• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Website Update

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
The availability calendar defaults to the location that shows as the background on the reservation page (villafinder.vistana.com). All your ownerships show as thumbnails within the large picture. In my case, the big picture is always my St. John week, but my WKORV and WKORVN units, along with St. John, also show in small pictures. If you click on one of those thumbnails, the background picture changes to that property. Now if you click on the availability calendar button, you get the calendar for the property shown.

I don't know what determines the default picture. In my case, St. John ws the last property I bought, but I don't know if that has any bering on the display. St. John is also further down the list of properties I can select to search for. In fact, it is the last location listed in the "Where?" dropdown.

I wish I could get the calendar for all locations! It would be useful for trying to exchange into properties I don't own.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't find the calendar useful at all - for the most accurate results, use the Villa Finder and actually do a search.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had the availability calendar help a couple of times, when I could see single days not available. I was then able to move my plans to work around them. It isn't perfect, but it has helped me a few times.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
That’s a great question. I do remember having a bonvoy number that was a second number that wasn’t used. I assumed it was that one.
When they converted from SPG to Bonvoy they kept using my old SPG number (and I wasn't automatically getting credit under my new Bonvoy number even when I had added it on checking in).

after I got that cleared up with the new number all my Vistana reservations now show up automatically in the Bonvoy app.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don’t know if anyone has tried the reservations link in the mobile app, but it is greatly improved. Still not great as you are still sent to the website, but it now renders much better and seems to be sized a bit more for the phone. Before the drop downs and entry fields would hover over the calendar and you couldn’t easily scroll down to see the other vacation dates without closing the search box. Now all parts are easily visible and accessible.

90D67A4E-F612-41D1-B2F5-56A27E5B87EE.jpeg

I wonder if the website updates have been geared to making the site more mobile friendly?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it is related to this Vistana website change, my 2BR Vistana booking which was showing up as 2 1BR reservations in Marriott.com was reduced to only 1 1BR reservation all of a sudden. I called the resort (Kierland) and they confirmed that they do see 2 1BR reservations, with one of them missing a Bonvoy number. I went to Marriott.com to search for the reservation using the number which Kierland gave me and I found it. Unfortunately it no longer allows update to the reservation to include my Bonvoy number. I am still worried about not getting the 2BR reservation when we check in later this month.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know if it is related to this Vistana website change, my 2BR Vistana booking which was showing up as 2 1BR reservations in Marriott.com was reduced to only 1 1BR reservation all of a sudden. I called the resort (Kierland) and they confirmed that they do see 2 1BR reservations, with one of them missing a Bonvoy number. I went to Marriott.com to search for the reservation using the number which Kierland gave me and I found it. Unfortunately it no longer allows update to the reservation to include my Bonvoy number. I am still worried about not getting the 2BR reservation when we check in later this month.
As long as Vistana.com shows a 2BR reservation, you are good. Vistana reservations show up weird on Marriott.com. I have had many Vistana reservations and none of them ever show up on Marriott.com.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
It was suggested to me in this thread and it did work. Call the resort directly, ask them to pull up the resie number and add your Bonvoy number from their end. It immediately showed up on the Marriott website.

I have a three bedroom lock off resie starting today. On Marriott it only shows the studio portion but Vistana has the correct info. The resort has confirmed my 3BR unit.

Seems to be a known glitch at this point.

Edit: sorry, just realized it DID show as two separate resies. And now not!
Not sure what’s going on except to say they seem to be trying to merge the different systems. Hoping they get it right soon.

Last edited:

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
I wonder if they are setting up to increase the points for ocean view and specific locations at some of the resorts. It makes no sense to list island view and ocean view since nobody would choose island view if they had the choice. So those that own specific views could see some staroptions values change? total speculation, but it makes sense to me, since you pay more $$$ for the view, yet the option points are the same. just curious...
It's been a few years since we went to Maui. We were given the option for oceanfront then, but it was more staroptions.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had no problems making an online reservation for my home resort (WKORVN) next year, but when the booking was finalized, they had the wrong Bonvoy number listed on the reservation. I couldn't change it during the booking process, nor could I figure out where to change it afterwards on the Vistana website. I linked my VSE account to my Bonvoy account long ago, but I can't find it anywhere in my VSE profile/personal info. Does anyone know where I can find that info on VSE, so I can correct it without calling in?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had no problems making an online reservation for my home resort (WKORVN) next year, but when the booking was finalized, they had the wrong Bonvoy number listed on the reservation. I couldn't change it during the booking process, nor could I figure out where to change it afterwards on the Vistana website. I linked my VSE account to my Bonvoy account long ago, but I can't find it anywhere in my VSE profile/personal info. Does anyone know where I can find that info on VSE, so I can correct it without calling in?
I think calling in is the only way to accomplish this.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Notice that you can now put a Marriott Bonvoy number on the Resv as well:

View attachment 42014
It also looks like I can add a Bonvoy number when changing guest names between owners of the same week. We usually make our reservations through my wife's profile as she needed elite nights to get to lifetime Platinum. If I go in to change the guest name and select my name (free since I am an owner on the account) I can also provide my Bonvoy number. This might be an easy way to add a Bonvoy number to a reservation when one is a pure resale owner like us.

I have changed the reservation to my name and added my Bonvoy number. I don't see any immediate changes in my Marriott.com account. The reservation isn't showing up. I will give it a few days to see if anything happens.

1636233913472.png

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here's one issue that I am not sure about: What if the guest wants to add their Bonvoy number at check-in?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here's one issue that I am not sure about: What if the guest wants to add their Bonvoy number at check-in?
Not sure why that is an issue. It isn't a required field on the guest certificate form. Just leave it blank and they can add it at check in.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What if the owner already put their number there?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What if the owner already put their number there?
The resort always has the ability to change it at checkin. It just can't be changed ahead of checkin once there is a Bonvoy number associated with the reservation.

dmjones040

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble getting into their Dashboard in Vistana to reserve? Been trying since midnight, and get a gateway error. It's now 12:55 a.m. I am NOT HAPPY...

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Wow! We are are currently serving an unusually high number of guests and we hope you will try again in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience!

GATEWAY TIME-OUT

The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

Here we go again.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I'm located in Texas. The gateway timeouts seem to affect certain regions, not necessarily the whole country. I can get to Vistana.com. The timeout occurs when I click on Dashboard. I get the same error mentioned in the other discussion.

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I'm in AZ and have the same problem at 7 a.m. I don't want to reserve anything, just see whether maintenance fees are listed. Trying again "in a few minutes" is not going to solve this.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I could certainly do that. Just annoying that it always there in the past.
I just called owners services. They were able to update my contracts with my existing Bonvoy number. I went in to make a reservation and the correct bonvoy number shows under my name as the guest checking in. If you don’t have your bonvoy number in your vistana account, I suggest calling owner services and having them add it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Notice that you can now put a Marriott Bonvoy number on the Resv as well:

View attachment 42014
Is this when creating a guest name change? When I make a reservation, it defaults to my information as the guest checking in and didn’t allow me to change the bonvoy number.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I'm having an issue with the new website and wondering if others are experiencing same.

When I make a new reservation I do not automatically receive an email confirmation of that reservation. The day after I make the reservation I go into the reservation and request an email confirmation and I receive one then.

However when I cancel a reservation I automatically (perhaps a few hours later) receive an email confirmation of the cancellation.