• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Volcano Park Accommodations

yan19454

Reaction score
I think any one recommed the book
Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Maui Revealed)

with borders coupon 20% off. it come off cheaper to pick up in the borders.
http://www.bordersmedia.com/visitborders/

I looked at the craglist. most hotel charge $50 to $100 cleaning fee. I am looking for a place to stay near big island closed to national park.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Do you have any military affiliations among your family or friends? There is an R&R camp inside the park for military families that is a great bargain - Kilauea Military Camp It has a store, buffet, pub, and family activities and it is right across the street from the crater.

Last edited:

CATBinCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on the southern tip of the Big Island? (Closest airport would be Hilo). We stayed at a wonderful cottage only 5 mins. from the entrance to HVNP and it was only $90 a night!

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several B&Bs in the town of Volcano, right outside the park.

Sue

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We can give a hearty recommendation for Bed & Breakfast Mountain View, located halfway between Hilo and Volcano.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hale Ohia B&B is located in Volcano town, and it's very affordable. www.haleohia.com

Dave

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the years, I stayed at the Lodge, Military Camp, a B&B and down in Hilo. Denise is right, if you know anyone with an ID card, they can sponsor you into the Military Camp and they don't have to be there. It is by far, the best value and place to stay. Also, they renovated it during the last few years and it is pretty nice.

The Lodge offers a small hotel room but nice atmosphere with a fire place always going in the evening in the lobby. If you don't stay there, I recommend having dinner there before sunset and visiting the Lodge and sit by the fire.

If you do a B&B, do the place Dave recommended, or check the ratings in a AAA book or local travel book for Volcano Village. Also, I recommend the Thai restaurant there.

There is not much between the park and Hilo. Overall, the park is higher altitude and a nice change from the beach. During the summer, it will be cool at night and not too hot during the day. If you are going to see the park, stay at the park or close to it.

Last edited:

bobk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the cute cottages mentioned are Carson's. They have a storybook theme. We stayed ther and enjoyed. It is listed as a B&B however each cottge is separate and they hve a large room in theur main building for the breakfast; which is also very good.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It the volcano is belching VOG be sure you stay upwind. It makes smog seem nice.

Texas has a law making it illegal to flatulate in an elevator! No kidding.:D

Sterling

J

JoeMid

I am looking for a place to stay near big island closed to national park.
VI and DRI have Sea Mountain Resort close to the park but on the southern tip of BI near black and green sand beaches. Email me if interested.