• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Website Update

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Mine showed up on both accounts but Marriott had different rez numbers and the info was all wrong. It was so wrong that I had to call the resort to make sure they had the correct rez info. They did . . . same as Vistana’s. I had a 2-bedroom lockoff and Marriott showed a studio! Glad I called. I hate Marriott.
When you make a Vistana reservation for a 2BR lock off, it will show up on Marriott.com as two separate reservations. One for each side.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
When you make a Vistana reservation for a 2BR lock off, it will show up on Marriott.com as two separate reservations. One for each side.
That is good to know. Thx

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I wonder though if the phases really make any difference. Sure you can select a specific phase, but I suspect the resort can still place you in any phase as long as the unit size and occupancy matches up. This enhancement can still be good though as two of the phases at SVR only sleep six in a 2BR and the rest all sleep eight. But previously you could still see the max occupancy of the unit being booked.
I booked 2 bedrooms at SBP one a lock off and the other a standard but did not know they were in 2 different phases ( not familiar with the resort) and my family got split up but the resort was kind enough to fix it. She told me that she would mention it in their meeting if anything can be done so one can choose the phase you want at booking but that some phases require more staroptions.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I booked 2 bedrooms at SBP one a lock off and the other a standard but did not know they were in 2 different phases ( not familiar with the resort) and my family got split up but the resort was kind enough to fix it. She told me that she would mention it in their meeting if anything can be done so one can choose the phase you want at booking but that some phases require more staroptions.
You have always been able to tell the two types at SBP with staroptions. They always listed either plantation or palmetto after the unit type or maybe because I own there and was looking at home priority. It is easier to see that they are different now.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Also, views were available for WKORV WKORVN and Nanea in a spot check.
The thing here is, in the past when one made a VSN exchange you were never guaranteed a view. So chances are you would end up in Resort or Island View. This setup certainly changes expectations if someone books Ocean View and still gets assigned to Island View at checkin.

I hope the expectations are met. I had a two-day add-on reservation to the front of two weeks at WKORN. When the updated website came up today my add-on reservation had an Island View attached to it. I checked availability and there were Ocean View villas available so I canceled my Island View and made a reservation for an Ocean View. I'll know in May!

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope the expectations are met. I had a two-day add-on reservation to the front of two weeks at WKORN. When the updated website came up today my add-on reservation had an Island View attached to it. I checked availability and there were Ocean View villas available so I canceled my Island View and made a reservation for an Ocean View. I'll know in May!
Does your email confirmation show view?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Does your email confirmation show view?
My VSN reservation confirmation also shows which phase I booked. “Phase I” is listed on both my VSN and my home resort reservation confirmations. The home resort reservation is guaranteed, not so sure about the VSN yet. I guess we will see when I check into the resort in July. I would think allowing owners to choose a phase at booking will cut down on the amount of room requests by owners.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just checked my three bedroom lock off resie and Marriott.com only shows one reservation for the studio portion.
Vistana has the correct resie.
My concern for showing up on the Marriott side is purely for the purpose of getting elite night credit and keeping my ducks in a row. I like to see where I am going.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just checked my three bedroom lock off resie and Marriott.com only shows one reservation for the studio portion.
Vistana has the correct resie.
My concern for showing up on the Marriott side is purely for the purpose of getting elite night credit and keeping my ducks in a row. I like to see where I am going.
Interesting. Is this a home resort reservation, HomeOption or StarOption?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. Is this a home resort reservation, HomeOption or StarOption?
Home Options made at 12 months out. On this trip I have 5 reservations but the one mentioned is the only 3 BR lock off. All the other reservations are correct.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Home Options made at 12 months out. On this trip I have 5 reservations but the one mentioned is the only 3 BR lock off. All the other reservations are correct.
It seems they do HomeOptions and perhaps StarOptions differently. My statement was based on someone else's reporting of reservations for home resort weeks reservation. I understand weeks lock off reservations show up as two separate reservations on Marriott.com.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It seems they do HomeOptions and perhaps StarOptions differently. My statement was based on someone else's reporting of reservations for home resort weeks reservation. I understand weeks lock off reservations show up as two separate reservations on Marriott.com.
It is a home resort reservation. My “currency” is HomeOptions. As you know, StarOptions can’t be made until 8 months. Unlike flex, HO can only be used at your home resort. So it should be the same as any owner making a home resort resie.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It is a home resort reservation. My “currency” is HomeOptions. As you know, StarOptions can’t be made until 8 months. Unlike flex, HO can only be used at your home resort. So it should be the same as any owner making a home resort resie.
I still think though that there is a fundamental difference on the back end in how a home resort weeks reservation is made vs how a Home Option reservation is made. Home resort weeks reservations is actually two different contracts and two different units in the system.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
That's a bit of a lottery because I find there are definitely some OV units that are worse than some of the IV ones.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Requesting a Guest Confirmation under the new format: The previous guest confirmation template only required name, city and state. Now it requires full contact info including phone number. If you don't want Vistana calling and badgering your guests or renters to schedule a sales presentation, the template will accept 000-000-0000.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Notice that you can now put a Marriott Bonvoy number on the Resv as well:

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 9.05.48 AM.png

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Notice that you can now put a Marriott Bonvoy number on the Resv as well:

View attachment 42014
Is this for a guest name change? When I made a reservation the other day it had an old bonvoy number that I never used. I need to change it to my current bonvoy.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes - see #42 above. The guest confirmation form is not prefilled with any info - you provide everything.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is this for a guest name change? When I made a reservation the other day it had an old bonvoy number that I never used. I need to change it to my current bonvoy.
Was that Bonvoy number an old number you had, or did it perhaps belong to a prior owner of one of your mandatory weeks?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Was that Bonvoy number an old number you had, or did it perhaps belong to a prior owner of one of your mandatory weeks?
That’s a great question. I do remember having a bonvoy number that was a second number that wasn’t used. I assumed it was that one.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I own several locations so how can I change between them using the Availability Calendar under Find and Reserve? I can currently only see one location.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I own several locations so how can I change between them using the Availability Calendar under Find and Reserve? I can currently only see one location.
You have to do a new search each time or select multiple resorts.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
You should see a small image of each of the locations you own down in the right hand corner. Click on a resort picture to change the reference point for the availability calendar.

Vistana.JPG

Last edited: