our list.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
We were watching the second presidential debate and were advised by the newscast that about 40 million of us had already voted prior to the debate. I had my mind made up and voted last week. I doubt that tonight’s debate will have changed very many minds. I am glad that so many people are participating in the election. However, my cat, Wellington, seems much more interested in killing squirrels and sleeping than in the election.
D1D3C0EE-52F0-453A-ABCD-C2C25AA97300.jpeg

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were watching the second presidential debate and were advised by the newscast that about 40 million of us had already voted prior to the debate. I had my mind made up and voted last week. I doubt that tonight’s debate will have changed very many minds. I am glad that so many people are participating in the election. However, my cat, Wellington, seems much more interested in killing squirrels and sleeping than in the election. View attachment 27844
Here is a good site that gives numbers on early voting. As of this am we are close to 50 million people having already voted. I enjoy voting in person , but this year we requested and returned a mail in ballot for the first time. In DE we have a tracking system that lets you know where your ballot is and confirms it has been accepted.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I received my text from the county registrar that my ballot is in their possession and ready to be counted. I have voted by mail for as long as I can remember because it was always easier for me to fill it out at home, at my leisure. The ballot tracker info is new, but it is great to see live updates for my own ballot.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received my text from the county registrar that my ballot is in their possession and ready to be counted. I have voted by mail for as long as I can remember because it was always easier for me to fill it out at home, at my leisure. The ballot tracker info is new, but it is great to see live updates for my own ballot.

We've never voted by mail before this year!

We know our votes make a difference. Once we were running late to vote in a local election--took our oldest daughter (old enough to vote) and raced to the polling place before it closed. Ran in, voted for our candidates, said good night to the poll workers who were closing up. The next morning, found out that our candidate had won...by three votes! :D

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

We know our votes make a difference. Once we were running late to vote in a local election--took our oldest daughter (old enough to vote) and raced to the polling place before it closed. Ran in, voted for our candidates, said good night to the poll workers who were closing up. The next morning, found out that our candidate had won...by three votes! :D
Great story!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We've been voting by mail for years. Much more convenient to complete at home with a local ballot drop box only a mile away. Only difference this year is that we turned it in 2 weeks early. Usually we dropped off on day of election. Never knew that we could vote early other than to mail via USPS.

@klpca thanks for the tip on ballot tracking. Will check it out.

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Years ago my Mother was a poll worker, but one year when she wasn't, she forgot to vote and her candidate lost by one vote. It was a local election, but when my Dad told me he swore me to secrecy as my Mom was really disappointed in herself.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was fully expecting to vote on election day, but was listening to a local radio program today that said you have no idea what could be happening on election day. Being in Florida we could have a hurricane or heavy rains that could make getting to the polling station miserable. Also mentioned was what would you do if you got COVID and were sick on election day. There is no provision to vote if you are ill and can't make it to the polling station. So go and vote since early voting was already open. The line was only about 5 minutes long and the place wasn't packed. I checked the status online before I left and it said the wait was less than 15 minutes. I probably took longer to actually fill out the ballot than I did waiting in line.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... Being in Florida we could have a hurricane or heavy rains that could make getting to the polling station miserable...

I wasn't worried about weather as much as the time it would take to wade thru the ballot.
Ours was two-sided ballot with assorted lesser offices and 11 propositions, state & local.
But we'd just reviewed our choices on a sample ballot, so even that went smoothly.

Brett

Reaction score
I wasn't worried about weather as much as the time it would take to wade thru the ballot.
Ours was two-sided ballot with assorted lesser offices and 11 propositions, state & local.
But we'd just reviewed our choices on a sample ballot, so even that went smoothly.

in Virginia there were several constitutional amendments on the ballot

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Worry about weather and health on election day is what propels us to early vote in person at our BoE. Here in northern Ohio we could be hit by an early snowstorm but driving wind and rain could also occur. In years past waiting in a long line outdoors before entering the polling place never occurred, but this year it's happening in many early voting locales already. Glad we've cast our ballots.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were watching the second presidential debate and were advised by the newscast that about 40 million of us had already voted prior to the debate.

If the debates are to be meaningful, they should be scheduled so as to be completed before any form of voting starts...

George

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
in Virginia there were several constitutional amendments on the ballot
Florida has six, and even an amendment to change the requirements to amend the constitution.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Florida has six, and even an amendment to change the requirements to amend the constitution.

They've been tightening up on initiatives ever since the "pregnant pig" amendment
of 2002. It prohibited confining gestating sows in enclosures too small for them to
turn around. It affected two hog operations. It passed with 55% in favor of the pigs.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
How do I track my ballot online? Here's how for every state

Ours have been received and counted

Richard

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They've been tightening up on initiatives ever since the "pregnant pig" amendment
of 2002. It prohibited confining gestating sows in enclosures too small for them to
turn around. It affected two hog operations. It passed with 55% in favor of the pigs.
I was approached a while back while we were at a craft fair about the amendment to make amendments harder. I suspect a lot of it has to do with Electric Choice. The energy companies fought that and successfully kept that off the last ballot. They don't want electric choice. We had it when we lived in Ohio and it helped save us a bunch of money by being able to select a different electric provider.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
How do I track my ballot online? Here's how for every state

Ours have been received and counted

Richard

This is an important government service. Our family was able to verify that all of our mail-in and drop-box ballots were received and accepted by the elections office. We've voted by absentee ballot for many years. It is nice to track whether it made it and correct if something goes awry before election day.

Last edited: